WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/3/2024 10:44 AM  #1

Next season's NPL Premier

After studying the teams most likely to be in our league (NPL Premier) next season I reckon that Marske, Atherton Bradford and Stafford will be replaced by : 

Stockton (Promoted from NPL East
Dunston  (Promoted from NPL East
Either Runcorn or Prescott (Promoted from NPL West)
Rushall (if they are relegated from NPL North

If Rushall aren’t relegated then Mickleover could be laterally moved (if they miss out on promotion)   

(All of the relegated clubs from NPL North are likely to be Southern based teams ie Bishop’s Stortford, Gloucester, Banbury and Rushall).

20/3/2024 6:57 PM  #2

Re: Next season's NPL Premier

I'm from Cheltenhamshire... and we are the Gloucester haters. Forest Green too please... (even with 'our' Steve in charge - it's a Dale Vince thing...).
Ought to add, and out of of respect to Mike - it was 'Proctorshire' before Cheltenhamshire!
Down here... and for generations, Plymouth, the big town/city - Regional capital Exeter the upstarts. Hence the rivalry...

You all needed to know this!

20/3/2024 8:18 PM  #3

Re: Next season's NPL Premier

plymrob wrote:

I'm from Cheltenhamshire... and we are the Gloucester haters. Forest Green too please... (even with 'our' Steve in charge - it's a Dale Vince thing...).
Ought to add, and out of of respect to Mike - it was 'Proctorshire' before Cheltenhamshire!
Down here... and for generations, Plymouth, the big town/city - Regional capital Exeter the upstarts. Hence the rivalry...

You all needed to know this!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi plymrob 
My late brother-in-law used to live at Leckhampton, Cheltenham. We use to visit them often so I know that there is a bit of rivalry between the cities of Cheltenham and Gloucester.  
In my opinion Gloucester look quite likely to be relegated and I find it quite interesting that the current bottom four teams in the National League North are all Southern based teams. 
In England there are far more Southern based teams than Northern based teams.  Hence some Southern based teams will always have to play in Northern leagues because of the imbalance.

Thank you for posting!

Board footera