WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/10/2022 10:51 PM  #1

If...

If Ilkeston Town's games has finished on 88 minutes instead of 90 plus  we would have gained seven more points this season elevating us to fourth place in the table instead of fifteenth!

07/10/2022 10:52 PM  #2

Re: If...

Goes to show what a poor league it is

03/12/2022 9:44 PM  #3

If we get promotion(when) we could be playing against the likes of scunthorpe and oldham next season

03/12/2022 10:46 PM  #4

Couldn't agree more Alex, there's nothing to be frightened of in this league. All those points we dropped in the early games this season weren't because of how good the opposition teams were, but because of how we were struggling to put together a strong, settled, balanced side. I asked today if this league was much better than the league we were in last season. The Stamford, Halesowen, and Chasetown teams of last season would have done ok in this league. But I don't believe in 'ifs', the games we've played are gone, and we are where we are. We have to look forward. And I think we can look forward with optimism. One thing that strikes you about our team at the moment is their fitness levels and energy levels and application levels. They are all buying into what Wardy is doing and they are grafting from minute 1 to minute 90. O'Grady didn't have his best game today (on my wishlist would be a lump of a centre-forward who can shake defenders up and win balls in the air - I wonder if that's Wardy's type of player though?), but he worked so hard, chasing balls down right up to the final whistle.

Scunthorpe's my home town team and I'd love to be playing them next season. Wow, to see Ilkeston play at Glanford park in a league game. Scunny have now got new owners though and I'm hoping things start picking up for them.

Last edited by Trowell Nicky (03/12/2022 10:47 PM)

Board footera