WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/1/2022 2:46 PM  #1

BREAKING NEWS.....POSSIBLE NEW SIGNING

FROM RUTLAND & STAMFORD MERCURY

Stamford AFC striker Jack Duffy is a transfer target for Northern Premier League Midlands Division leaders Ilkeston Town

Top scorer Jack Duffy is a player in demand with three clubs targetting the Daniels marksman. Duffy took his goal haul for the season to a dozen to make him the fifth top scorer in the Northern Premier League Midlands Division with a brace in the 4-0 victory over Corby Town on New Year's Day. And his goalscoring exploits have caught the attention of a trio of clubs who have all submitted seven-day approaches for the striker. Duffy has already turned down the advances of National League North side Kettering Town and Northern Premier Division outfit Basford.

Midlands Division leaders Ilkeston Town are the latest club to make a move for Duffy and Stamford manager Graham Drury is hoping that his striker will also reject a switch to the New Manor Ground.

Drury said: "Jack has turned down two offers and he's now got another decision to make with Ilkeston, but I'm hoping that he is going to stay. "It doesn't surprise me that clubs are interested because he's a big unit who is scoring goals and he's fit and quick. "He has done really well for us and I'm really hoping to keep him because I've got him in a really good place. "He's really strong mentally and positive about his game and what he's doing which is all credit to him as an individual because sometimes you have to find that from within and he's done that well this year."

Zayn Hakeem has decided to leave the club and return to Anstey Nomads with his game-time limited while defender Stacey Freeman has moved out of the area and back to the south coast. Drury added: "Zayn wants to play more football which I totally appreciate and understand. "I will always be totally honest to the guys and I can't play them all, especially when you're winning and you've got a good side which is hard to get in. "Zayn has been very open and admitted he hadn't hit the ground running like he wanted to and hasn't been able to cement a place so I wish him all the best because he's a top lad who has been great for me.

"Stacey has moved on as well so, with losing Joe Butterworth to Bedford, it has brought the squad down to 16 players which has been taken out of my hands. "It's still a very strong squad though but whether I do anything in the market myself is something that I might look at."

Drury saw his side move back into the play-off places on New Year's Day with a 4-0 away win at his former club Corby Town.Three goals in eight first half minutes laid the foundations for the success as Stamford made an instant return to winning ways following the defeat against Yaxley in their previous outing. He commented: "I thought we were really good in the first half and created some good chances. "Our movement in and around the 18-yard box was sharp and we were intense with our passing. It was a lot quicker than of late. "We were patient in our build-up and I was really pleased with the overall performance. "We might have been a bit sluggish to start the second half but we showed game management and got the fourth goal which was pleasing.

"We have to now go on another run. We have to start new memories because the old and past is gone and we need to keep on the coat-tails of the sides above us and make sure we stay in there.

"Stamford are back in action on Saturday when they host Sporting Khalsa at the Zeeco Stadium.   

Last edited by Matchman (03/1/2022 9:57 PM)

03/1/2022 4:12 PM  #2

Re: BREAKING NEWS.....POSSIBLE NEW SIGNING

Jack has played for Nottingham University , Long Eaton United before joining Quorn. In 2020 he moved on to Stamford. I am presuming he must have played for Martin Carruthers at Quorn so the management should know if he is a prospect or not. if it comes off looks like an excellent signing and will make one statto's life easier as Stamford won't have a Jack and Jake Duffy playing up front for them!

03/1/2022 6:00 PM  #3

One of our owners has tweeted this story. Is that a clue?

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidhilton77

03/1/2022 9:36 PM  #4

i did find this earlier today thinking no surely but then like Trowell Nicky has put on here i saw Dave`s tweet so it must be true . But one thing that gets me is that a club doesnt normally say up front who they are going for ....... So does it mean we have signed him or are we waiting for an answer ? If we do sign him it will be a really good signing ... 

03/1/2022 9:43 PM  #5

Big unit. For me would improve our side. Fingers crossed

03/1/2022 11:10 PM  #6

If he signs, sounds like we have another good one on our hands.

04/1/2022 8:30 PM  #7

No news yet so it seems like he is giving it some serious thought. If he had decided to stay at Stamford, I think they would have announced it by now.

Last edited by Matchman (04/1/2022 8:39 PM)

04/1/2022 8:39 PM  #8

I think the answer we need to know is when did we put 7 days in for him.

05/1/2022 1:54 PM  #9

If we can put in seven days for him I am presuming he will not be on a contact at Stamford and therefore only on a pay per game arrangement. A promise of a contract, less travelling to training and playing for Martin and  in front of the 200 strong NMG faithful might be a deciding factor. Plus the Che Adams factor might help!

05/1/2022 5:52 PM  #10

According to Stamford Twitter , he's decided to stay where he is.

Thank you @Jack_Duffy9 in believing in us... Dannies, let's make 2022 a season to remember..      

But there's not been any official announcement,

Last edited by Matchman (05/1/2022 6:13 PM)

05/1/2022 7:01 PM  #11

It's very strange that there's been no official statement from either club.  
Maybe a final decision has not yet been made
Maybe Stamford twitter has jumped the gun to put pressure on Duffy to stay. 
Hopefully we should find out soon.

Last edited by Matchman (05/1/2022 7:01 PM)

05/1/2022 8:37 PM  #12

Matchman wrote:

According to Stamford Twitter , he's decided to stay where he is.

Thank you @Jack_Duffy9 in believing in us... Dannies, let's make 2022 a season to remember..      

But there's not been any official announcement,

Well if it's true it's his loss not ours. Onwards and upwards.

05/1/2022 10:10 PM  #13

Aye, he's stopping where he is for the rest of this season. Update from the manager and the player himself. Hopefully he was only one of a number of possible targets.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/stamfordafc/news/jack-duffy-update-2673089.html

05/1/2022 10:37 PM  #14

It's disappointing to miss out, but it sounds like the lad's been through some difficult times and I like it that he's showing some loyalty to the manager and the club who helped him through those times. Loyalty seems to be a rare commodity these days.

05/1/2022 11:29 PM  #15

Apart from a forward do we need to sign another player? I would like to see a no.2 to come in. So we have back up for Ross

06/1/2022 10:30 AM  #16

I agree with Trowell Nicky, there's nothing wrong with showing loyalty. Duffy is obviously enjoying his football at Stamford where he is appreciated. It was a difficult decision for him and he's gone for the safe option. Good luck to him.  For us it's only a minor setback.

https://www.thenpl.co.uk/stamford-striker-snubs-offers-to-stay-with-daniels-68843

06/1/2022 4:16 PM  #17

Fair play to the lad. Has anybody heard anything on the grape vine?

Board footera