WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/1/2022 9:13 PM  #1

Death in Paradise and an Ex Robin

If you are watching the new series of Death in Paradise the guy who has just been murdered in the first few minutes is an Ex Robin. The actor Jake Fairbrother is the real life son of the commissioner Don Warrington he played for Ilkeston Town under John McGinlay having signed from Gresley Rovers. You might not recognise from these days as he used to have an impressive Afro then. His experience led him to turn hs back on a football career to train as an actor.

07/1/2022 10:19 PM  #2

Re: Death in Paradise and an Ex Robin

If I remember right didn't he have big hair like a afro

08/1/2022 12:47 PM  #3

He certainly did! I don't know if playing for us sent him bad or it was a fashion statement. When he left us he joined the Royal Shakespeare Company. That is a route not many football players have taken. Personally after watching him last night I think he was a better footballer than actor. I wonder if he got the job because of his family connections!

17/1/2022 8:00 PM  #4

Jake Fairbrother Ex Robin and Shakespearean actor was on  Vera this week on ITV

17/1/2022 8:45 PM  #5

I am watching Jake on Vera and his role is limited. In Death in Paradise he was murdered in the first few minutes and in Vera his girlfriend also is best mates wife is murdered in the first few minutes. Old Jake is number one suspect at the moment. Should have stuck to non league football less peril and murder!

Board footera