WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/1/2022 7:45 PM  #1

New Signing

[color=inherit].[/color]

INCOMING Check out our socials at 12pm tomorrow to find out who! 

25/1/2022 9:45 AM  #2

Re: New Signing

A left-back if we’ve lost Billy Bennett? I went to see Basford v Nantwich on Saturday (didn’t fancy the drive to Soham); Kieran Wells was pretty much anonymous, Paddy Webb was very hit and miss, but Mitchell Tait was probably the best player on the park. I have to say, he looked real quality. He did go off injured with about 10 to go, but it didn’t look anything serious. Basford have got nothing to play for this season, could we loan him back for a month?

25/1/2022 9:57 AM  #3

I would sign Ryan Wilson from them.

25/1/2022 10:33 AM  #4

Ryan Wilson crossed my mind. I don't know who the signing is but I presume its an 'old boy' or a young buck from a local league club. Players in the frame as an 'old boy' are Kyle Dixon, Elliott Reeves, Montel Gibson and Calum Chettle. As for the young bucks it could be anyone. I believe we probably need more depth up front. If Remaye, Alex or Zak got an injury we would look very thin on replacements. 
If I was a betting man my money would be on Elliott Reeves or Montel Gibson (Montel had a very successful spell at Halesowen) or as a long shot James Rowe from Chesterfield as they have just allegedly sacked him. 
There is also Lewis McGuigan or even the evergreen John Stead.
In other words I have no idea!!!

25/1/2022 10:34 AM  #5

Trowell Nicky wrote:

A left-back if we’ve lost Billy Bennett? I went to see Basford v Nantwich on Saturday (didn’t fancy the drive to Soham); Kieran Wells was pretty much anonymous, Paddy Webb was very hit and miss, but Mitchell Tait was probably the best player on the park. I have to say, he looked real quality. He did go off injured with about 10 to go, but it didn’t look anything serious. Basford have got nothing to play for this season, could we loan him back for a month?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In my opinion we made a big mistake letting Mitch go. In a few years he'll be playing in the football league and we will have missed out.

If Billy is unavailable for the Halesowen match Ollie Brownhill could be the replacement. He played full back when at Stamford. The excellent Stern Irvine is another possibility.

Anyway, back to the new signing.  I'm hoping it's Montel Gibson. I thought he was our most gifted player when he played for us in the Alan Hardy era scoring some brilliant goals. Since then he's played at higher levels including Grimsby. Dave recently posted about his availability.

Another ex Ilkeston player who might be available right now is Kyle Dixon. 

Or will it be someone totally unexpected ?

Last edited by Matchman (25/1/2022 10:41 AM)

25/1/2022 10:39 AM  #6

Looks like Montel and Kyle are favourites on WhiteBall!
Any body remember Richard Brodie he came in to secure promotion under Lee Fowler but injured after ten minutes and never played again. Kyle Perry came in and did a  job. Also just thought Rod Orlando-Young has not swapped clubs for at least a fortnight so he may be looking for a move! and Kevin Bastos just slipped in to my head as well. Both short term flair players?

25/1/2022 12:07 PM  #7

Ilkeston Town FC

@Montel_Gibson9 rejoins the club today on an initial 18 month contract The former @officialgtfc striker is available immediately and is expected to feature against his former club @halesowentownfc on Saturday  Welcome back to the NMG Montel   #OneTownOneClub  

12:00 pm

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Whoohoo   -    I am so happy !

Last edited by Matchman (25/1/2022 12:40 PM)

25/1/2022 12:20 PM  #8

You could always see he had good technical ability. And hopefully he's improved further while he's been away. He did have a tendency to drift out of games as well though. Didn't he leave us cos he wanted a move back to the West Midlands, presumably where he lives?

25/1/2022 12:54 PM  #9

Trowell Nicky wrote:

You could always see he had good technical ability. And hopefully he's improved further while he's been away. He did have a tendency to drift out of games as well though. Didn't he leave us cos he wanted a move back to the West Midlands, presumably where he lives?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When Montel was at Ilkeston previously he didn't drive and he was having problems getting someone to drive him to matches and training twice a week. 

Last edited by Matchman (25/1/2022 12:55 PM)

25/1/2022 1:27 PM  #10

Durrant
  Williams             Maguire               Fenton           Irvine
          Chapman             Bird          Wakefield
        Goodson             Troke                    Gibson 

25/1/2022 2:37 PM  #11

What as Campbell done wrong mate?

25/1/2022 3:00 PM  #12

Don't think he's done a lot wrong, but he wouldn't be in my starting eleven if Gibson is fit enough to start. It's a game of opinions, but for me Troke's a better centre forward than Campbell.

25/1/2022 3:46 PM  #13

Eighteen months ago (August 2020) Montel Gibson signed a 3 year contract at Grimsby Town, then a League 2 club. Crass I know, but it just makes you wonder what money they were paying him, and what money we’re paying him to entice him back on an 18 month contract. I think our owners are desperate not to blow the chance of promotion this season. I just hope their ambition is rewarded.

25/1/2022 3:52 PM  #14

This is a hard one to call here because Ghandi has to drop someone , and in my eyes all the front guys are doing a good job so tbh if was the player being dropped i would be ......how do i put this ..P-SSED OFF .  I did like Montel but like Tricky has pointed out he did tend to drift out the game at times . He wasnt a player who would chase back neither if he lost the ball , I thing i really hate in a player . Zak use to to do that a lot which got me fuming but he has got better . Ramaye in my eyes is great at chasing defenders down which you certainly need in the game it can stop the build up of their attacks . When we played Halesowen away and down to ten men he was brilliant , he ran his nuts off .
   Only thing that worries me is that Montel has had quite a few clubs , so is he just following the money , there i have said . I will most likely get moaned at for saying that but ............just saying like 
Oh the point of Brodie ....... what utter utter Tw*T he was . An absolute con man , and sooooooooo up himself . After that famous game i went to ask how was but before i could get my words out he gave the full story of his injury and his life story ..... If i can remember right when he finally finished i think it was Alex who went to ask the same question and i thought .....DON`T ASK , but to late Brodie was off again. Yes what a TW*T

25/1/2022 3:54 PM  #15

Four excellent strikers for three places is good news! They can rotate them or use one of them as am impact sub. We will pick up injuries and maybe suffers from loos of form. Knowing your place is not guaranteed due to competition is good at getting players focused. Its done Man City and Liverpool little harm as it?
Beats signing Richard Brodie to get us promoted!

25/1/2022 3:55 PM  #16

kevilsonlad wrote:

This is a hard one to call here because Ghandi has to drop someone , and in my eyes all the front guys are doing a good job so tbh if was the player being dropped i would be ......how do i put this ..P-SSED OFF .  I did like Montel but like Tricky has pointed out he did tend to drift out the game at times . He wasnt a player who would chase back neither if he lost the ball , I thing i really hate in a player . Zak use to to do that a lot which got me fuming but he has got better . Ramaye in my eyes is great at chasing defenders down which you certainly need in the game it can stop the build up of their attacks . When we played Halesowen away and down to ten men he was brilliant , he ran his nuts off .
   Only thing that worries me is that Montel has had quite a few clubs , so is he just following the money , there i have said . I will most likely get moaned at for saying that but ............just saying like 
Oh the point of Brodie ....... what utter utter Tw*T he was . An absolute con man , and sooooooooo up himself . After that famous game i went to ask how was but before i could get my words out he gave the full story of his injury and his life story ..... If i can remember right when he finally finished i think it was Alex who went to ask the same question and i thought .....DON`T ASK , but to late Brodie was off again. Yes what a TW*T

SNAP re Brodie see next post!

25/1/2022 5:19 PM  #17

What are you worrrying about?  Montel will have been carefully watched several times before being offered a contract. 
I thought he was really good when he was with us before and he will be much better now. How else would he have got the move to Grimsby. He will be fitter, stronger and wiser. He's a proven goalscorer and an excellent header of the ball.
Dave only brings in players who he thinks will improve the team.
Troke, Campbell or Goodson may be at risk of losing their place in the team but there has to be competition for places.
It's up to them to perform, something they have done so far having successfully seen off Paddy Webb and kept out Nathan Caine. 
Goodson, Troke, Campbell and Gibson have different strengths which will give Martin Carruthers useful options.

I'm expecting Montel to be on the bench against Halesowen, so the starting front three will be; Goodson, Campbell and Troke
A fresh Montel Gibson will come on in the second half and score the winner.

Last edited by Matchman (25/1/2022 5:36 PM)

25/1/2022 6:59 PM  #18

Comes on scores the winner?   That will do for me then . 👍

25/1/2022 8:19 PM  #19

Come on guys we need a new for Montel.

25/1/2022 8:22 PM  #20

Go on then I'll start it off.

Montel, Montel
Montel scores and we want some more not one, not two, not three but four Montel scores and we want some more.

Board footera