WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/12/2018 3:55 PM  #1

Martin McIntosh

Personally I was sorry to see Martin McIntosh leave. At this moment in time I do not know the circumstances of his departure.  I found him to be a really nice person and a very knowledgeable football man. I know some supporters were not totally happy with him but whoever came in after Steve Chettle, was going to be compared with Steve, a bit like following Alex Ferguson at  Man United.  I cannot imagine why he would want to quit so was he pushed and why? Did he pay the price for losing the Eastwood game or was there another reason? Alan Hardy is obviously a man who is prepared to be ruthless in pursuit of his goals. Without knowing the reason for him leaving it's not possible to make  a reasoned comment but if Ian Deakin is to be the next manager why wasn't he given the job when Steve left? All managers have different ideas and prefer to play different types of player. I personally felt that Martin did a good job and wish him well in the future. Good luck to our excellent coaches, Craig Swinscoe and Martin Lench in their temporary roles starting with Saturday's difficult trip to Westfields. 

03/12/2018 9:23 PM  #2

Re: Martin McIntosh

Martin McIntosh joined Ilkeston on 6th September 2018.
The following is Martin McIntosh's league record ;  P11,  W7, D1, L3  F22  A14  Pts  22

During McIntosh's period at Ilkeston (ie from 6th Sep)  these are the records of the current leading clubs :

P     W    D     L     Pts                   Points
                                                                                      Dropped
 1  Ilkeston                11     7     1     3     22                         11
 2  Westfields           12     5     4     3     19                          17
 3  Walsall Wood      12     8     1     3     25                          11
 4  Cov. Sphinx         13     6     3     4     21                         18
 5  Shepshed            12    10    1     1     31                           5
 6  Sporting Khalsa   11     7     2     2     23                         10
 7  Worcester City     12     5     4     3     19                         17

In terms of of points dropped, Martin McIntosh's results stand comparison with all of the other leading clubs with the exception of Shepshed Dynamo who have been on a fantasic run following a poor start.

Last edited by Matchman (04/12/2018 1:27 PM)

04/12/2018 12:25 PM  #3

There were eight new signings during Martin McIntosh's time in charge.  Did they improve the team?

Richard Whyman  -  played in the defeat against Belper United and received some criticism from fans (unfairly in my opinion). Soon moved on to Dunkirk and when he played against us he had an excellent game. Dunkirk officials told me that he doesn't like training.

Paulo Piliero  -  has turned in some good performances but his red card at Highgate probably cost us 3 points.

Matt Baker  -  McIntosh persuaded him to return to the NMG following highly rated Charlie Jemson's move to Tamworth. Fans were gutted when Jemson left but were appeased by Baker's return. Matt always gives 100% commitment and has also chipped in with two goals

Jan Butz  -  McIntosh brought him in as emergency replacement after keeper Liam Mitchell was injured. Only played the one game at Sporting Khalsa and although we lost he had an excellent game.

Reece Fyfe  -  An exciting player on his day and looked a good signing.  Sometimes can drift out of games   but when he's on song he can be a match winner.

Jan Yeomans  -  only see him in the 7-0 walkover against Brocton. He did ok but it was too easy a game to make a proper judgement.

Jermain Hollis  -  Only played a couple of games so far. Had an impressive debut in midfield off the bench at Romulus. Good ball winner and passer.  A good signing in my opinion.

Kieran Rowland  -  Obviously one for the future but already a decent player. His immediate chances of a regular first team place may be limited but a worthwhile signing.

Last edited by Matchman (04/12/2018 4:08 PM)

04/12/2018 4:43 PM  #4

It will be really interesting to see what team is selected by Craig Swinscoe and Martin Lench for Saturday's match at Westfields. Or will it be Ian Deakin who picks the team from his hospital bed ?   The team they pick may throw some light on the reasons for McIntosh's departure. 

05/12/2018 9:15 AM  #5

So Martin McIntosh has joined Frickley Athletic.  That was quick and may or may not throw some light on his unexpected departure.

Was he pushed and Frickley moved quickly to get him ?
Did Frickley tempt him away from Ilkeston withan offer of more money ?

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/frickleyathletic/news/management-news-from-the-wezziecana-2374273.html

Last edited by Matchman (05/12/2018 5:17 PM)

09/12/2018 12:33 AM  #6

Martin McIntosh got off to a winning start at Frickley Athletic with a 3-2 victory over Loughborough Dynamo.
After the win Frickley are 13th in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League :  East Division

16/12/2018 11:11 PM  #7

Martin McIntosh made it three wins out of three since taking over at Frickley Athletic. Saturday's 1-0 win at Marske was the home team's first home defeat.

Board footera