WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/7/2021 9:01 AM  #1

Pre-season Friendly - Heanor v Ilkeston updates

Ilkeston's 4th pre-season friendly takes place today at the Town Ground, Heanor, Kickoff 3pm and we're expecting a large number of supporters to make the short trip.Come along if you can and see our new players in action. There's sure to be plenty of goals. Ilkeston's media team will be back at full strength. Regular updates here and on ITFC twitter. 

Last edited by Matchman (24/7/2021 9:04 AM)

24/7/2021 1:58 PM  #2

Re: Pre-season Friendly - Heanor v Ilkeston updates

1 Durrant, 2 Frances, 3 Bennett, 4Wakefield, 5 Trialist, 6 Fenton, 7 Carvell, 8 Verma, 9 Campbell, 10, Troke, 11 Goodson.
Subs : Stainsby, Trialist, Brown-Hill, Wright, Tait, Lee, Reid

24/7/2021 1:59 PM  #3

It's kickoff time.   We're off.

24/7/2021 2:03 PM  #4

Carvell sends defender this way and that way before crossing but Heanor eventually clear. Ilkeston are playing up the slope. Goodson crosses and Troke header is just wide       0-0  3 minutes

24/7/2021 2:09 PM  #5

First corner to Ilkeston.  Carvell goes down in area but play on. It's all happening in Heanors half. Heanor break and almost score.         0-0     9 minutes

24/7/2021 2:19 PM  #6

Heanor have settled but Ilkeston are more composed.Good run by Carvell but no finish. Nice cross by Frances but Heanor clear. Goodson cross met by Trroke bur defender does well to block.    0-0     19 minutes

24/7/2021 2:24 PM  #7

Frances makes great forward run but Heanor scramble the ball away. Heanoe are under some pressure. Great effort by Verma but its blocked      0-0       23 mins

24/7/2021 2:28 PM  #8

Amazing that its still scoreless. Ilkeston really should be ahead. Drinks break on 26 minutes.

24/7/2021 2:36 PM  #9

It's all Ilkeston but Heanoe defenders are blocking everything. Remaye flattened but nothing given. GOAL  Big Scramble in the Heanor goalmouth and Remaye Cambell puts it in.       1-0    35 minutes 

24/7/2021 2:41 PM  #10

Troke tripped outside of area. .Supert save by keeper from Troke's free kick.   Good attack by Heanor but Ilkeston clear  Goal Heanor equaliser on 41 minutes    1-1.  

24/7/2021 2:52 PM  #11

The goal has lifted Heanor.  Goodson cross is deflected out. Corner is cleared.
GOAL !  Wakefield finds the net .  His shot took me by surprise and I missed it
Heanor  1    Ilkeston 2      It's half time

Ilkeston well on top but credit to Heanor for some great defending.

24/7/2021 3:02 PM  #12

Second half is now underway

24/7/2021 3:10 PM  #13

Attendance given as 287 
Corner to Ilkeston is cleared. Swift Heanor attack and Ilkeston have to concede a corner. Bennett clears.    Good run and shot by Bennett.   GOAL   Troke fires home     3-1        53 minutes

24/7/2021 3:16 PM  #14

Heanor are doing better just now .   GOAL Ilkeston  Don't know who scored     4-1   59 mins

24/7/2021 3:23 PM  #15

I'm behind the Heanor goal so difficult to see the far goal. Good defending by Frances as he and Durrant stop a dangerous Heanor attack. Some changes have been made on 70 minutes      4-1

24/7/2021 3:35 PM  #16

Heanor No 11 tangles with Frances and wants a penalty but no chance. Good close range save by Heanor keeper, then  Durrant has to save at the other end. Saving tackle by Mitchell Tait stops Heanor threat. Tait then involved in Ilkeston attack.           4-1     78 minutes

24/7/2021 3:43 PM  #17

Free kick to Heanor in good position.  Shot flies wide. Brown-Hill starting to impress in his first game back.     4-1      85 minutes

24/7/2021 3:49 PM  #18

Another Ilkeston shot blocked as we go into added time.     4-1    90 minutes

24/7/2021 3:51 PM  #19

That's full time      Heanor Town   1  Ilkeston Town   4

25/7/2021 3:34 PM  #20

Of the new signings, I thought Rashaan Frances was outstanding today. Solid defending and some good forward runs. Charlie Wakefield also had a decent game in midfield. James Carvell looks a good attacking signing, always willing to take on defenders. Experienced Aman Verma looked very composed. I wasn't convinced by Remaye Campbell at Quorn but he looked better against Heanor and he has scored couple of goals so I'll reserve judgement until I've seen more of him.. One of the trialists, central defender Stern Irvine looks worth signing in my opinion. 
After the second half substitutions, the player who stood out for me was Mitchell Tait. He has all the attributes needed to be a top player and he's going to get even better. We ought to put him on contract because he could walk into a lot of teams at our level.

Last edited by Matchman (25/7/2021 3:42 PM)

25/7/2021 5:48 PM  #21

Some big decisions to be made on some big players over the coming weeks

For me 9 out of the 11 starting places are nailed on. If we can sign Irvine of course which we haven’t yet

Think he may be looking at options higher than us in the full time game after leaving Notts County but you never know

Agree re Francis. All the characteristics to become a fans favourite. Campbell will get better as he gets fitter. And with Troke & Goodson will pose a real threat

Thought Verma was class yesterday and he/ Wakefield look well suited. Both do the simple things well

We’ve played no one yet though. Tuesday will be a tougher test. But we look pretty fit and options are plentiful

Cautiously optimistic

Last edited by Dick Durrant (25/7/2021 5:50 PM)

Board footera