WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/2/2022 9:37 PM  #31

Re: Tue 8 February '22 Ilkeston Town v Loughborough Dynamo - KO 7 45pm

Burrows replaced by No 12.    Tremendous save By Durrant after determined play by Bastos. Looked a certain equaliser. Now Dynamo corner.   Its cleared       2-1       90mins

08/2/2022 9:41 PM  #32

Dynamo corner is held by Durrant. Must be nearly time.        2-1       4 mins added time played

That's it  :  Result    ILKESTON TOWN   2  LOUGHBOROUGH DYNAMO  1

08/2/2022 11:21 PM  #33

Tuesday 8th February 2022 
FULL TIME

Northern Premier League Midland Division 
Bedworth United 0 Daventry Town 0
Carlton Town 2 Sporting Khalsa 2
Chasetown 1 Shepshed Dynamo 0
Ilkeston Town 2 Loughborough Dynamo 1
Spalding United 2 Wisbech Town 0
Stamford 1 Histon 0
Sutton Coldfield 0 Belper Town 2
Yaxley 4 Soham Town Rangers 4

Football League
Derby County 3 Hull City 1
Manfield Town 2 Colchester United 1 

National League
Notts County 6 Barnet 1
Stockport County 2 Chesterfield 2

National League North
Alfreton Town 0 Kettering Town 0 

Northern Premier League Premier Division
Buxton 1 Basford United 0
Matlock Town 0 Grantham Town 0

09/2/2022 7:11 AM  #34

Really good game. Could have gone either way with both sides probably creating 7 or 8 good opportunities

If anything, we produced our best stuff when down to 10 men. Gibson looked really sharp when he came on and will be pushing to start at Histon

MOM wise I liked Wakefield who once more showed his versatility from the left but there were a number of good displays- Chappy again did well

Defensively, we know our Achilles heel is that we struggle against pace. Most sides do. But through the middle last night we weren’t great with Bastos causing us all sorts of problems. Quite why he didn’t start only they know - but he posed a massive threat

We stuck to our guns in trying to play out from the back which worked overall in drawing Loughborough forward to create space

A one match ban for Fenton who will be missed and we will miss his leadership too but hopefully Bennett is close to fitness

Overall a satisfactory nights work

09/2/2022 9:46 AM  #35

Tue 8th February 2022   Northern Premier League
Ilkeston Town  2  Loughborough Dynamo  1
When skipper Kieran Fenton was sent off seventeen minutes from time, Ilkeston’s promotion push looked like stuttering but they were rescued by an absolute screamer by Adam Chapman. Halesowen’s win the night before made it essential that the Robins also won but Loughborough proved to be tough opponents.
Dynamo shocked Ilkeston by going ahead after only four minutes through Alex Steadman. The visitors could have gone two up when Dan Collins got the better of Stern Irvine but put his shot wide. A minute later though, Ilkeston were level when Remaye Campbell guided a header past Ruben Rabstein after Charlie Wakefield had created the opportunity. Ross Durrant had to push a Dynamo effort round the post but Rabstein also had to make saves from Campbell then Alex Troke. On the half hour Joe Maguire’s mistake saw Kyle Jardine get past Durrant. Maguire was to atone for his error though with a brilliant  goal line clearance. Five minutes from half time Fenton’s header found the net but was ruled out for offside. Early in the second half Rabstein spilled a Zak Goodson effort but recovered to grab the loose ball. Probably Ilkeston’s best move involving, Wakefield, Campbell and Aman Verma ended with Wakefield's shot fizzing past the post. On 67 minutes Durrant saved brilliantly from Kevin Da Silva Bastos who was causing Ilkeston’s defence major problems and Fenton’s red card was for a last ditch foul on the former Ilkeston player. Although a man short It was Ilkeston who pressed for the winner. On 79 minutes Montel Gibson’s fine effort from 25 yards was brilliantly parried by Rabstein. A minute later there were huge shouts for a penalty when the ball hit the hand of a Loughborough player inside the area. Rabstein was stopping everything until Chapman’s bullet of a shot into the bottom corner put Ilkeston ahead. In the final moments Dynamo could have equalised but Bastos was denied by Durrant.

09/2/2022 10:09 AM  #36

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a goal celebration like the one after Adam Chapman’s late winner. It was such a relief for the players and fans.  

Last edited by Matchman (09/2/2022 10:10 AM)

09/2/2022 11:38 AM  #37

Chappy is a top top player. Mad as a box of frogs. But absolute quality at this level

It’ll be interesting how we set up defensively at Histon. Personally I don’t like the 3 at the back. We looked much better with 4 last night even though we were down to 10 men IMO

Likely to be Maggie & Stern or add Verms is we play a 3. Lots of options. Gibson looked sharp last night and must be pushing to start. And if Billy makes it that’s good news too

09/2/2022 2:07 PM  #38

Yes! An important win last night as we again were probably not at our best and still won three points! Adam Chapman is a class act and makes things look much easier than they are. We did seem to be frightened of Kevin Bastos everytime he got the ball and to be fair he is a bag of tricks. Its a pity he is not till with us as he can turn a game with a moment of trickery. Apparently he has earned Loughborough lots of goals through defenders panicking and fouling him in the area. He was supposed to be injured last night hence his start on the bench but he's a great pinch hitter!
At the back we are vulnerable to pace but most teams are too busy keeping our forwards and midfield out to really pressurise our back four or five. Kieran Fenton was close to my Man of the Match until he got sent off which could have cost us dearly. Stern Irvine did well as did Charlie Wakefield and Jared Bird but yet again Adam Chapman was my Man of th Match!

09/2/2022 3:25 PM  #39

Boy, what a struggle that was. Just couldn’t get any fluency. One of those off-nights that you get at various points in a season. The encouraging thing was how we battled and kept going and found a way to win. We seem to be getting quite good at that.

Two Montel efforts – a terrific long-range shot that the keeper tipped over, and a close range effort that looked easier to score than miss, but I thought we really struggled to create clear-cut chances last night.

We really need a big, strong, pacy centre-half; not easy to find I appreciate. Maguire wasn’t happy about something when he went off, gesticulating with his arms. Just disgruntled at being subbed or something else?

Having a little break might do Fenton some good, so he comes back a little fresher for the run-in. Anybody know when Billy’s due back? I don’t care who we’re playing, I don’t like 3 at the back.

We’re a strange team when you think about it. We’re not a big team, we’ve got no pace at the back, no real pace up front (Zak maybe), nobody who can go past a man, and yet it all seems to come together into a very effective unit.

Histon won their first home game of the season last time out against Carlton, so another difficult game on Saturday. But with no game for Chasetown, we could go 3 clear of Halesowen and 4 clear of Chasetown.

Last edited by Trowell Nicky (09/2/2022 3:26 PM)

09/2/2022 4:31 PM  #40

Dont know about anybody else but i thought we looked really slow at the back  hence the bookings and sending off ..... When Fents got sent off though we seemed to come alive more as i attacks looked really good with quite a few good chances . Never seen Chappo run so bloody fast after his great goal....

09/2/2022 4:44 PM  #41

Well im going to put a cat among the pigeons then. Chapman is a class player but last night (take the goal away) i think it was his worst game in a ilson shirt. In the 1st half his passing was very bad but has the game went on it got better or has he set a bench mark that high his performances need to be a 8.5 every game.
Back to the game CW was fantastic again last night but hes no left back / wing back.
With Billy out of the team i think we have lost our shape a little over the last couple of games. I would love to know what OBH has done wrong.
Loughboro, yes a good side, one of the better midtable sides in this league.
I must also add i love a midweek game and for some reason we make more noise behind the goal.

09/2/2022 7:34 PM  #42

Mark Duffy’s Match Report:

REPORT: Ilkeston Town 2-1 Loughborough Dynamo
Robins come from behind to stay top
Winning matches whilst not performing at your best is often cited as being a key asset for any title-chasing team. And that was certainly the case for Ilkeston on Tuesday night as they huffed and puffed to victory over a resilient Loughborough Dynamo who succeeded in frustrating the Robins for much of the game whilst remaining a constant threat on the break.
That latter factor led to an early Dynamo goal, some good chances missed and a red card for Ilkeston skipper Kieran Fenton late on, Ilkeston having to eventually dig deep to win the game thanks to Adam Chapman’s fine finish five minutes from time. When all is said and done at the end of the season and wherever Ilkeston end up in the standings, it is only the three points that will matter, but they’ll be acutely aware that similar struggles against stronger sides they’re yet to face could end up with far fewer rewards.
The way this game started said a lot about how it would continue – Ilkeston beginning on the front foot with Chapman firing the first effort of note straight at keeper Ruben Rabstein four minutes in, but it then being Dynamo who would end up taking an early lead seconds later. Kyle Jardine found Alex Steadman in the penalty area and, still with work to do, he held off a challenge and finished low into the corner of the net.
It was nearly two moments later as Jardine was then found by a hopeful ball over the top but could only find the side netting from a slight angle when he should have at least hit the target. They’d pay for that straight away as Ilkeston levelled on eight minutes, Alex Troke curling in a fine cross from the left and Remaye Campbell getting up to head home from six yards out.
Jardine then forced Durrant to save a 25-yard half volley which was heading for the top corner, while Campbell warmed Rabstein’s hands at the other end with a low drive on 22 minutes, Troke then doing similar.Joe Maguire then turned from villain to hero in a matter of seconds as he gave the ball away carelessly to Roger Lee and he fed Jardine who rounded Durrant but Maguire got back to block the goalbound shot and Ilkeston cleared.
Fenton then had a goal chalked off for offside having headed home Chapman’s free-kick, one of several set pieces the Robins had in the final third during the first-half without ultimate reward. Zak Goodson had been largely quiet but saw a shot deflected just wide on the stroke of half-time, which arrived with Ilkeston having dominated possession but arguably fortunate not to be behind given the chances Dynamo missed.
Goodson drove straight at Rabstein again early in the second-half as the Robins began strongly once more, then it took until 65 minutes for another good opening when Charlie Wakefield fired wide after a good one-two with recent sub Aman Verma.
At the other end, Durrant pushed away an effort by Dynamo sub Kevin Da Silva Bastos, then Wakefield again went close but was denied by Rabstein’s parry. Ilkeston were then dealt a blow when Fenton was sent off for a second bookable offence after hauling down Bastos just outside the penalty area, Curtis Burrows’ resultant free-kick well saved by Durrant but the Robins’ task of winning the game made that bit harder.
Robins sub Montel Gibson then mis-hit wide from close range after Chapman had headed a corner back into the six-yard box, the new arrival then nearly making amends with a turn and strike from distance which Rabstein pushed over the top. Goodson shot straight at Rabstein who was being kept busy in the closing stages, but he could do little about the goal that came with five minutes to go.
It wasn’t the combination you’d have expected might produce such a moment, as centre-half Stern Irvine, having initially taken a throw-in and had the ball delivered back to him, dug out a cross from the right hand corner and it somehow found its way to Chapman – the ball slightly behind him – who turned and shot low into the corner of the net to spark wild celebrations.
Durrant had to be alert to save from Steadman as the game entered its 90th minute, but in the end the Robins held firm to claim another crucial three points and now face two away trips – to Histon and Spalding United – where they’ll aim to further cement top spot.
Ilkeston: Durrant, Williams, Irvine, Chapman, Maguire (Verma 64), Fenton, Goodson, Bird, Campbell, Troke (Gibson 64), WakefieldNot used: Caine, Brown-Hill, Carvell
Loughborough: Rabstein, McNicholas, Young, Norris, Sibson, Lee, Steadman, Kamdem, Jardine (Bastos 46), Burrows (Tague 88), Collins (Akbas 46)Not used: Alexander, Matthews.
Att: 568  

Last edited by Matchman (09/2/2022 7:35 PM)

10/2/2022 2:53 PM  #43

We miss Billy’s drive & leadership IMO. He’s a winner and that trait rubs off

Hopefully he’ll be fit soon. We have real competition for places at the moment though which is great

Not a vintage performance. But found a way to get the job done. Credit to Loughborough though. They gave it a right good go and might have won on another day

33 points to play for. We won’t get all of them but I reckon 27 will see us promoted with 91 points which will be worth 92 with our goal difference

Chasetown’s maximum is 93, Halesowen 94 & Stamford 89

10/2/2022 5:22 PM  #44

Dick Durrant wrote:

We miss Billy’s drive & leadership IMO. He’s a winner and that trait rubs off

Hopefully he’ll be fit soon. We have real competition for places at the moment though which is great

Not a vintage performance. But found a way to get the job done. Credit to Loughborough though. They gave it a right good go and might have won on another day

33 points to play for. We won’t get all of them but I reckon 27 will see us promoted with 91 points which will be worth 92 with our goal difference

Chasetown’s maximum is 93, Halesowen 94 & Stamford 89

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree about Billy Bennett. He’s our driving force. Gives 100%, shirks nothing and is always wanting the ball. 

With 11 matches left, it’s looking like a three horse race between Ilkeston, Halesowen and Chasetown.

After the Histon game which won’t be easy Ilkeston have a run of four difficult matches.
Sat 19 Feb   A    Spalding United
Sat 26 Feb   H   Carlton Town
Sat 12 Mar   A   Chasetown
Sat 19 Mar   H   Coleshill Town 

Ilkeston’s away match at Chasetown on 12 March is obviously vital. We can’t afford to lose that game and in my opinion we need to take 10 points from the above four matches.  
During this period Halesowen and Chasetown play against each other meaning one or both of them will drop points. 

On 19 Feb when Ilkeston play at Spalding, Halesowen visit Carlton and Chasetown host Stamford so all three rivals could drop points

In my opinion if we’re still top after the 19 March games we have a real chance of finishing as Champions.   

Last edited by Matchman (10/2/2022 5:24 PM)

10/2/2022 7:42 PM  #45

I think we have Billy , he`s a massive driving force as he is always shouting out orders and praise . Think we have been missing him of late . What a great servant to the club. 

10/2/2022 8:47 PM  #46

We haven't seen the best of Montel yet as it takes a few games to blend in with the other players. Once he settles in, I  think we will see even more goals. There's eleven matches to play and I expect Montel to be a regular scorer. 
I don't know about the other promotion contenders but we seem to have all positions covered within our squad in case of injuries or suspensions except for goal keeper. 

The win against Loughborough was really important as Halesowen and Chasetown, like us, are intent on securing the automatic promotion spot.  One thing for sure is the winner of the playoffs could be any one of the teams finishing between 2nd and 5th. The team finishing 2nd may have ten points more than the team finishing 5th but that will count for nothing. It's quite possible that the final positions could remain undecided until the final week of the season when we play at Wisbech. 

Last edited by Matchman (10/2/2022 8:52 PM)

11/2/2022 10:32 AM  #47

Dick Durrant wrote:

33 points to play for. We won’t get all of them but I reckon 27 will see us promoted with 91 points which will be worth 92 with our goal difference Chasetown’s maximum is 93, Halesowen 94 & Stamford 89

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||   

As things stand then, we have to score 30 points from our 11 matches left to be sure of automatic promotion. ( so we can afford to lose or draw just one game)  

Another 18 points will ensure a playoff place. 

We need Halesowen and Chasetown to drop a few points but apart from when they play against each other, they’re both capable of picking up maximum points.
Halesowen still have to play Carlton away, Chasetown home and Belper away.
Chasetown still have to play Stamford home, Ilkeston home, Halesowen away and Carlton away.  

Last edited by Matchman (11/2/2022 10:34 AM)

11/2/2022 5:30 PM  #48

ILKESTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB STATS 2021-22

Northern Premier League Midland Division

7:45pm Tuesday 8th February 2022 

Ilkeston Town (1) 2
Campbell 8’
Chapman 85’

Loughborough Dynamo (1) 1
Steadman 4’

Att 568

Ilkeston Town – Durrant, Williams, Irvine, Chapman, Maguire (Verma 62’), Fenton, Goodson, Bird, Campbell, Troke (Gibson 63’) and Wakefield. 
Subs not used Caine, Brown-Hill and Carvell. 

Loughborough Dynamo – Rabstein, McNicholas, Young, Norris, Sibson, Lee, Steadman, Kamsden, Jardine (Akbas 45’), Burrows (Tague 88’), and Collins (Bastos 45’).
Subs not used Akexander and Matthews.

Notes Loughborough Dynamo included Ex Robins Curtis Burrows and Kevin Bastos.  Alex Steadman’s goals was the quickest Ilkeston have conceded this season.

P 27 W 21 D 3 L 3 F 79 A 30  Pts 64    Pos 1st

Next Game
3:00pm Saturday 12th February 2022
Histon away Northern Premier League Midland Division

Player Stats 20-21  --  Career 
Durrant  30 apps 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals  -- 75 apps 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals 
Bennett 22 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 4 goals  -- 103 apps 7 subs 12 unused sub 8 goals 
Spence 3 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals  -- 3 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals 
Wakefield 29 apps 2 sub 0 unused sub 8 goals  -- 29 apps 2 sub 0 unused sub 8 goals 
Maguire 25 apps 0 sub 3 unused sub 1 goal  -- 43 apps 1 sub 3 unused sub 3 goals 
Fenton 28 apps 0 sub 1 unused sub 5 goals  -- 60 apps 0 sub1 unused sub 5 goals 
Marzano 4 apps 0 sub 1 unused sub 0 goals  -- 12 apps 0 sub 3 unused sub 0 goals 
Goodson 27 apps 4 sub 0 unused sub 20 goals  -- 39 apps 5 sub 0 unused sub 29 goals 
Campbell 24 apps 4 sub 0 unused sub 14 goals  -- 24 apps 4 sub 0 unused sub 14 goals
Troke 26 apps 0 sub 2 unused sub 13 goals -- 39 apps 0 sub 2 unused sub 25 goals
Tait 12 apps 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals  --18 apps 1 sub 2 unused sub 0 goals
Carvell 6 apps 16 sub 9 unused sub 0 goals  -- 6 apps 16 sub 9 unused sub 0 goals 
Verma 8 apps 7 sub 0 unused sub 1 goal  -- 8 apps 7 sub 0 unused sub 1 goal 
Rogers 2 apps 3 sub 6 unused sub 0 goals  -- 2 apps 3 sub 6 unused sub 0 goals 
Stainsby 0 apps 0 sub 8 unused sub 0 goals  -- 4 apps 0 sub 44 unused sub 0 goals
Irvine 11 apps 4 sub 12 unused sub 0 goals  -- 11 apps 4 sub 12 unused sub 0 goals
Frances 3 apps 1 sub 3 unused sub 0 goals  -- 3 apps 1 sub 4 unused sub 0 goals
Reid 12 apps 5 sub 4 unused sub 0 goals  -- 24 apps 5 sub 3 unused sub 1 goal
Brown-Hill 12 apps 9 sub 8 unused sub 2 goals  -- 25 apps 9 sub 8 unused sub 3 goals
Webb 4 apps 11 sub 2 unused sub 4 goals  -- 4 apps 11 sub 2 unused sub 4 goals
Watson 0 apps 0 sub 4 unused sub 0 goals -- 0 apps 0 sub 6 unused sub 0 goals
Tomlin 3 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals – 3 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals 
Williams 16 apps 0 sub 1 unused sub 1 goal – 16 apps 0 sub 1 unused sub 1 goal
Foster 1 app 1 sub 5 unused sub 0 goals – 1 app 1 sub 5 unused sub 0 goals
Chapman 13 apps 3 sub 0 unused sub 4 goals -- 13 apps 3 sub 0 unused sub 4 goals
Bird 13 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 1 goal --13 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 1 goal 
Caine 0 app 2 sub 3 unused sub 0 goals -- 0 apps 2 sub 3 unused sub 0 goals 
Gibson 1 app 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals -- 29 apps 4 sub 0 unused sub 15 goals 

Top Five 
Scorers 20-21
Goodson 20
Campbell 14
Troke 13
Wakefield 8
Fenton 5

Scorers Career
Goodson 29