WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/8/2021 5:08 AM  #1

Strong Statement from Shepshed Dynamo Manager

MESSAGE FROM THE MANAGER  
BY SHEPSHED NEWSDESK  7 HOURS AGO

Following yesterdays early exit from the FA Cup away at Long Eaton Utd, Manager Damion Beckford-Quailey has today given the following statement.

"After 24hrs to reflect on yesterdays performance, I would like to apologise for my teams performance, which has to be the worst performance from any of my teams I have picked since being at the club. What was said in the dressing room following the game, will stay in the dressing room, but believe me the players know exactly how I feel, and there is a minimum I expect when players pull on a Shepshed shirt.
We have fantastic support who travel with us and watch us win lose or draw, and always stick with us, and yesterday we let them and the Chairman down. Credit does go to Long Eaton who played to their strengths, and was by far the better team right from the first minute. 
I wouldnt normally do a statement like this, but I owe it to the club, as I was one of the people who didnt go over to the supporters at the end of the game to clap them for their support and that is unacceptable."

Dynamo's next game is now next Saturday when we travel to Cambridgeshire to play Soham Town Rangers, followed by a home game on Bank Holiday Monday to local rivals Loughborough Dynamo. 

Last edited by Matchman (23/8/2021 8:43 AM)

Board footera