WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/2/2016 8:00 PM  #1

Updates Ilkeston v Daventry

0-0 so far after 10 minutes.Daventry just grazed the bar!

29/2/2016 8:01 PM  #2

Re: Updates Ilkeston v Daventry

0-0 Williams just wide

29/2/2016 8:13 PM  #3

0-0 Burrows clean through but keeper blocks

29/2/2016 8:18 PM  #4

1-0 29 mins Williams with a twenty five yard screamer in off the post. Tremendous shot!

29/2/2016 8:26 PM  #5

1-0 Atkinson nets but Lino flags for off side

29/2/2016 8:35 PM  #6

1-0 Half-Time

29/2/2016 9:05 PM  #7

2-0 Udoh with a screamer!

29/2/2016 9:18 PM  #8

3-0 Daventry close from free kick but Atkinson scores from breakaway!

29/2/2016 9:37 PM  #9

3-0 Daventry have thrown in the towel now! Their sub look about 12

29/2/2016 10:08 PM  #10

Final Score 3-0
Ilkeston could have had six or seven second half as a weak Daventry team tired! In the end it was a comfortable victory after a rather turgid first half. Alex was very disappointed with the effort level from Daventry when the score was 2-0 as he had the score as 2-1 in the prediction league. Nevermind!

01/3/2016 6:05 AM  #11

This is my view of last night's Cup match. Before the game I spoke to a couple of Daventry's officials who told me of their predicament. Apparently they have a transfer embargo so can't bring any new players in. Due to injuries and illness they were down to bare bones last night with only 13 players at the game. Despite that they made a positive start and created a few chances on the break but as the game progressed Ilkeston gradually took control. Michael Williams scored the only goal of the first half with a 30 yarder. It might have been two but for the linesman's flag intervening when Dexter Atkinson finished off one of Ilkeston's best moves. In the second half Dan Udoh did make it two with an absolute belter that went in off the post. Udoh then did the spade work setting up Atkinson for the third. Ilkeston had several more chances but it finished a comfortable 3-0. There were some good performances from all of the Ilkeston team. I think Haydn Goddard is developing in the same way as Jordan Wheatley and was very composed. Dan Udoh is only 19 and is now looking a really good player consistently. I'm not sure if this was Keenan Meakin's first start but he settled in quickly and had a decent game. Nigel Harrop's reaction after the game was that the result and performance should be a confidence booster for the team following defeats in the last two league games. Ilkeston are now away to Kidsgrove in the quarter finals. 

Last edited by Matchman (01/3/2016 7:39 AM)

Board footera