WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/11/2022 10:26 AM  #1

Ilkeston v Tamworth : Sat 10th December '22

Our match against league leaders, Tamworth on 10th December has to  be our biggest match so far. The result of this game will probably determine whether we are improved enough to make a promotion challenge in the second half of the season.  It could be a good time to be playing them. After nine league wins on the bounce Tamworth have now failed to win their next five (3 draws and 2 defeats). Before they play us though, they host struggling Bedford Town at home and should return to winning ways.

It was disappointing to hear that there was more trouble involving so called Tamworth fans at Nuneaton. We try our best to encourage a friendly family atmosphere at the NMG and we don't want these troublemakers coming and spoiling it, 
After the way our fans, owner and manager were treated at Tamworth, the return match at Ilkeston was always going to be tricky. 
It is unfortunate for genuine Tamworth FC supporters that these trouble seekers attach themselves to their Club.
Dave will do all he can to provide a safe environment and to ensure there are no unsavoury incidents. 

29/11/2022 6:24 PM  #2

Re: Ilkeston v Tamworth : Sat 10th December '22

Some supporters have expressed concerns about possible trouble at the upcoming fixture against Tamworth at the NMG.
I've heard from a reliable source that we will be employing many more stewards than usual and they will be supplied by a professional stewarding company in order to ensure a safe environment for supporters. 

29/11/2022 8:17 PM  #3

You would have thought Tanworth would do someting themselves to try and stamp this out . Yes i know it will be hard to do but by doing nothing ( i appolgise if they have done something). Firstly. as i noticed they let the teenage element right behind the dugout at their ground which i find absolutely joke. Ghandi had a little trouble with them as well.
There seems to be more trouble with the teenage element more in the last two seasons and i think it needs addressing, not later ASAP. Mark my words someone is going to get seriously hurt in the near future. 
I cant get to the Tamworth game which i am gutted at as i was going to return the favour to some genuine Tamworth fans i met for a drink at their place. Now thats nonleague fans at iys best. Dont get me wrong we need the teenage element but the minority need watching. 

08/12/2022 7:54 PM  #4

With the Alfreton game out of the way, we now face league leaders Tamworth. I don't think any injuries were picked up on Tuesday night so Jamie Ward has plenty of players to pick from. Lamin Sherif almost certainly won't be playing due to an ongoing injury so the team plus bench at Redditch could be repeated against Tamworth. Finn Delap will also be wanting to play.

I think every team in the league will be following our match. Not only because it involves two big teams but also because of what happened in the match at Tamworth. It’s sure to be a highly charged encounter with both clubs and their supporters desperate for nothing less than an emphatic win.

Most teams in our league are now roughly half way through their fixtures and have played against their rivals once. There are currently about a dozen teams with playoff hopes while Hednesford  Rushden, Kings Langley and Stratford look like having a battle to avoid relegation. 

There are some tasty fixtures in our league this weekend :
Basford v Royston
Bedford v Stratford
Coalville v Rushall
Hitchin  v Barwell
Ilkeston v Tamworth
Mickleover v Kings Langley
Needham Market v Rushden & Diamonds
Nuneaton v Leiston
Redditch v Hednesford
St Ives v Bromsgrove
Stourbridge v Alvechurch

There are 3 matches in involving promotion rivals, at  Coalville, Ilkeston and Nuneaton; while Bedford v Stratford is a relegation battle.

Last edited by Matchman (09/12/2022 8:47 AM)

09/12/2022 10:40 AM  #5

I'm feeling slightly uneasy about looking after the Tamworth officials at tomorrow's match. When we played at Tamworth we boycotted their hospitality because of pre-match disagreements. There was then Tamworth's failure to accept any responsibility when our supporters bus was attacked which caused even more hostility between both clubs.   

With the simmering antagonism and rivalry between the clubs there's the possibility of some sort retaliation by their officials when they come to us. The officials of most clubs are very courteous, respectful and friendly before, during and after the match so it will be interesting how Tamworth's officials conduct themselves at the NMG.  

As far as Ilkeston are concerned we will be offering the same hospitality and respect that we show to all visiting away officials.   

09/12/2022 1:47 PM  #6

I said I would like ten points from our four December matches to give a real boost to our playoff push. We got off to a great start with the 4-1 win at Redditch. We now face our sternest test, the home match against top of the league Tamworth. Make no mistake both teams are going to be 100% up for this important match. 

It's "We're too good for this League Tamworth" against the "Upstarts now in the big league Ilkeston".

No one connected with Ilkeston will want anything but a win and no doubt all connected with Tamworth will want the same. Tamworth will be the happier if it's a draw as they currently have 13 points more than Ilkeston having played two games more. An Ilkeston win reduces the gap to 10 points and if we win our two games in hand the gap is only 4 points. If we don't win it's not the end of our promotion chances but a win would be a massive boost.

Last edited by Matchman (10/12/2022 7:10 AM)

09/12/2022 1:56 PM  #7

Tamworth Preview of Ilkeston v Tamworth

https://www.tamworthfc.co.uk/tfc-news/20221208-ilkeston-town-v-tamworth

Last edited by Matchman (09/12/2022 1:57 PM)

09/12/2022 5:25 PM  #8

I see the supporters coach has been cancelled due to lack of interest ..

09/12/2022 7:07 PM  #9

Eight out of the eleven NPL Premier fixtures tomorrow have been postponed so far. There are no postponements in our league up to now

09/12/2022 8:33 PM  #10

Updates 10.12.22

Southern League Premier Central
Basford U 0 Royston 0
Bedford T 0 Stratford T 0
Coalville T 0 Rushall 0
Hitchin 0 Barwell 0
Ilkeston Town 0 Tamworth 0
Mickleover 0 Kings Langley 0
Needham M 0 AFC Rushden 0
Nuneaton 0 Leiston 0
Redditch 0 Hednesford 0
St Ives 0 Bromsgrove 0
Stourbridge 0 Alvechurch 0

Others
Morocco 0 Portugal 0
Burton 0 Derby Co 0
Maidenhead 0 Notts County 0
Chesterfield  0 Dorking 0
Buxton 0 Peterborough Sports 0
Chester 0 Alfreton 0
Long Eaton 0 Tadcaster 0

10/12/2022 7:37 AM  #11

kevilsonlad wrote:

There's no lack of interest from other sources

Tamworth are bringing 11 Officials and 6 media. There will also be photographers from Tamworth Herald and Non League Paper.

Last edited by Matchman (10/12/2022 7:38 AM)

10/12/2022 1:13 PM  #12

Matchman wrote:

kevilsonlad wrote:

Tamworth are bringing 11 Officials and 6 media. There will also be photographers from Tamworth Herald and Non League Paper.

10/12/2022 1:15 PM  #13

kevilsonlad wrote:

Matchman wrote:

kevilsonlad wrote:

Put their chairman in a cupboard somewhere and close the door . What an idiot. Arrogant , big headed and a damn right liar....

Last edited by kevilsonlad (10/12/2022 1:16 PM)

10/12/2022 3:04 PM  #14

Ilkeston
1 Battersby, 2 Wilson, 3 Wilder, 4 Eratt-Thompson, 5 Bradley, 6 Fenton, 8 ward, 10 Tomlin, 9 O'Grady, 10 Campbell, 11 arlott-John. 
Bench 12 Fyfe, 14 Tyree Wilson, 15 Finn Delap, 16 Saul Deeney, 17 Thomas.

10/12/2022 3:05 PM  #15

We're off

10/12/2022 3:11 PM  #16

Eratt-Thompson header from arlott-John cross goes wide. Tamworth counter attack and Creaney's vicious shot is inches wide.  Finn curler is wide. Finn tries again with the same result.   Strong start by Tamworth.         0-0    9 mins

10/12/2022 3:21 PM  #17

Arlott-John fouled. Free kick on edge of area wide left. Ward fires over. Big Tamworth appeal for something in the area. Don't know what for and ref doesn't want to know.  Ilkeston corner. O"grady header from the corner is saved. Arlott-John wins another corner. Tamworth clear .          0-0      19 mins

10/12/2022 3:25 PM  #18

Ward cross' to O grady. O Grady shot saved.  Chance for Tomlin but he puts it over the bar. Tamworth dangerous on the counter. Keeper comes out to rob Tomlin who is about to shoot.     0-0     23 mins

10/12/2022 3:27 PM  #19

Updates 10.12.22

Basford U 2 Royston 0
Bedford T 0 Stratford T 0 p
Coalville T 0 Rushall 0 p
Hitchin 0 Barwell 0 p
Needham M 0 AFC Rushden 0 p
Nuneaton 1 Leiston 0
Redditch 0 Hednesford 0
St Ives 0 Bromsgrove 0
Stourbridge 0 Alvechurch 0 p

Others
Morocco 0 Portugal 0
Burton 0 Derby Co 1
Maidenhead 0 Notts County 1
Buxton 1 Peterborough Sports 0
Chester 0 Alfreton 0 p
Long Eaton 0 Tadcaster 0 p

10/12/2022 3:31 PM  #20

Free kick Tamworth. Cockerill gets on the end of it but puts it into the side netting.  Now a corner to Tamworth which Ilkeston clear.  I think Ward has been booked for kicking the ball at the referee.      0-0     28 mins

10/12/2022 3:39 PM  #21

Updates 10.12.22

Basford U 2 Royston 0
Hitchin 0 Barwell 0 p
Nuneaton 2 Leiston 0
Redditch 0 Hednesford 0
St Ives 0 Bromsgrove 0

Others
Morocco 0 Portugal 0
Burton 0 Derby Co 1
Maidenhead 1 Notts County 1
Buxton 2 Peterborough Sports 0
Chester 0 Alfreton 0 p

10/12/2022 3:40 PM  #22

Tomlin's free kick into the area is headed out for a corner Nothing comes of it. Good Ilkeston attack on the left earns another corner. Cambell shot is just too high. Ilkeston on top now. Another corner. Fenton shot is saved. Arlott-John shot blocked then Tomlin shot saved.       0-0     38 mins

10/12/2022 4:05 PM  #23

Half time   0-0

10/12/2022 4:07 PM  #24

Sefcond half is underway

10/12/2022 4:17 PM  #25

Chances at both ends. Successive corners to Tamworth. Battersby punches clear. early pressure is by Tamworth     0-0    56 mins

10/12/2022 4:22 PM  #26

Tamworth have started much better this half. Ward replaced by Jack thomas on 61 mins        0-0    

10/12/2022 4:22 PM  #27

Updates 10.12.22

Basford U 3 Royston 1 ft
Hitchin 0 Barwell 0 p
Mickleover 1 Kings Langley 0
Nuneaton 2 Leiston 0
Redditch 0 Hednesford 1
St Ives 0 Bromsgrove 0

Others
Morocco 0 Portugal 0
Burton 1 Derby Co 1
Maidenhead 2 Notts County 3
Chesterfield  1 Dorking 0
Buxton 3 Peterborough Sports 0
Chester 0 Alfreton 0 p

10/12/2022 4:31 PM  #28

Tamworth free kick into the goal area but its headed wide. Ilkeston are not getting forward enough and the crowd are getting impatient.    0-0    71 mins

10/12/2022 4:37 PM  #29

Free kick to Tamworth in a very dangerous position but it's over the bar.  Tyree Wilson replaces O'Grady on 74 mins       Goal    Tamworth     Jack Thomas loses the ball and Alex Bradley fires past Battersby.       0-1      77 mins

Last edited by Matchman (10/12/2022 4:39 PM)

10/12/2022 4:40 PM  #30

Tamworth score again    Cockerill      0-2          78 mins       We've blown it

Board footera