WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/5/2021 5:24 PM  #1

Kyle Dixon released by Basford

RELEASED PLAYERS FOR 2021/22 CONFIRMED  BY HARRY WORGAN 

We can confirm that the following four players have not been offered new deals for the 2021/22 season and have therefore left the club:

Charlie Gatter
Kyle Dixon
James Carvell
Lewis Carr

Manager Steve Chettle said: "Charlie had minimal game time during the curtailed season. With the partnership of Brad Gascoigne and Stefan Galinski at the heart of our defence his opportunities were few and given the situation of the curtailed season and having to plan accordingly for next season we couldn't offer him a new deal. We wish Charlie all the success in his ever-extending business and whatever his decision is regarding his footballing future we hope it is a positive one.

“James has been at Basford United for two seasons and has found it difficult nailing down a place in the starting line up during his time with us. He has played small cameos in league fixtures and has had a spell out on loan at Belper Town. Again, everyone at Basford United would like to wish him the best of luck in the future. 

“Kyle came back for his second spell here at the start of last season and began in the team at the start of the campaign but found himself out of the team and playing small parts as a substitute. The decision was made that Kyle needs to be playing week after week and that is something I couldn't promise him. I'm sure that Kyle being the positive person that he is, will find a club and hopefully carry on in his career.

"Lewis Carr has been a pleasure to have around Basford United for the time that I have been in charge. I sat down with Lewis and said that we would be in the same situation as the last two seasons but with the change in the Club's circumstances and already having players under contract at the Club, I was in the difficult position of being unable to offer him a deal for next season. During my meeting with Lewis, I said that if any Club contacted me directly, I would give him a glowing reference and do whatever we could to help. Good luck Lewis and thank you for your terrific service during your time at Basford United." 

Chairman Chris Munroe added: “ I would like to thank all the lads but especially Lewis Carr who has shown outstanding commitment to Basford United over the last four years. Lewis has been a brilliant defender, who has chipped in with crucial goals over this period, but more so was a really nice person and I personally wish him along with the other players the very best for the future". 

Last edited by Matchman (17/5/2021 5:26 PM)

17/5/2021 8:54 PM  #2

Re: Kyle Dixon released by Basford

I personally rated Kyle Dixon. Remember his cracking goal at Walsall Wood. 

Board footera