WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/7/2021 3:39 PM  #1

Another new signing

Well i thought we had done with the signings

.Ilkeston Town have completed the signing of much-travelled midfielder Aman Verma.The 34-year-old was most recently with Mickleover and has plenty of playing experience high up in the non-league pyramid after being released by Leicester City in 2011, where he had come through the youth setup.Having played on loan at Crewe Alexandra in the Football League during his time with the Foxes, his most notable spell then came with Kidderminster Harriers where he played over 50 times in the National League.He has also featured heavily for Kettering Town, Corby Town, Darlington, Torquay United and Tamworth, as well as playing under former England defender Mark Wright in Malta for Floriana.Whilst at Darlington, Verma was part of the team that won the FA Trophy at Wembley by beating Mansfield Town in 2011.Ilkeston boss Martin Carruthers says he’s delighted to sign a player with such good experience.He said: “We are delighted to welcome Aman to the club. He is a highly experienced and talented individual who was sought after by numerous clubs from higher levels.“His playing record speaks for itself and this is another fantastic addition to an already talented squad.“I’m sure he will be a real fans’ favourite.”

18/7/2021 3:32 PM  #2

Re: Another new signing

I too wasn’t expecting more signings. It seems that our owners really are trying to put together a promotion winning squad. Can’t wait for the season proper to commence. There are some good teams in our league so it will be difficult but I’m feeling optimistic

Last edited by Matchman (18/7/2021 4:42 PM)

19/7/2021 1:58 PM  #3

Re: Another new signing

i think are at least ten really good teams in our league ...going to be a hard league to get out of .

Board footera