WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/1/2022 10:10 PM  #1

Top 7

Been looking at the results of teams in the top 7 so far this season and the results are very interesting.

We have all have been talking about the big match on Saturday but we need to wait a minute because this is a 3 horse race maybe 4/5.

After looking at the results so far this season.
Chasetown have 19pts from 8 games. A very good return and dark horses.
Next up is ourselves. Apart from the point against Stamford which we were very lucky to get, we have shot ourselves in the foot in the other games where we have dropped points.
3rd is Stamford after a poor start to the season they have pick up but I will say it again like I did at start of the season if Rob Morgan does play (best player in the league by a mile) Stamford don't turn up.
Now this surprised me a little halesowen in 4th. For a team we have gone head to head with all season and only taking 11pts off the top 7 teams is a little bit worrying. They still have 4 away games against the top 7 teams they need to keep their form going but let's not underestimate them because they are a good side.
Then it goes coleshill, Carlton and belper with just 3pts.
At this point bedworth are flying and they are second to halesowen in the form guide, I would say they have left it late for the title but the playoffs are on the cards if they keep playing like they are.
Still 14 league games to go and it's all to play for.

Hope to see you all Saturday

UTR

27/1/2022 12:45 AM  #2

Re: Top 7

I see this game against Halesowen as yes massive but I would never say it could be a title winner . We have some massive games coming up and they are all after us . Obviously Chasetown will have a massive in this top three positions. All talk is about us , Halesowen and even Stamford where Chasetown have quietly gone doing what they need to do.
Plus the other teams are still fighting for the play off places and we still have to play some of them.
It's going to be a very nervous end to the season. ... Will it go to wire at Wisbech ??????? Mmmmm i hope it doesn't buy know doubt it will .

28/1/2022 10:55 AM  #3

Re: Top 7

It's true that all the attention has been on Ilkeston and Halesowen while Chasetown have quietly kept up with them. They will be hoping that IIkeston v Halesowen is a draw with both teams dropping two points. 
If Ilkeston and Halesowen do draw, then If Chasetown beat Corby they will be only one point behind. 
Also this Saturday, Bedworth have a chance to show their worthiness to be in contention for the playoffs when they host Belper who are currently in the final playoff position.

Last edited by Matchman (28/1/2022 10:56 AM)

Board footera