WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/2/2024 9:24 PM  #1

Christmas day all over again

What a day. This day must go down in history. In the 37 years I've been watching town I've never known us sign up players for next season so early.

Great work by deaks but a massive thank you to Nally

02/2/2024 10:27 PM  #2

Re: Christmas day all over again

Alex wrote:

What a day. This day must go down in history. In the 37 years I've been watching town I've never known us sign up players for next season so early.

Great work by deaks but a massive thank you to Nally

i know mate fantastic news not just early on but VERY early . A great management move . But like you say Alex i cant remember the club doing this we are normally too late to sign anyone . Well done Deaks and well done Nally 

26/2/2024 9:09 PM  #3

More good news, Tom Cursons has also now signed on for next season. A 21 year old who can only get better and better.

https://ilkestontownfc.co.uk/cursons-signs-new-deal-until-2025/

So the following have now signed on for next season ...

The Management team
Yates (Goalkeeper)
Eratt-Thompson (Midfield)
Dixon (Midfield)
Walker (Forward)
Cursons (Forward)

Who else would you want back?

Defenders - (T) Marshall, Perch, Parker, King, Cox
Midfield - Miekle Minkley, Loughlan
Forwards - Brandy, Starkie, (A) Marshall, Wafula

27/2/2024 6:27 AM  #4

Mikele brandy perch and cox

Still think we need 2 centre halfs.

I want to get a barstool in. Sometimes I think we are to nice.

Another forward.

I would like us to play 2 up front, both players right up top making the centre halfs run towards their own goal.

27/2/2024 8:17 AM  #5

Alex wrote:

Mikele brandy perch and cox

Still think we need 2 centre halfs.

I want to get a barstool in. Sometimes I think we are to nice.

Another forward.

I would like us to play 2 up front, both players right up top making the centre halfs run towards their own goal.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I would keep all of the current squad  I really hope we can get a another couple of seasons out of Perch and Meikle. Both are outstanding at this level. Tom Marshall has been a revelation since being given the number 5 shirt. Cox is a good central defender and really gives the ball away. Parker is a solid defender and has made one full back position his own. King is very skilful and his long throw is a big bonus. Minkley and Loughlan haven’t had much a look in so far but both are decent players. Brandy has shown great attacking flair and can be a match winner. Starkie is one of my personal favourites with great skill and creativity. Wafula needs more time to  settle in but I remember that perfect header at Macclesfield. Alex Marshall is a physical forward who can unsettle defenders.
So I’m very happy to keep all of our squad.

Last edited by Matchman (27/2/2024 8:18 AM)

Board footera