WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/5/2022 12:29 AM  #1

Carlton Departures

Opoku Leaves Carlton Town

By James Gordon

Striker Aaron Opoku has confirmed his departure from Carlton Town. Opoku, 26, scored 14 goals in 34 appearances for Carlton this season, and they finished just outside the play-off places in the NPL Midlands Division. He tweeted: “Sad day but want to say a massive thank you to everyone at Carlton Town. “Had some great memories over my time at the club and met FFL. Carlton fans and mini millers you hold a special place in my heart, thanks for everything.“But now I am looking forward to what the future holds.”

Manager Tommy Brookbanks added: "In the three years since me and Mark took over Azza has been superb for us both on and off the pitch. "On his day absolutely unplayable and a really top guy as well. We will certainly miss him but fully understand his reasoning for leaving and we wish him nothing.but success at wherever he ends up and as I said to him yesterday he is always welcome back to Carlton at anytime."

Last edited by Matchman (12/5/2022 8:24 PM)

12/5/2022 1:31 PM  #2

Re: Carlton Departures

Apparently he wants a club nearer his Manchester home to cut down on travelling. That'a shame as he would have been a good fit for us!

12/5/2022 1:32 PM  #3

PS I google stalked him and got really excited before I realised there is a player in the Budesliga with exactly the same name.

12/5/2022 8:14 PM  #4

Tyler Johal leaves too

Carlton Town FC  @CTFC1904 
PLAYER DEPARTURE
The club can confirm that versatile @TylerJohal1 has decided due to work commitments he will not be resigning next season. Tyler has been an exemplary member of the squad for the last 3 years and will be missed
Thank you for your service Tyler

Last edited by Matchman (12/5/2022 8:15 PM)

25/5/2022 1:55 PM  #5

Matlock Town have signed striker Aaron Opoku from Carlton Town

Opoku, 26, scored 14 goals in 38 appearances for the Millers last season, and recently confirmed his decision to move on after four years.
Gladiators boss Paul Phillips said: “We’ve watched him and he’s big, strong, quick and powerful with bags of goals in him. “He’s been a good servant to Carlton in the league below but he’s moving to Manchester and it’s too good an opportunity to miss for we need to add goals to our squad. Darryl Thomas speaks very highly of him and very highly of Matlock. We’re delighted to bring him to the club.”

​ 

25/5/2022 3:35 PM  #6

It wouldnt surprise me if Carlton have a hard season next year with them playing in the eastern league

28/5/2022 4:10 PM  #7

It’s not looking good for Carlton and now club captain Maddo has left because of the travelling

Last edited by Matchman (28/5/2022 4:11 PM)

Board footera