WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/11/2022 9:47 AM  #1

4th November 2019 - A sad day

Three years ago today Ilkeston lost one of it's most respected citizens. Danny was a regular in the Clocktower Stand and is greatly missed by all who knew him.  I spoke to him in the Clocktower stand about a month before he died and he told me that his cancer was terminal. He said that he hoped to survive until Christmas. Sadly he didn't. A real Ilkeston legend and a lovely man.  

Ilkeston Life tribute 4th Nov 2019
We are heartbroken to record the death of our much-loved colleague and local history expert Danny Corns, who passed away today.  He was a regular contributor to our paper where his articles almost invariably brought a reader response. He was President of Ilkeston and District Local History Society. We offer sincere condolences to Barbara and family.   

04/11/2022 10:06 AM  #2

Re: 4th November 2019 - A sad day

Danny was a legend not just at Ilkeston Town but Ilkeston full stop! He encouraged me when I joined the Local History Group many years ago and he was very supportive of myself and Duncan Payne when we first started researching Ilkeston football history. I never heard him utter a negative word about anything!

Board footera