WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/7/2022 1:30 PM  #1

Tamworth v Ilkeston Town : Sat 6th Aug

Tickets for Tamworth v Ilkeston Town go on sale at 6pm Friday 22 July. 

Tamworth Football Club @tamworthfc 
Tickets for our first home @SouthernLeague1 game of the season against @ilkestontown_fc go on sale at 6.00pm tomorrow. A large crowd is expected for the game and supporters should purchase in advance to avoid queues at the ticket office on the day.

https://bit.ly/3yWUh4H

2:34 pm · 21 Jul 2022

22/7/2022 6:17 PM  #2

Re: Tamworth v Ilkeston Town : Sat 6th Aug

22/7/2022 6:47 PM  #3

What they expecting a mass sell out . We are in non league football aren't we.
And their website there a is section to by  away fans tickets .... Doesn't say if it's in a certain area or not ....

22/7/2022 7:43 PM  #4

I think you can stand or sit anywhere with your ticket. Maybe they just like to have an idea how many away fans are attending for stewarding and catering purposes.

Last edited by Matchman (22/7/2022 7:44 PM)

22/7/2022 10:00 PM  #5

No, looks like they've got segregation - £12 for Away - Terrace and £14 for Away - Main Stand. Plus booking fee of course!

22/7/2022 10:38 PM  #6

Don't know about segregation but I know you have to go on a different part for the away fans to buy tickets . I appreciate that tickets have only just gone on sale but as the case is all away fans have to get their ticket online . Right Tamworth don't you realise that some of the older generation still don't do internet so have to ask someone to it !!!!!!
Plus Tamworth why didn't you inform our football club about the away tickets instead of our fans finding out themselves .. Jesus come on !!!!!!!!!
Come job Zane is on the ball he is trying to sort something out . But he shouldn't have to do this .

23/7/2022 8:54 AM  #7

All entry to the Tamworth game will be ticket only. Tickets can be bought on the day at the ticket office as long as you do not identify as an "away" fan otherwise you must buy a ticket on line. The ticketing system has either been set up to estimate the number of "away" fans planning to attend  (A good idea) or to aggregate fans. Tamworth have not said whether the game is segregated or not. They do say everyone but "away" fans can buy tickets on the day. It would be interesting to see how you are going to identify "away" fans who are queuing up with the neutrals and the home fans for tickets on the day? Some fans have complained but Tamworth have stated that many clubs in the Southern League use this system. Thats makes it fine then!!
My first response is sod it! we will not go but that gives their team a big advantage but my naughty response would be to turn up in our thousands and all queue up at the Ticket Office and claim you are not "away" fans Me Duck!

Last edited by WhiteBallProject (23/7/2022 8:59 AM)

23/7/2022 9:51 AM  #8

Why didnt they just inform our club asap as soon as they got the fixtures . This could have avoided a stupid situation of the group trying inform and help get tickets .....
Plus we dont even know if this game a segrated game or not , if it is we will be in the OPEN end ...i dont think there is any cover , not 100% sure though.......

Last edited by kevilsonlad (23/7/2022 9:53 AM)

25/7/2022 7:23 AM  #9

If there's any one else who would like to go to the Tamworth match but are unable to purchase a match ticket online 

If you catch up with me in the clocktower stand press area at Tuesday night.’s match against Boston and give me your money I'll get a ticket for you

You can collect your ticket from me at the Belper friendly on Saturday. 

Away supporters must have a ticket to get in - You cannot pay at the ground.

Ticket prices :
Away terrace (standing)      :   Adult £12.95,  Concession  £8.95
Away main stand (seated)  :   Adult £14.95,  Concession  £10 95 

Last edited by Matchman (25/7/2022 11:05 AM)

25/7/2022 1:40 PM  #10

For christ sake in order to get a bloody ticket you have to register first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUST WANT TO WATCH MY LOCAL TEAM PLAY FOOTBALL >>>>>

25/7/2022 3:21 PM  #11

I have been having a look at some of the grounds we are going to in the next few months and the way away fans can pay or purchase online match day tickets. ......I have looked at about seven clubs and few of them use the same ticketing service as Tamworth, so basically when you register you will use the same login as other clubs . i have left emails to these clubs in confirming this . will keep you posted hopefully .

Last edited by kevilsonlad (25/7/2022 5:43 PM)

28/7/2022 8:08 PM  #12

I'm hearing that Tamworth decided to segregate supporters at the Ilkeston match because they heard about the crowd trouble when Ilkeston played at Chasetown. Yes there was some trouble but it wasn't caused by our supporters. To be fair, neither was it caused by genuine Chasetown supporters. 

Unfortunately the segregation and admission by online ticket has not gone down well but let's stay dignified and show Tamworth the way we get behind our team. Let's try and out shout them in a proper way what ever the result.

28/7/2022 8:42 PM  #13

We won't get to out sing them as we will be in the open end by the looks of it .
Plus they have took ONE report but from others where we have had great reports especially from Wisbech who were so told of our so called bad behaviour.

28/7/2022 9:54 PM  #14

Being together will make us one. Kev, ilson fans dont need a stand to be heard.

To be honest mate i like it when we are segregated because it means we are all together.

We all loud and proud and this is the 1st game of yet another rollcoster ride watching the rip roaring robins.

29/7/2022 1:13 PM  #15

Tamworth finished last season really strongly. They were unbeaten in their last 14 matches  (6 wins and 8 draws)

They will want to continue this unbeaten league run.

Eyebrows were raised last season when manager Andy Peaks left promotion chasing Rushden for 4th from bottom Tamworth.  He obviously saw the potential at Tamwoth and lifted them to a respectable mid table finish. Expectations at Tamworth are understandably high for the 2022-23 season.

Last edited by Matchman (01/8/2022 6:27 AM)

31/7/2022 10:16 AM  #16

Despite having to buy tickets in advance and online with a 95p booking fee per ticket, we're still going to have a great turnout by Ilkeston fans at Tamworth. The Supporter's Bus is full and there'll be the usual numbers travelling independently. I reckon there were will be around a hundred in our segregated area of the ground.
The Ilkeston players will know we're there. The Tamworth supporters will know we're there. Let's be loud but not disrespectful to Tamworth Football Club. This is our first match in a new League and we want to enhance our reputation as the best non-league away supporters. 

Remember: Ilkeston Supporters must have ticket to get in to the game. You cannot pay on the day. 

Get your tickets here:     https://thelambs.ktckts.com/event/tam2223h01/league-vs-ilkeston-town

Let us show Tamworth FC by our conduct on the day that there was no need for segregation. 

Last edited by Matchman (31/7/2022 10:31 AM)

31/7/2022 12:36 PM  #17

In my opinion the first game of the season is vitally important. The result of the first match can define a club’s season so avoiding defeat is a must.
We have what I think is the most difficult opening game we could have been given ie Tamworth away. As such, I think a draw would be an acceptable result for us and I think Tamworth would settle for that too.
Just in case we are beaten we have a home game against Leiston the following Saturday to make amends.
Our pre-season form has not been convincing but Martin Carruthers and Wayne Hallcro are confident that we have the players to make a promotion challenge. Several of our players have taken some time to show the form they’re capable of but in the last couple of games they have been much improved and pushed themselves forward. I’m talking about Chris O’Grady, Charlie Wakefield, Jared Bird and Alex Troke. They all must now be in with a chance of starting. In fact the whole squad can stake a claim to be in the team.
Carruthers masterminded an opening day win at Stamford last season. Can he do it again? 

31/7/2022 2:30 PM  #18

TAMWORTH MANAGER ANDY PEAKS

ANDY PEAKS SPEAKS ABOUT PRE-SEASON  Fri 29 Jul 2022 - 4:50PM

Andy Peaks on

….
…..The game against Sutton Coldfield Town “Yes it was good to get the win.” The lads showed a never say die attitude and even though it was a friendly, the way they celebrated the winner said a lot to me. “We struggled to get things going in the first half. “They (Sutton Coldfield Town) kept good possession and were very good on the ball. “However, we had the better of the chances to be honest but were not critical enough. “Second half we were a lot better and I was delighted for Alex Jones to come on and score his first goal for the club and hopefully it will be the first of many. “I took a lot of positives from the game but it also highlighted some areas where we were not quite good enough too, which is what pre-season is all about.”

…..Pre-Season so far  “There have been good bits and not so good bits. ”I think pre season is always false and I think it has been particularly difficult for me as there were quite a few players I needed to look at as well as bringing in a few too. “It is a big squad at the moment but some may go out on loan. “However, if after 8 to 10 games in or so we have a really strong group then I think it will have been worth it. “I really would like to have played my strongest team by now, but we had to get the players up to speed and get minutes in, as well as having a good look at them. “In addition we have had players injured, ill and away on holidays, so it hasn't been ideal to get my strongest team out on the pitch yet.”

….. The run up to the 6th August  “My remit from the chairman when I came in was to get us safe and then to kick on this season and get promoted. “We want to be competitive and be at the top end of the table. “I think we have a clearer view of what the starting XI will be against Ilkeston, but equally there are still 2 friendlies and 2 training sessions left too, so places are still up for grabs. “We have a big couple of weeks ahead of us before the first league game. “We are looking after players who have taken some knocks (Alex Bradley, Eoin McKeown, AJ Gorger and Ben Milnes) and we will want them fit for the start of the season.”

01/8/2022 8:41 AM  #19

What's our best team to play against Tamworth?

Hope Zane doesn’t mind me lifting this from the Supporters Community Facebook page. Everyone knows Zane. He goes to every match. His opinion is valid. 

This was Zane’s chosen team : 

Deeney

Thomas 
          Turner 
          Fenton 
          OBH  

Wakefield 
          Troke
          Bird or JT 

Gibson 
          O’Grady 
          Ward  

Zane has left out O’Hanlon, Bennett, Willock, Bradley, Goodson, Campbell.
It feels amiss to not pick these players. We are so fortunate to have such a strong squad.   

In My Opinion, Zane’s team is a good one and I would choose Jack Thomas just ahead of Jared Bird because of his aggression and attacking prowess.

01/8/2022 9:02 AM  #20

Interesting side

My team would be

?

? KF BT?

JT DB JB

MG CG JW

? Still think these 3 placers are up for grabs

Subs

AT OBH RC ZG

Still a couple more training sessions before the start of the season.

01/8/2022 5:27 PM  #21

Which players are picked will depend on how Martin Carruthers wants to play. A few players are carrying slight injuries so how they feel may dictate who plays.  
It will be really interesting to see which players get the nod and it will take a few games to see which players show consistency and claim their shirt. I'm confident that our players will perform much better in the league than they did in the friendlies. 

Just for fun I’ve predicted Saturday’s results in our league: 

A.F.C. Rushden & Diamonds  2   Needham Market  1
          Alvechurch  2 Stourbridge  2
          Barwell  2. Hitchin Town  1
          Bromsgrove Sporting  1  St Ives Town  0 
          Hednesford Town  3. Redditch United   0
          Kings Langley  1  Mickleover  3
          Leiston  2. Nuneaton Borough  1
          Royston Town  2  Basford United  1
          Rushall Olympic  2  Coalville Town 3 
          Stratford Town 1  Bedford Town  2
          Tamworth  2  Ilkeston Town  2

02/8/2022 2:50 PM  #22

Tamworth play their final pre-season friendly tonight at Chasetown.  Anybody going?

Chasetown FC @ChasetownFC1954 
Up Next: Pre-Season Friendly Chasetown vs. @tamworthfc  Tuesday 2nd August 7.45pm Admission: £1
The Scholars Ground, Church Street, Chasetown, WS7 3QL  

02/8/2022 4:16 PM  #23

Tweet from Tamworth today:

Tamworth Football Club  @tamworthfc 
A large crowd is expected for our first league game against Ilkeston Town on Saturday. This game is segregated and there are no cash turnstiles. The ticket office will be open from 1.30pm on the day for home supporters only. 

Get your tickets here:     https://thelambs.ktckts.com/event/tam2223h01/league-vs-ilkeston-town

3:00 pm · 2 Aug 2022 

Last edited by Matchman (02/8/2022 4:18 PM)

02/8/2022 7:40 PM  #24

'

This evenings team sheet against @ChasetownFC1954

Tamworth leading 2-0 at half time. Dan Creaney and Eoin McKeown the scorers

Hitchin Town are playing at one of our last season opponents Cambrige City.   At half time it's 1-1

Last edited by Matchman (02/8/2022 7:58 PM)

02/8/2022 8:00 PM  #25

Goal for Chasetown on 52 minutes   -  It's now:    Chasetown  1  Tamworth  2

Goal for Tamworth (ALEX JONES)      It's now:     Chasetown 1  Tamworth  3

Late goal for Chasetown                      It's now      Chasetown  2  Tamworth  3

Result    Chasetown  2  Tamworth  3

Result    Cambridge City  1  Hitchin Town  1

Last edited by Matchman (02/8/2022 8:38 PM)

03/8/2022 9:29 AM  #26

What sort of crowd are Tamworth expecting?

Tamworth Football Club  @tamworthfc 
A large crowd is expected for our first league game against Ilkeston Town on Saturday. This game is segregated and there are no cash turnstiles. The ticket office will be open from 1.30pm on the day for home supporters only. 

Tamworth’s attendances last season were consistently between 500 and 600. The gate versus their big rivals, Nuneaton was 1175.  Did they segregate for that match?

Can't see the gate for Tamworth v Ilkeston being more than 800 so segregation seems 
unnecessary.

04/8/2022 12:26 PM  #27

SEASON OPENER BRINGS ILKESTON TOWN TO THE LAMB ON SATURDAY

So Pre-Season has come to an end with a 3 - 2 win at Chasetown on Tuesday evening and we can look back on a successful run of results which saw the Lambs win 6 of the 8 games played. 20 goals were scored, with 10 conceded. However, no points or championships are awarded pre-season as the important work starts on Saturday when we welcome Ilkeston Town to the CR MOT Centre Community Stadium at the Lamb (KO 3.00pm).

No doubt the management team will have a headache deciding on the starting XI, with a strong squad to select from and some impressive performances pre-season. The Robins had a great season and were champions of the Northern Premier League Midlands Division. In the Ilkeston Town squad on Saturday will be 2 familiar faces who are no strangers to the Lamb - Jack Thomas and Dan Bradley who were both here last season. Ilkeston last visited the Lamb for a competitive fixture on 21 April 2003 in a Southern League Premier Division game, which ended in a 1 - 1 draw in front of a crowd of 1583. Tamworth were crowned champions of the Southern League that season. All in all the Lambs and Robins have played each other 24 times with Tamworth winning 9, Ilkeston 8 and 7 being drawn. The largest attendance for a game between the sides came at the Manor Ground on 21 Jan 1989 when over 1600 turned up to see the Lambs win 2 - 1 on our way to winning the FA Vase. 

Match Day Information

• Tickets are available on line and supporters are encouraged to purchase in advance as we anticipate a large crowd for this fixture. You can get tickets here.
  • Please remember that we do not operate any cash turnstiles at the Lamb and this particular fixture will be segregated.
  • Tickets can be purchased on line right up to kick off time, however, home supporters may purchase a ticket from the ticket office at the gorund using cash or card. 
  • There is car parking available at the ground and charges apply as follows

• Car £2
    • Mini Bus £5
    • Coach £10

• Hot food, snacks and drinks are on sale at various outlets around the ground
  • A match day programme is published for purchase at the ground
  • If you can't make the game there is full live coverage on our Lambs Media Mixlr Channel. Further details about match coverage and links required here

04/8/2022 1:35 PM  #28

They forgot to say the coach is being segregated from the home fans , well they  might as well go the whole hog.  

04/8/2022 1:44 PM  #29

I thought someone would complain about the £10 parking fee for coaches. I'll pay for the Supporters coach to get parked.

Last edited by Matchman (04/8/2022 1:48 PM)

04/8/2022 3:28 PM  #30

Matchman wrote:

I thought someone would complain about the £10 parking fee for coaches. I'll pay for the Supporters coach to get parked.
i noticed that mate . I think that will tip Zane over the edge lol 
Thanks for the gesture mate ........

Board footera