WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/10/2016 12:32 AM  #1

Ilkeston U21s 9 Borrowash Vics U21s 0

What a cracking game this was,  Rather than the Vics Under 21s being poor it was Ilkeston Under 21s that were very very good. It was only 2-0 at half time but Ilkeston ran riot in the second half as the visitors tired, racking up seven goals including a hat trick from the excellent Jaylon Bather. The other scorers were Kailum Towle 2, Dexter Atkinson 2,  Reid Owen (penalty) and an own goal. Ilkeston played some excellent fast pace football that the Vics just couldn't live with.
In my opinion, Ilkeston followers have much to be optimistic about. There are so many really good youngsters who are looking to break into first team contention. Several players who played tonight looked more than capable of competing in the Northern Premier League.  
With the first team having won four of their last five league games things are looking brighter and hopefully attendances at the New Manor Ground will start to improve in line with results. So far Ilkeston have only played four league matches at home (and eight away). There is an excellent team spirit within the Club and it's there to see in all of Ilkeston's teams. 

31/10/2016 9:37 PM  #2

Re: Ilkeston U21s 9 Borrowash Vics U21s 0

Results like this inevitably brings criticism on the IFCSG forum of playing matches which are won so emphatically. I would guess the criticism comes from people who have not watched the games. Borrowash were not an awful side and they contributed to the entertainment. Like us they tried to play decent football. Young players need to excel as a team against their peers in order to gain confidence.  They need to have the confidence to play in the way that the coaches want them to before being exposed to "men's football".
They should then be introduced gradually to the more physical side of the game. If introduced to mens football too soon it could set back a young player's development.That's just my opinion.

Board footera