WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/4/2021 9:44 AM  #1

Belper town signing

Belper Town Sign Tyler Williams 

about 2 hours ago   By James Gordon

Belper Town have announced the signing of Tyler Williams from Frickley Athletic. Manager Grant Black said: “We are delighted to have agreed to bring Tyler to the club. “He is a player we have admired for a long time and to be able to finally get him in is a great thing for us.

“He is a full-back who is very good defensively, he’s and quick strong and also likes to attack. He can play wing back or on the wing as well, which is always something we look for.

“We can't wait to start working with him and I'm sure the Nailers fans will make him feel very welcome."

Williams added: “It’s a pleasure to be joining Belper Town.“I am joining the club because they had a very good season last year before it got cancelled and it’s clear they have that ambition to go further this year and win the league.

“With the new stand and 4G training pitch, I can see that that they are building something good here and I want to be a part of that."  

Last edited by Matchman (23/4/2021 9:46 AM)

23/4/2021 10:00 AM  #2

Re: Belper town signing

NO FOOTBALL BUT PLENTY OF PROGRESS BEING MADE 
BY DAVID LAUGHLIN 1 HOUR AGO

There may have been very little activity on the pitch at Belper Town, but great progress is being made off it, writes Kurt Bigg (Belper News  )

In February, Belper announced plans to build a new undercover spectator stand that will hold up to 200 fans.The stand, which will occupy the Church End of the ground, will cover the existing terrace and is expected to be completed by the summer.

Nailers chairman Ian Woodward (pictured) has had these plans in place for a few years and is happy to have got the project underway.  He said: “We had a plan of developments for the ground when I took over – this was one of them. I got the ball in motion, I got the plans drawn up, I got the planning permission approved. “The last bit was the financing, which we’ve managed to finance through generous sponsors and people offering their time spare. “Once again, it’s a collective group of people that have agreed with what we are doing and have helped it happen. That’s credit to Belper and a credit to the club.”

The stand won’t be the only new addition to the Raygar Stadium when fans are allowed back, with a 4G training pitch installed in November 2020. Money has been tight for non-league clubs due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and it has been no different at Belper. Woodward has been reliant on generous sponsors to help fund the project and believes the stand, as well as other facilities, will help the club move forward in the coming years.

“It’s very difficult to get sponsors to put their hands in their pocket, write you a cheque out and say here’s £10,000, off you go. People like to see what they are spending their money for,” Woodward said.

“A few years ago, we sort of looked at it. We can build a club that’s fit for promotion, fit for fantastic facilities. Hopefully, we can attract a good manager, which we have, who wants to be at the club. He’ll help to attract players that want to play for Belper. “You can chuck money at it all the time, but if the players don’t feel comfortable, they’re not happy there, the manager’s not happy there, then it moves on and every year is just another challenge. Grant [Black, first-team manager] has been very patient.

“If we can build a proper football club and run it like a proper football club then people will stay, the manager will stay, the players will stay, and the supporters will want to come and be part of Belper Town Football Club - that’s the mind-set about it. We want people to enjoy coming and we want the best facilities. “The improvements are massive. When the supporters come back to the club, they will see a huge difference. Hopefully, the players will see the difference too. “It’s a proper stadium, a football club. We haven’t just been sitting and getting upset about it; we’ve kept positive and hopefully the fans and players will appreciate that.”  Black cites the additions as reasons he pledged his future to the club and aims to help the Nailers climb as high as they can in the English football pyramid. He said: “It’s been an easy decision to stay and commit long term to the club given we knew what was coming. It’s like a merry-go-round a lot of times at football clubs, because they will chuck money at it and it won’t work. “They’ll still get 100 fans, not great facilities and there’s no longevity to want to stay there. Managers and players want to progress, so they’ll all move on. “But me, the management staff and a good core of the lads feel and know that we can do that with Belper. “Yes, we want to progress and manage as high as we can, and the lads want to play as high as they can. But we know we have a chairman and a club that want to go on that journey as well.

”Belper Town haven’t played since the middle of December, a 1-0 friendly win over Coalville Town, and Black admits that he was frustrated with the stop-start nature of the 2020/21 season. However, he has also stated that has been very impressed with how the board put the plans together and he can’t wait to see the facilities. “Since I’ve been here and the chairman came in, they’ve always been honest with me – always been true. When they sat me down and said this is what we are going to do, I knew it wasn’t just a plan, I knew he would do it. “He’s been true to that and it’s just brilliant. To see that they are still going to those lengths to have that impact for us when we go back shows that they are just as passionate as we are. “We can’t wait to get back now and enjoy all of the facilities that they’ve been putting together.”

Black had a message for the Belper Town supporters, saying: “Obviously we can’t wait to get back as a group of players and staff. “Hopefully, everyone will be down at Belper as soon as they get that opportunity. They will be amazed by the facilities and they will be entertained on the pitch as well as off it.”

05/5/2021 7:58 PM  #3

Re: Belper town signing

BELBER TOWN STRENGTHEN AGAIN

MORGAN JAMES BECOMES THE LATEST SIGNING 
BY DAVID LAUGHLIN   2 DAYS AGO 

Grant Black made his second new signing ahead of the new season, after agreeing terms with former Doncaster Rovers midfielder, Morgan James.

He can play anywhere in midfield and will chip in with goals so we are really looking forward to having him with us

Rotherham born, 21-year-old James (pictured) came through the Doncaster youth teams. He made his debut for Rovers in 2017 prior to signing a professional contract with the club in June 2018.
He has a spell on loan at Stafford Rangers and then joined Hyde United following his release from the Keepmoat Stadium.
More recently, he had signed for fellow Derbyshire club, Staveley Miners Welfare.
On his new signing, Grant Black said, “Speaking with Morgan, I was impressed with his attitude to football and life in general. He’s a grafter who wants to get better in everything he does. “After seeing him play for us in the friendly match at Pinxton on Saturday, I thought that he would be perfect for us. “He has so much technical ability on the ball and is like a dog without it. “He fits in with what we want in a player and is the kind of player we want representing Belper Town  “He can play anywhere in midfield and will chip in with goals so we are really looking forward to having him with us.”
Morgan himself was equally pleased to be joining the Nailers, saying, “I’m very excited to be joining Belper and hope I can bring something to the team the club.The players and staff have been excellent with me and I’m looking forward to the season ahead  “Everyone at the club is looking forward and wanting the same things so I’m happy to be a part of the project and hopefully we can get started soon. “I was really impressed with the gaffer and how he spoke about his ambition as a manager and how he wants to get the club as high as he can and that's the kind of place I want to be to continue progressing myself.”

********************************************************************************

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING SOME PLAYER NEWS FOM ILKESTON SOON.

Last edited by Matchman (05/5/2021 8:05 PM)

Board footera