WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/9/2022 8:28 PM  #1

Sat 10 Sep 22 : Ilkeston town v St Ives Town

Ilkeston's next league match is against 3rd in the table St Ives Town who have recorded four wins in their opening six matches. The Ives have scored at least twice in every game so far and have scored 16 league goals in total. Only Coalville and Tamworth have scored more.
The Robins will hope to take the momentum from their FA Cup win at Matlock into the league.
St Ives are also though to the FA Cup 2nd qualifying round after beating Barking 4-0.

Last edited by Matchman (06/9/2022 7:36 AM)

05/9/2022 8:38 PM  #2

Re: Sat 10 Sep 22 : Ilkeston town v St Ives Town

St Ives will include ex Robin Jonathan Edwards in their line up. He is presently the Southern League Central DIvision top scorer.

06/9/2022 12:41 PM  #3

Ilkeston Town v St Ives Town  will be Jamie Ward's first match in charge. 

Hopefully a new manager bounce

Last edited by Matchman (06/9/2022 12:49 PM)

07/9/2022 9:58 AM  #4

What will Jamie Ward's first team selection be like? He's played alongside the players and has to decide how he wants the team to play and then choose the players to do it. 

We all want Jamie to succeed and get that opening league win to kick start our season. It won't be easy as St Ives have made a good start, but if we can do it, it will give us confidence going into our next match which is a difficult one at Coalville.

Last edited by Matchman (07/9/2022 9:59 AM)

07/9/2022 11:20 AM  #5

Is Ben Turner still a player? When’s O’Hanlon back? Have Bird and Wakefield gone? Is Bradley back? Could be anything.
                     Deeney
Wilson Willock  Fenton  OBH/Bennett
Eratt-Thompson Solanke Bradley
Gibson  Campbell  Arlott-John

07/9/2022 1:09 PM  #6

Basically the same team as Mr Nicky. May change if Bradley is fit. They may want to play Arlott-John up front and pick another midfielder either Bird or Wakefield if they are still here. I think both have not really been able to show what they can do at this level so far. I apologise to any players I have missed out I am sure there is somebody!!

Deeney

Wilson      Willock  Fenton      Bennett
                      Solanke
Eratt-Thompson         Brown-Hill
                   Arlott-John
            Gibson      Campbell  

Subs O'Hanlon, Troke, O'Grady, Hilton/Costa and Bukowki.

Board footera