WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/3/2024 11:19 PM  #1

Carruthers bounces back

Two days after being sacked by Matlock, Martin Carruthers is appointed Basford manager. 

Basford United FC @Basfordutdfc  𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒!
We are delighted to announce Martin Carruthers as first team manager!
Danny Holmes and Andrew Danylyszyn will return to their roles as Assistant Manager and Head Coach.

•    

28 Mar 2024 

Last edited by Matchman (28/3/2024 11:19 PM)

29/3/2024 7:05 AM  #2

Re: Carruthers bounces back

MARTIN CARRUTHERS RETURNS AS FIRST TEAM MANAGER
Josh Wakelin. 28 Mar 2024

Following days of intense discussions, we are delighted to announce the return of Martin Carruthers as our first team manager. Without doubt Basford’s most successful manager of the last decade (Gandiman) will return to Greenwich Avenue on a deal that will run until May 2025.
Carruthers will work with the existing management team of Danny Holmes and Andrew Danylyszyn, who will revert to previous roles of Assistant Manager and Head Coach. Andrew also remains Head of Football Educational Academy for Basford United FC.
Martin Carruthers left Basford United in March 2019 off the back of 5 promotions in 7 glorious years for the club, securing Step 3 football for United in April in 2018 off the back of a 100 point and 100 goal campaign in 2017-18, along with adding the Notts senior Cup trophy to Greenwich Avenue not once but twice in this period was something not achieved by any Basford United manager before!
Commenting Basford Owner Chris Munroe: “I am delighted that a detailed agreement has been reach between Martin, Chair & Vice Chair Stan and Milo to return, and its straight down to work for all with Martin meeting all management and players this evening.”
“The decision to bringing Martin back is irrespective of the outcome of the 23/24 season, where we hope to retain our Step 3 status & regain the Notts Senior Cup trophy facing Forest U23s in the final during May. However, we now have a clear structure for 24/25 & can now start planning with regard to every eventuality.”  
"Martins track record since 2019 has been impressive heading up two very good teams in Ilkeston securing for them Promotion back to Step 3 and for the last two season at Matlock, taking the Gladiators to the NPL Step 3 playoffs in 2022/23 season.”
Basford United Chairman Stan Mitchell added the following:“Getting Martin on board wasn’t on the table a few days ago but when he became available, we knew he would be the perfect fit to work alongside Andy and Danny, Martin was always a fans favourite, and he feels he’s unfinished business at Basford. I worked alongside Martin, Chris and Milo in a very successful period for the club and look forward to renewing that close relationship going forward. The majority of the current players know Martin’s ethos and I have no doubt will buy into the upcoming plans from the newly formed management team and the drive to maintain our standing in Step 3!”

29/3/2024 10:06 AM  #3

What about Wayne Hallcro. He has worked with Martin Carruthers for a few seasons. Obviously not wanted by Chris Munroe and now seemingly abandoned by Martin Carruthers.

Last edited by Matchman (29/3/2024 10:07 AM)

29/3/2024 10:38 AM  #4

Its good and not a surprise to see Martin back in management so quickly. He knows how the club functions having spent so much time earlier in his managerial career so nothing will be a surprise for him. I would not be surprised to see Mark Clifford involved in the near future and a list of ex Ilson players turning out for Basford!

29/3/2024 1:19 PM  #5

I'm sorry guys but I'm not buying this.

Nobody I know this day of age resigns from a job.

He's been tapped up because we all know he's a good manager at step 4. That's where basford are going.

30/3/2024 1:20 PM  #6

Alex wrote:

I'm sorry guys but I'm not buying this.

Nobody I know this day of age resigns from a job.

He's been tapped up because we all know he's a good manager at step 4. That's where basford are going.

I don't give a flying .......tbh .

Board footera