WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/2/2023 9:48 PM  #1

Player departures

Ilkeston Town FC @ilkestontown_fc  
𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗥 𝗗𝗘𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗦
We can confirm that striker Chris O'Grady and winger Dempsey Arlott-John have had their contracts cancelled by mutual consent. We thank both for their efforts during their time with the Robins and wish them well.#OneTownOneClub
  [/url] [url=https://twitter.com/ilkestontown_fc/status/1623785055154851840/photo/2] 8:45 pm · 9 Feb 2023

Last edited by Matchman (09/2/2023 9:49 PM)

09/2/2023 9:57 PM  #2

Re: Player departures

Dan's the man for the Gladiators!   Posted on 09 February 2023

Matlock Town boss Martin Carruthers has secured one of his recent targets with the signing of attacking midfielder Dan Bradley from Ilkeston Town. He is the Gladiators’ second major signing of the day following the acquisition of Connor Dimaio from Curzon Ashton..Bradley (31) has spent virtually his whole career in the National League and National League North, , making 376 appearances at these levels, scoring 68 goals. He started out at Aston Villa before joining Tamworth where he stayed for two seasons until 2012 when he moved to Kidderminster Harriers but a year later he joined Alfreton Town who were then in the National League. In a five year stint with the Reds he played in 165 games scoring 32 times.Alfreton were relegated at the end of the 2015/16 season to the National League North and come the end of the following campaign, he made the move north to join AFC Fylde netting eleven goals in 29 games before returning to Kidderminster for another two years. Fylde then signed him for a second time for another two years on the Lancashire coast before it became a hat-trick of moves back to former clubs as Billy Heath signed him for Alfreton. Most recently he has been at Nuneaton Borough and Tamworth before joining Ilkeston at the start of the current season where Carruthers was in charge .The Gladiators manager is thrilled to be reunited with Bradley..“I’m delighted to get Dan Bradley over the line, he’s someone I’ve been after for numerous weeks, to get someone of his experience and calibre is just what we need at this moment in time. A former captain at Alfreton, I didn’t get the chance to see the best of him at Ilkeston due to injuries with him not being fit at the start of the season. . But we know all the qualities he has, a great professional. A great lad, a great attitude and he’ll be a fantastic addition to the squad.” Carruthers added that Bradley is a massive signing for the club going forwards. “We’ve got strength in depth now defensively, experience at the back with Saul Deeney and Dan will bring experience and guile we’ll need in the big games we’ve got coming up. So Dan’s a massive signing, a statement of intent that we’re ambitious and we want quality players in for that push for the play-offs so he’s a very welcome addition.” Subject to NPL and FA approval, Bradley is expected to be included in the squad for Saturday’s home clash with play-off rivals Warrington Town.

Ian Richardson
Photo by Craig Lamont Photography

09/2/2023 10:31 PM  #3

Not surprised about OGrady, age isn’t on his side and as the season has gone on it’s become more apparent,  Dempsey AJ, well I’m afraid he’s flattered to deceive, after a blistering start, lately every team seems to have
 sussed him out and he’s continually going down blind alleys and producing nothing as a striker, also he is prone to going down easy and refs are wise to it. Dan Bradley not sure what his injury was but it’s taken a long time to heal and he’s seemed like a new boy every time he’s come on or started and maybe a luxury we can’t afford, let’s see how he gets on with Gandy. More new to come maybe? Our keeper is a bit of a liability and has cost us points. Reco gone to Quorn on loan or permanent, again for me not a good signing. We might have more players out on loan now than Chelsea.  Let’s get Dec and REM back from injury which will help. Maybe after this weeks in & outs are finalised the club lists who we have and where they are so th fans know ( or maybe the clubs lost track 🤣 )

Last edited by silverfoxx (09/2/2023 10:32 PM)

10/2/2023 8:47 AM  #4

Great post Silverfoxx.   Of the three leavers I think Arlott-John was a surprise but he was making silly demands.

10/2/2023 10:09 AM  #5

Demands! For what?

Kenny Burns once told the following tale, he went in to see Cloughie 2 seasons on the trot to ask for more money ( he was winning awards and Forest were winning trophies ) he got what he asked for straight away without any fuss, “ damn should have asked for more” he said. The third season he went in again, this time “ Kenneth, you’ve done nowt and we’ve won nowt yet, when we have come back and see me again “.

Nuff said me thinks

10/2/2023 7:01 PM  #6

And just the 6 new signings ...

Robins sign six new players | ILKESTON TOWN FC

10/2/2023 7:26 PM  #7

Trowell Nicky wrote:

And just the 6 new signings ...

Robins sign six new players | ILKESTON TOWN FC

Well it was expected wasnt it that we were going to get some loanees from Scunthorpe which i fine with by the way . 
Plus a loan goal keeper ( how many is that this season ?) 
But cant find much about the two 9 Dual Registration players we have signed . One from Clifton All Whites defender Latrell Patterson  , are they two league below us ?  And the second from  Heather St John’s winger Mitchell Woakes , a league below ?.......But who has he been playing for ?
On the last two how have they come about , were they scouted or just been put forward to us. Not going to judge any of the players until about five matches. 

Board footera