WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/5/2018 12:45 PM  #1

Ilkeston Town promoted!

Ilkeston have been promoted to Step 5 of the pyramid and will play in the Midland Football League Premier Division. Sadly Heanor Town have passed us on the way down and have taken voluntary relegation to step 6 and they will play in the East Midlands Counties League. Our local derby is likely to be against Dunkirk!

25/5/2018 1:43 PM  #2

Re: Ilkeston Town promoted!

Looking at the make up of the Midland Football Leadue Premier Division our most local local derby will be against Long Eaton United and then either Dunkirk or South Normanton Athletic.

25/5/2018 1:52 PM  #3

Apparently Tividale of the West Midlands Regional league have appealed against Ilkeston being promoted ahead of them.

Tividale's record last season was P38, W28, D5, L5, GF 121, GA 49, Pts 89   (points per game : 2.34 )

Ilkeston's record was  P42, W30, D5, L7, GF 107, GA 46, Pts 95 (points per game : 2.26 )

Their appeal is on the grounds that they have a better points per game score than Ilkeston.

An appeal on these grounds was always a possibility. Hope the FA don't take long to come to a decision.

25/5/2018 3:31 PM  #4

But if they played an extra 4 games like ITFC and lost those games their ave points would be 2.11 but we'll never know

25/5/2018 4:27 PM  #5

I think the appeal is due to the fact the FA have this season used the points per game rule ar either step 4 or step 5. They don't at Step 6 so I would imagine it's very unlikely that there appeal will be upheld. Appeals are usually about being in the wrong league not the wrong step. I would presume the FA took into account Ilkestons crowds, ground, infrastructure, their plans for the future and possibly the fact the the Midland Football League Division One is considered to be one of the strongest leagues at step 6!
Whatever the reason it won't stop us being unpopular with a good section of the non league world.

25/5/2018 5:26 PM  #6

Yes some of the comments about Alan Hardy could be deemed as libelous

26/5/2018 7:48 PM  #7

The Marshall brothers scooped the prizes at the Awards night. Alex got the golden boot award and supporters player of the year.  Tom got managers player of the year and players player of the year .

27/5/2018 2:43 PM  #8

Excellent presentation do! Informal and joyous!! I could listen to Martin Lench all night. If Mark Duffy needs a break from the PA I would pass the mike to  Lenchie for his Chas and Dave Banter!

Board footera