WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/5/2018 8:32 AM  #1

Thank you for last season

Thank you to Alan Hardy for rescuing us and laying the foundations for a secure and successful future
Thank you to all of the staff and volunteers at Ilkeston Town Football Club for working hard to bring back the good times
Thank you to all of the players who entertained us did so outstandingly well
Thank you to the Midland Football League for giving us a league to play in last season
Thank you to the officials of all of the MFL Division One teams who welcomed us warmly
Thank you to our supporters who follow us home and away

Football is about ups and down, joy and disappointment. Nothing is for ever and nothing can be taken for granted but 2017-18 has been a fantastic season giving optimism that even better is still to come.

The Club intend to produce a souvenir publication of the rebirth of Ilkeston Town Football Club summarising the 2017-18 season which should be available before the start of next season.

24/5/2018 3:22 PM  #2

Re: Thank you for last season

Thank You John for supporting this forum. I would feel like I'm talking to myself if it was not for your contribution. Thanks for the match updates whilst I manned the Ilkeston Town Football Club twitter match updates.
I have thanked the contributors to the Matchday programme elsewhere but I must also thank the fans who have said so many nice things about the programme. Your suggestions are always welcome and we are already planning with the "crack"  media team to up our game even more next season.

25/5/2018 8:35 AM  #3

Re: Thank you for last season

One day I would like to give my version of the short life of Ilkeston FC. There is much that has been untold and plenty of bad feeling was caused by the Club's sometimes necessary silence and people jumping to wrong conclusions because of this. Both Mr Mantle and Mr Harrop wanted success for the Club but success in football comes at a price and unforeseen obstacles crop up all the time. Mistakes were made of course but there were good times like reaching the Northern Premier League playoff final. Supporters tend to only remember the dark days.  It's easy to be critical, but not so easy to run and finance a football club with such great expectations.

Board footera