WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/5/2022 1:20 PM  #1

Ross Durrant

Ross Durrant has joined Belper Town and will playing the Northern Premier League Premier Division. All at the WhiteBall wish him the best! 

28/5/2022 4:14 PM  #2

Re: Ross Durrant

Excellent keeper and a really nice person.
All the best, Ross

29/5/2022 8:25 AM  #3

Ross didn’t really want to leave. But wants to be number one somewhere and that wasn’t going to happen any more at Ilkeston. However he leaves with his head held high. He gave great commitment to the club over three spells. I am proud of the principled stance he took. He’s been brought up to say what he thinks and act in line with his values and he was 100% straight with everyone involved all the way

Belper feels like a good fit. A family type club that appears to be well run

So another chapter opens. There were quite a few other options but going back to Step 3 football seemed the most sensible. Particularly given the travelling in the S4 Eastern Division where a number of those options lie. If you’re going to travel it may as well be to play at the higher standard

Many thanks from Rhonda & myself for the support Ross has had down the years. Much appreciated. All the best to you all for the future

02/6/2022 4:49 PM  #4

Dick Durrant wrote:

Ross didn’t really want to leave. But wants to be number one somewhere and that wasn’t going to happen any more at Ilkeston. However he leaves with his head held high. He gave great commitment to the club over three spells. I am proud of the principled stance he took. He’s been brought up to say what he thinks and act in line with his values and he was 100% straight with everyone involved all the way

Belper feels like a good fit. A family type club that appears to be well run

So another chapter opens. There were quite a few other options but going back to Step 3 football seemed the most sensible. Particularly given the travelling in the S4 Eastern Division where a number of those options lie. If you’re going to travel it may as well be to play at the higher standard

Many thanks from Rhonda & myself for the support Ross has had down the years. Much appreciated. All the best to you all for the future

loved our chats Dick and i have great memories over the years supporting Ross . The best one ....and you know what i am going to say ...........is the cone on the head at Skelmersdale , what a day that was .lol lol lol
All the best to you , Ross and your family pal .  

02/6/2022 5:29 PM  #5

'

Ross's performances were a major factor in our achieving promotion. He was the reason we got a point in the home draw against rivals Stamford and that was one of many outstanding performances. A modest person who always had time to talk to supporters. 

Will also miss Dick's knowledgeable contributions on here

Last edited by Matchman (02/6/2022 5:33 PM)

02/6/2022 7:21 PM  #6

Skelmersdale is still spoken about in our family mate. Sheer lunacy. Ross’ 21st birthday

Outside the pro game two clubs stand out -North Ferriby and Ilkeston. Fond memories of both. You never say never in football. Genuinely hope Ross represents the club again

Shame it ended how it did. But he leaves with his head held high having been honest with all concerned all the way

All the very best to you all for the future

09/6/2022 8:22 AM  #7

Nothing against Saul Deeney, but was Saul Deeney for Ross Durrant an upgrade? Not in my opinion. And if it isn’t, why would you swap a 26 year old for a 39 year old? Not convinced by Bradley or Thomas yet, but this one really sticks in my craw. Ross should have been our keeper for the next 5 years.

09/6/2022 8:38 AM  #8

Kind words and much appreciated

Ross said to me that he genuinely thought he’d finish his career at Ilkeston. He genuinely didn’t want to leave. And none of us wanted him to either. And he didn’t want to leave before the end of the season, but he felt he wasn’t treated well and that he didn’t deserve to be dropped without explanation

So really it was a point of principle and one I admire him for because it wasn’t an easy decision

At the end of the day Ross just wants to play football and this didn’t seem likely at Ilkeston. So he quit and went on holiday rather than sitting on the bench

Great shame that’s how it ended. But you never say never in football. This manager doesn’t rate him and at the end of the day it’s his call. The next manager might look at it differently

I genuinely hope we’ve not seen Ross in an Ilkeston shirt for the last time and thank the legendary fans for their great support down the years. Different class

09/6/2022 9:09 AM  #9

Belper Town at the NMG on the 30th of July will be interesting Dick; I think Ross will get a very good reception from our fans.

09/6/2022 9:20 AM  #10

Hope so mate. Unfortunately myself and Rhonda will be away that day. But hopefully a Derbyshire Cup encounter will come out of the velvet bag

With Ross having played for Ilkeston Alfreton Matlock Mickleover & soon to be Belper there’s a fair chance of an encounter with a former club at some stage

Fair bit of cross border exposure for a Notts lad!

Take care

Board footera