WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/2/2021 9:07 PM  #1

National League disarray / finally a decision

Dulwich Hamlet, Curzon Ashton & Chippenham Town have all confirmed that they've been charged by the National League failing to fulfil league fixtures this week. Southport & Concord Rangers are among clubs who've been warned that they could forfeit fixtures if they do not play.

[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1359947762004066307/photo/2]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current chaos in the National League with clubs being threatened with fines for not completing fixtures reminds me of the sad day when the young Ilkeston players were guilty of bringing the Club into disrepute by secretly not turning up en masse for the match at Workington. The players had taken the action because they had not been paid. The result was that Ilkeston had to pay fines and compensation to the tune of £9000 which actually set back their wage payment claims even further. Surely a more appropriate and less damaging course of action would have been for each player to have given the Club advance notice of their refusal to play. 
I will always remember waiting at the ground for the players to arrive and the final realisation that they weren't going to turn up. Supporters making the journey were on the bus waiting to set off when they were told of the situation.

Last edited by Matchman (19/2/2021 2:32 PM)

12/2/2021 9:30 AM  #2

Re: National League disarray / finally a decision

Not unexpectedly, I incurred the wrath of a fellow supporter for my take on the Workington episode.
To clarify, I acknowledge that the players of the day had a genuine grievance but in my opinion the action they chose to take was wrong and not in their own best interests. That is my personal opinion. My fellow supporter who disagreed is of course entitled to his opinion.
I should have stated that two players Danny Gordon and Matt Baker distanced themselves from the action and turned up to play.

12/2/2021 12:58 PM  #3

I remember that day we'll. Was gutted we didn't go . I got a bag full of snap and beers , another bag I had the flag . Plus I was going to meet up with one of the Workington fans who I got friends with when we lost out home game three nil .
Although gutted I backed the players like I said on twitter.
  Wasn't the two players who were at the ground were being paid as they were part of the teaching academy ???

13/2/2021 9:38 AM  #4

Club Statement     Posted By Jordan Cronin on 12th February 2021 

Blyth Spartans AFC can confirm our fixture with AFC Telford United has been postponed after we informed the National League of our intention not to travel. Furthermore, we can confirm the club has been charged with not fulfilling Tuesday’s National League North fixture with Bradford Park Avenue. We are in the process of responding to the National League by using the appropriate procedures.

13/2/2021 10:29 AM  #5

The National League has sent clubs the following statement regarding charging clubs for not fulfilling fixtures...  

18/2/2021 8:11 PM  #6

BREAKING:
The National League North & South season has been declared null & void. Following voting from clubs, the season has been ended with no promotions/relegations to or from the divisions.

The National League (Step 1) clubs have voted to continue their season.

How clubs voted:

Resolution 1 (to let clubs to vote on their own step)
National League: 21 For / 0 Against
NLNorth: 16 For / 6 Against
NLSouth:  9 For / 12 Against

Resolution 2 to end National League (step 1) : 7 For / 13 Against  

Resolution 3   to end Step 2 ie NL North and NL South 
NLNorth: 15 For / 7 Against
NLSouth: 9 For / 12 Against

*****************************************************

Will the National League North and South decision to end their season influence the Northern Premier League?
As the NL North and NL South have said that there will be no promotion and relegation from their Leagues, then that presumably means that no step 3 club can be promoted to step 2. This in turn prohibits step 4 teams being promoted to step 3.

Another question is:  Will the planned reorganisation of Step 4 (ie the increase in the number of step 4 leagues from 7 to 8) go ahead?

Last edited by Matchman (18/2/2021 10:10 PM)

18/2/2021 10:29 PM  #7

From Alfreton Town fc website :

NATIONAL LEAGUE STATEMENT | OUTCOME OF WRITTEN RESOLUTIONS  BY AMAR SHARMA  2 HOURS AGO 

The League have tonight issued the following statement following the Resolution Vote earlier this month, The National League distributed four resolutions for Member Clubs to consider the outcome of the 2020/21 season. With relevant voting thresholds now met for each resolution, The National League can confirm the outcome of this process as follows. 

Resolution One:
In summary: Step One and Two to be split in deciding the outcome of 2020/21 Playing Season.
As a Special Resolution, a voting percentage of 75% or higher was required to pass. 
National League: (for) 21- (against) 0
National League North: 16-6
National League South: 9-12
Result: Passed As a result, Resolution Four is disregarded. 

Resolution Two: (National League only)
In summary: The National League 2020/21 Playing Season (Step One) to be declared null and void. A minimum 51% majority was required for Resolution Two to pass. 
National League: 7-13Result: Not PassedAs a result, the National League National Division will continue to operate for the remainder of the season.

Resolution Three: (National League North and South only)
In summary: The National League North and South 2020/21 Playing Season (Step Two) to be declared null and void. A minimum 51% majority was required for Resolution Three to pass. 
National League North: 15-7
National League South: 9-12
Result: Passed  Resolution is passed and consequently the season at Step Two is null and void. 

Note – There are 2 votes from the National Division that have not yet been cast, however, the outcome of the resolutions cannot be affected by these votes, however they are cast. With the voting procedure now closed, National League North and South fixtures will cease with immediate effect.

The Board will take the resolution outcome to The Football Association for ratification. This will include dialogue regarding promotion and relegation.

19/2/2021 9:31 PM  #8

18 of the 19 clubs in the National League North and South who voted to carry on playing are not happy with the decision to call their season null and void and have written to the General Manager of the National League. 

Ollie Bayliss[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss]@Ollie_Bayliss·3h
 “We respectfully request that the League strongly consider that the two divisions at Step 2 continue playing their seasons, either separately or as one.” 18 clubs across the National North & South have written to the General Manager of the National League.  

[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1362828641273528320/photo/2][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1362828641273528320/photo/3]   

Last edited by Matchman (19/2/2021 10:52 PM)

20/2/2021 9:25 AM  #9

Meanwhile, King's Lynn Town of National League (step 1) are not happy that they have to carry on playing and have issued a Club Statement.

Ollie Bayliss[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss]@Ollie_Bayliss
 King's Lynn Town: "Fixtures with Barnet & Weymouth will take place as scheduled but we're unable to confirm that we will play any further fixtures after February 27th". "Our chairman is working very hard as he seeks clarity on the various scenarios".  

https://kltown.co.uk/2021/02/19/club-statement-2/  

23/2/2021 7:11 PM  #10

DAILYMAIL.CO.UK 

National League North and South clubs in talks to set up a NEW league EXCLUSIVE BY SAMI MOKBEL:

National League North and South clubs have held talks about setting up a new league just days after the decision was made to declare the season null and void.

It was confirmed last week that both non-League divisions — the lowest level of elite football — would be scrapped for the remainder of the season due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

However, there is understood to be genuine support from at least 19 teams to explore the possibility of playing.   

Talks between club representatives have already taken place about a new league format as a possible way of finishing the season, potentially a division consisting of both north and south teams. 

Clubs have also pondered over the possibility of including promotion.If the new-look division is to take place then it would need to happen quickly given the number of fixtures and the limited timeframe.  But sources claim there is legitimate backing from clubs to restart the season.

It is understood that a host of clubs have sought legal advice with regards to the decision to cancel the season.Gloucester City and Dorking Wanderers — who are top of the North and South divisions respectively — are among the clubs with most to lose if the season is not completed.

Board footera