WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/3/2022 8:54 AM  #1

Ilkeston Town v Coleshill Town - Sat 19th Mar'22 - inc New Signings

Following our disappointing result and performance at Chasetown we now need maximum points against Coleshill Town.  
Coleshill also need to win to keep alive their playoff hopes.

Coleshill have spent most of the season in the playoff positions and have never been lower than 7th.
They only recently slipped out of the playoff positions after a poor run of form starting 27th December when they lost four and drew one.
Since then they have had 4 wins and 2 defeats, the defeats being against Halesowen and Belper.

Kai Tonge is their top scorer with 21 goals and he is currently on a hot streak scoring six times in their last three matches

Coleshill's away record is P15, W10, D1, L4,  GF32,  GA14,   Points 31.

Last edited by Matchman (18/3/2022 4:18 PM)

15/3/2022 3:02 PM  #2

Re: Ilkeston Town v Coleshill Town - Sat 19th Mar'22 - inc New Signings

This coming Saturday there's more crucial fixtures affecting promotion with four of the top six playing against each other. ilkeston host Coleshill and Halesowen host Chasetown.
I think the best outcome for us in the Halesowen v Chasetown match is a draw with both teams dropping two points.  Next best outcome is a Chasetown win as they have the most difficult remaining fixtures. Worst outcome for me, is a Halesowen win as they have what looks like the easiest run in.

The outcome of that match is outside of our control but what we have to do is return to form and beat Coleshill. Without Chapman in the team we've struggled.

16/3/2022 9:50 AM  #3

Hope we get big attendances for our remaining four vital home matches.This Saturday is the toughest of the four and we really need to bounce back from our defeat last Saturday.  
Really hoping that some of the extra supporters that travelled to Chasetown enjoyed the experience and stay with us.Coleshill's home gates are only around the 100 mark. So we’re not expecting much away support.  

This looks like being a really tough match. Coleshill have a far better away record than at home. Their 54 points to date are made up of 31 away points and 23 points from home games.  They also have the joint best defensive record conceding only 14 goals in their 15 away matches.

Ilkeston currently have the best home record in the league 
P15, W11, D2, L2 , GF 51, GA 17, Points 35      That’s  an average 3.4 goals per game.

Last edited by Matchman (16/3/2022 10:01 AM)

16/3/2022 9:28 PM  #4

I just hope we had a strong ref.
At there place they kick lumps out of us. Also if you can remember one of there players pushing CW into the barrier. I dont know how he got up.

16/3/2022 10:02 PM  #5

Well after that out burst from Ghandi about the preformance at Chasetown hopefully it will sink in .

17/3/2022 8:29 AM  #6

Coleshill manager Cameron Stuart talking about their last match and playoff prospects

https://twitter.com/coleshilltownfc/status/1502736654246817794

17/3/2022 5:08 PM  #7

Before the season started Coleshill were not considered to be playoff challengers but they have had a successful season.
They could be compared to Carlton Town in as much as they are similarly placed the league table and have similar poor support. Four of their home matches were attended by less than 100 spectators.
Sam Moore is their second highest goalscorer behind Kai Tonge but he is now playing for Corby.
Goalkeeper Paul Hathaway has been ever present and has played in all of Coleshill’s 36 matches.
Ilkeston won the match at Coleshill by 3-2 in a rather physical encounter.  

18/3/2022 10:09 AM  #8

'  

Possible signings before the Coleshill match.:

David Hilton@DavidHilton77
We are in negotiations with two players and their clubs. Both players currently play at a higher level and were targets for next season dependant on promotion
We have decided to make the move early and are confident in securing them for this season and the next later today 😉
9:42 am · 18 Mar 2022

Last edited by Matchman (18/3/2022 10:10 AM)

18/3/2022 10:16 AM  #9

interesting .....about the two possible players .
Well my weekend has just been ruined as i am  possitive for Covid . Wont be at the game Sat grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by kevilsonlad (18/3/2022 10:19 AM)

18/3/2022 10:26 AM  #10

Dave is determined to get us over the line. One of the players we know. The other has captained his two previous clubs.

18/3/2022 10:40 AM  #11

Matchman wrote:

Dave is determined to get us over the line. One of the players we know. The other has captained his two previous clubs.

Youre bloody teasing us now ...

18/3/2022 11:43 AM  #12

Well I will start the guessing game! I’ll go for Elliott Reeves and Luke Shiels from Boston United just because he has the same name as me😃

18/3/2022 12:40 PM  #13

Lindon mekile and nathan tyson.

18/3/2022 1:49 PM  #14

Alex wrote:

Lindon mekile and nathan tyson.

Didnt Tyson go back to chesterfield because of an injury , thats reason i wouldnt  want him tbh. but i have been proven wrong on many occasions ....

Last edited by kevilsonlad (18/3/2022 3:50 PM)

18/3/2022 3:08 PM  #15

Kenny Burns and Mark Harbottle?

18/3/2022 3:57 PM  #16

Ilkeston Town FC  @ilkestontown_fc
 Former Alfreton Town captain Daniel Bradley joins the Robins We are delighted to announce that midfielder Daniel Bradley has signed for the remainder of the 2021/22 season, and for the 2022/23 season from @tamworthfc  Welcome to the NMG Dan   #OneTownOneClub  

3:18 pm · 18 Mar 2022

FROM TAMWORTH WEBSITE:

DAN BRADLEY JOINS ILKESTON TOWN
Fri 18 Mar 2022 - 3:00PM

Dan Bradley has left the Lambs by mutual consent. He has found his opportunities limited since joining from Nuneaton Borough in January, and he has also suffered from injuries.He formerly played for the Lambs in the Conference as a youngster following his departure from Aston Villa. He made just 2 appearances in his current spell bringing his Lambs career to 67 appearances scoring 5 goals.All the best Dan!

Last edited by Matchman (19/3/2022 9:14 AM)

18/3/2022 4:06 PM  #17

Ilkeston Town FC  @ilkestontown_fc
Former Robin and fans favourite returns to the New Manor Ground. We are delighted to announce that Jack Thomas has signed for the remainder of the 2021/22 season, and for the 2022/23 season from @tamworthfc.  Welcome back to the NMG Jack   #OneTownOneClub  

FROM TAMWORTH FC WEBSITE :

JACK THOMAS DEPARTS THE LAMB

Fri 18 Mar 2022 - 3:30PM

Jack Thomas has reluctantly left the Lambs to join Ilkeston Town due to personal circumstances. He leaves with the best wishes of the club and we thank him for his service. Speaking to Lambs Media, Andy Peaks expressed his disappointment; “I am really disappointed that Jack is leaving, but I totally understand his reasons. “He has just changed his job and the travel to Tamworth was going to be difficult for him. “His new club is just ten minutes from his home and it will mean he will also be able to spend a lot more time with his family. "Jack has been great for me since I came here and he was certainly in my plans for next season. “He goes with my best wishes and I wish him every success for the future”
Jack signed for the Lambs in the Summer of 2021, after an initial loan spell from Mansfield Town in February 2018. He has made 37 appearances for the club, scoring 2 goals, including a spectacular effort away at Bromsgrove Sporting.  All the best Jack!

Last edited by Matchman (19/3/2022 3:40 AM)

18/3/2022 4:21 PM  #18

Two great signings but Bradley is a bit injury prone ?  Like i said though two great signings ..

18/3/2022 8:06 PM  #19

Bradley is a proper beast. And we all know JT

18/3/2022 8:09 PM  #20

Dan Bradley  is 30 years old and has played at Step 2 with Alfreton. We know what a good player Jack Thomas is. Both play in midfield and like to push forward. The acquisition of these two players gives Martin Carruthers plenty of choice when choosing the side to take on Coleshill.
Will they go straight into the team or will they start on the bench? One thing for sure is that two of the previous squad members are going to miss out.
In the Chasetown match the midfield trio was Verma, Bird and Wakefield. If Dan Bradley and Jack Thomas come in then Verma and Bird may be left out. 
I thought Tommy Williams played reasonably well at Chasetown but it was pointed out to me that he was at fault for their goal. Will that mistake cost him his place?
Plenty of other regular choice players put their positions at risk with below par performances at Chasetown.
Carruthers may think that it’s time to let his players know that their place in the team is not guaranteed. I’m not expecting numerous changes but I think there will be some. 
For me just four players are definite starters Durrant, Bennett, Fenton and Wakefield.
Coleshill are a robust side so we need to match them.
Can’t wait to see Carruthers' team choice..

18/3/2022 8:44 PM  #21

7 games left. No time to muck around having top players on the bench. Bang em straight in. I’ve no doubt that will happen

The Chasetown goal was nodded in down their inside left channel. So either the full back or right c half has to pick up. But the ball wasn’t looked after properly much higher up the field in the first phase. All ifs buts & maybes

Ghandi bang on in his interview today. No place for quiet players now. It’s full on. Proper blokes needed. That’s why Bradley & Thomas will start

18/3/2022 11:35 PM  #22

The question is where is chapman?

We have missed him so much.

My view he has left the club wasnt at Chasetown supporting the lads.

19/3/2022 4:56 AM  #23

He’s injured

19/3/2022 8:02 AM  #24

Alex wrote:

The question is where is chapman?

We have missed him so much.

My view he has left the club wasnt at Chasetown supporting the lads.

Out for the rest of the season ?

19/3/2022 8:39 AM  #25

Here we go again. Another big test today against Coleshill who also need the points if they’re to get into the playoffs. Automatic promotion is still in our own hands but many now believe that we may have to win all of our remaining matches to do it.

We have two new players and they have to hit the ground running. We really need a convincing win to restore confidence and belief. Last weeks defeat was a blow but it’s made us strengthen the side. 

An Ilkeston win today and a draw between Halesowen and Chasetown would give us a two point lead at the top.
A defeat for either of our rivals will leave the losers 3 points adrift with only six to play. 
A Chasetown defeat will probably put automatic promotion beyond them due to their tough remaining matches.
If Halesowen lose they could recover as they have a comparatively easy run-in apart from Belper away.

If Ilkeston were to lose today we will no longer be in control of our destiny and will be relying on other results.

We need a big reaction from the players and total support throughout the game from the fans.

19/3/2022 11:17 AM  #26

Bradley and Thomas will more than compensate for Chappy’s absence. Both Step 2 players in my opinion

19/3/2022 11:50 AM  #27

But square pegs dont go into round holes.

Wakefield, Goodson, bird, verma

3 out the 4 have played fantastic this season.

That starting line up is going to be interesting.

19/3/2022 2:18 PM  #28

Ilkeston Team 
1 Saul Deeney, 2 Aman Verma, 3 Billy Bennett, 4 Stern Irvine, 5 Joe Maguire, 6 Kieran Fenton, 7 Jack Thomas, 8 Dan Bradley, 9 Remaye Campbell, 10 Montel Gibson, 11 Charlie Wakefield.
Bench    ; 12 Zak Goodson, 14 Alex Troke, 15 Charlie Jemson, 16 James Reid, 17 Ross Durrant.

Coleshill Town
1 Paul Hathaway, 2 Vidal Hendrickson, 3 Taylor Byrne (C), 4 Niall Rowe, 5 Shay Palmer, 6 Fraser Doyle 12, 7 Kai Tonge, 8 Josh Willis. 9 Gio Dainty, 10 Alex Tomkinson, 11George Washbourne.
Bench : 12 Aksum White, 14 Rhys Hilton, 15 Joe Phillips, 16 Isai Marsella.

Last edited by Matchman (19/3/2022 2:26 PM)

19/3/2022 2:45 PM  #29

The warning has gone out. No one's place in the team is guaranteed.  Only six of the starting eleven at Chasetown are in the starting line-up today. 
It's 15 minutes to kickoff

it's bright sunshine and the sprinklers are on. 

The teams are out.  Ilkeston are wearing red and white, Coleshill are wearing white shirts and blue shorts.

We're off

Last edited by Matchman (19/3/2022 3:01 PM)

19/3/2022 3:14 PM  #30

It's a fast start and Coleshill first to attack. Thomas gets a shot in but its deflected for a corner. Great effort by Tomkinson but Deeney makes light of it. Verma effort saved then Bennett fires over.           0-0     13 mins

Board footera