WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/6/2021 6:10 PM  #1

Sutton Coldfield Town Update

SUTTON COLDFIELD TOWN

AN UPDATE FROM THE MANAGER   BY ALEXANDER MOLONEY

With the news coming out last week regarding some players moving on I thought it best to give everyone an update on where we are squad wise.

You will have seen the news about Ben George, Reece Leek and Ryan Moore moving on last week and although I'm really sorry to see all three leave I have to respect their decisions and I thank them all for their efforts whilst with the club. All three were offered reduced terms by myself and with better offers on the table from other clubs they have decided to move on. As it stands, they are the only three out of last season's squad that have decided to move on but as ever there are a number of our players being approached by other clubs so this may change over the next few weeks. The main focus from the management team was securing the core of last season's squad and we are happy to say we have done that. 

In terms of players coming in we have agreed deals with 4 players that will no doubt improve our squad and I am in conversations with another two about joining. As I always do until they are signed on registration forms, I won't be releasing their names but they will all fit in with our young squad perfectly. 

We will return to Pre Season training on June 29th and our pre season schedule is now fully complete with some very good games in there. We are all looking forward to getting back to some kind of normal and seeing 340 turn out to watch out game against Boldmere was very encouraging indeed. Getting that kind of crowd makes a massive difference for our club and if we could sustain that level, it would be amazing.

The new league we are in this year is going to be super competitive with some really big sides going all out for promotion. Those teams will all travel in numbers and with a lot more local derbies to look forward too, we hope we can increase the gates and get more Sutton Coldfield people down to watch the mighty Royals.

See you all soon,
Toothy 

Last edited by Matchman (20/6/2021 6:13 PM)

Board footera