WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/6/2022 8:30 AM  #1

Ex-Spurs Steve Perryman joins Mickleover

DATE: MON 27 JUN 2022   BY STEVE WHITNEY

Steve Perryman Becomes Mickleover President
Former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Steve Perryman has agreed to become the new President of Pitching In Southern League Premier Division Central newcomers Mickleover FC.

Steve Perryman 

Apart from making well over 800 appearances at Spurs, Perryman was also capped as an England under-23 and one full cap too.He also played for Oxford United before becoming player-manager at Brentford, going onto be caretaker managed at Tottenham, followed by spells with FC Start in Norway and Shimizu S Pulse and Kashiwa Reysol in Japan.  
At Tottenham, he collected two FA Cup winners’ medals, two League Cup and two UEFA Cups.
Perryman said: “I have accepted the invitation to become Club President of Mickleover FC.“I’m proud and honoured to have been asked and despite being far from my Wiltshire home, I’m extremely happy to join such a fantastic group of real and proper people with great ethics. “I’ve been involved with clubs at all levels of the English football pyramid, starting in 1967 from Yeading FC adviser up to Tottenham in various capacities, so will be able to offer them words of wisdom, albeit now in my retirement years.”
Mickleover chairman Don Amott said: “I have known Steve for a long time, and we have become great friends. What an honour for Mickleover. I’m over the moon.”

Fin Barker 

Meanwhile, Mickleover`s academy graduate, Fin Barker, is heading to Championship side Coventry City on a week’s trial. The 18-year-old striker made his first debut in the Northern Premier League Premier Division at Matlock Town last season, but was a prolific scorer for the reserve side, scoring 5 in one game and 4 in another for a season’s tally of 30.
Peter Scherer  MICKLEOVER SPORTS WEB SITE   

Board footera