WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/3/2021 6:02 PM  #1

2021-22 season early start

Ollie Bayliss[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss]@Ollie_Bayliss·8m
Leagues at Step 3 & 4 are aiming to start the 2021/22 season on either Saturday 7th or 14th August 2021. The chairmen of the leagues spoke about the plans on yesterday’s @RepossSTPodcast.  

Last edited by Matchman (02/3/2021 7:00 PM)

03/3/2021 11:21 AM  #2

Re: 2021-22 season early start

Ollie Bayliss[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss]@Ollie_Bayliss·1h
The current plan is for 2021/22 FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round to take place on Saturday 7th August. 

03/3/2021 7:28 PM  #3

04/3/2021 8:57 AM  #4

These are the results of Ilkeston's opening league fixtures over the last nine seasons:

18th Aug 2012     NPL Premier          AFC Fylde       (Home)   D 1-1
17th Aug 2013     NPL Premier          Whitby             (Away)    D 1-1
16th Aug 2014     NPL Premier          Witton Albion  (Away)    W 4-1
15th Aug 2015     NPL Premier          Skelmersdale ( Home)   L 1-3
27th Aug 2016     NPL Premier          Ashton Utd      (Home)   L 0-2
  5th Aug 2017     MFL Div One         Uttoxeter         (Away)    D 1-1
  7th Aug 2018     MFL Premier         Shepshed       ( Away)    W 3-2
17th Aug 2019     NPL South East    Cleethorpes    (Home)    D 0-0
19th Sep 2020     NPL South East    Cleethorpes    (Away)     W 3-2

The five times out of nine we've been away, we've not lost (3 wins and two draws)
Not so good at home (2 draws and 2 defeats)

We've not lost our opening fixture in the last four years

Last edited by Matchman (04/3/2021 10:33 AM)

04/3/2021 3:29 PM  #5

The one that stands out for me is .............the Witton game .  didnt we go one behind first plus a penalty appeal for us turned down , then bang ! Nice ground as well especially the covered ends good for singing . 

04/3/2021 8:35 PM  #6

The away game at Uttoxeter was an emotional one for me. I was so relieved to be watching Ilkeston Town again and the future seemed bright. Montel Gibson turned up minutes before kick off and Chris Shaw came on as sub and scored the equaliser with a cracking free kick.
I first met Anthony Redwood and I was thinking whats a bloke coming all the way from Wales to watch Ilkeston. Days later I realised he was the boss!

04/3/2021 10:52 PM  #7

kevilsonlad wrote:

The one that stands out for me is .............the Witton game .  didnt we go one behind first plus a penalty appeal for us turned down , then bang ! Nice ground as well especially the covered ends good for singing . 

*************************************************************************************

You’re right Kev. Witton led 1-0 at half time then Ilkeston hit four in the second half.
Lane, Duffy 2 and Richards were the scorers. 
That was the season Ilkeston reached the playoffs by finishing 5th with 81 points.
Ilkeston had a remarkable away record that season : Played 23, Won 12, Drawn 6, Lost 5. Points 42 

05/3/2021 8:51 AM  #8

WhiteBallProject wrote:

The away game at Uttoxeter was an emotional one for me. I was so relieved to be watching Ilkeston Town again and the future seemed bright. Montel Gibson turned up minutes before kick off and Chris Shaw came on as sub and scored the equaliser with a cracking free kick.
I first met Anthony Redwood and I was thinking whats a bloke coming all the way from Wales to watch Ilkeston. Days later I realised he was the boss!

That day their main forward ran our defence ragged. Was a great day as you say as the new Ilkeston Town .

The Cleethorpes game away was good not just for result but the organisation from Cleethorpes and the supporters group taking two coaches. A great day out .

05/3/2021 9:29 AM  #9

I missed the Uttoxeter game after being on Holiday in Cornwall the week before. I tried desperately to drive back in time for the match by setting off early but was thwarted by heavy traffic and major holdups. Luckily for me someone filmed Chris Shaw's free kick equaliser. Thank you to that person!

The Cleethorpes away win was a great day out and well organised by Zane. There's a lot of work involved in organising away trips and Zane is very good at it, as was Lynda before him. 

05/3/2021 10:38 AM  #10

Sound like the famous Loughborough University game. I booked a holiday in Dartmouth thinking we would have the title sown up by the last game. On the Saturday morning of the game I drove all the way back to Ilkeston unloaded the car quickly and then made my way to Loughborough. Finding the ground and the parking was a nightmare and I could hear the crowd cheering before I got into the ground twenty odd minutes late. However I should not have worried we were already several goals to the good when I finally took my seat and the rest is history. Possibly the very best 'last game' of the season!

24/3/2021 6:16 AM  #11

Ollie Bayliss[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss]@Ollie_Bayliss·6h 
“The Trident Leagues intend to complete the 2021/22 league season at the end of April 2022, with play-offs being staged over the Bank Holiday weekend, although we want to have the option to extend to May 31st if required.” -Northern Premier League chairman Mark Harris  

So the Northern Premier League plan for next season is :

Start of Season  :  14th August 2021

End of Season   :   By end of April 2022

Playoffs              :   May 2022 Bank Holiday Weekend

Last edited by Matchman (24/3/2021 6:21 AM)

24/3/2021 8:27 AM  #12

A massive load of work to do especially if they are still going to change the league structure .

Board footera