WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/12/2020 10:03 PM  #1

Season's Greetings

We would like to wish a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of our viewers.

Due to the worldwide Covid pandemic, 2020 has been an awful year for all non-league football fans including supporters of Ilkeston Town Football Club. 

The 2019-20 season was cut short and declared null and void and now the current season is also in danger of being curtailed.

The lack of matches has been disappointing for all supporters but at least we at Ilkeston are fortunate to be at the beginning of an exciting new era provided by our new owners.

Despite the reduction in matches which has meant fewer live match updates and match reports, we hope we have kept your interest with other football related information during the lockdown periods.

A special Thank You is due to our regular contributors Trowell Nicky, Dick Durrant and Kevilsonlad

Thank you also to our sponsored player, Mitchell Tait for his contribution and sharing his experiences of match days.

See You Next Year

The Two Johns.

Last edited by Matchman (21/12/2020 10:22 PM)

22/12/2020 2:01 AM  #2

Re: Season's Greetings

Excellent board lads. Clearly a labour of love. Much under used IMO

Merry Xmas to all

22/12/2020 10:03 PM  #3

Merry Christmas to everyone who reads this forum! I would love to see more people take part and join!! Also a big thanks to everyone who has made the Ilkeston Town Official Matchday Programme such a pleasure to produce particularly John Attewell, Lee Prewett, Danny Draper, Patrick Mancini from Moorleys Printers, Anthony, Mark C, Martin C and all the visiting officials who have sent me stuff. Have a great Xmas despite all the problems in the world. We will come through it all much stronger and wiser!

23/12/2020 2:56 AM  #4

Merry Christmas guys hope you all have a good one ...
Was going to say hopefully it will be a lot better next but sadly I can't see it. But we can moan all we like but it's nothing compared to the people who have died . My heart goes out to all especially to those who have lost family members...
Hopefully see you all soon ...

23/12/2020 12:54 PM  #5

Yes, thank you to the two Johns for providing the board. The first port of call for Ilkeston Town news in particular but also for news on other teams in our league and other local teams. We seem to get lots of views but few people commenting; I don't know why that is. 

Merry Christmas one and all and all the very best for 2021. Think it's only fitting to finish with a Christmas cracker joke. If a bull swallows a bomb is it abominable? I'll get mi coat. 

Board footera