WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/4/2023 3:26 PM  #31

Re: Sat 1st April : Alvechurch v Ilkeston Town : ko 3pm

Goal Alvechurch.   1-1.     61 minutes

01/4/2023 3:30 PM  #32

Well worked goal header from cross. Can’t say it wasn’t deserved.
Alvechurch score again.   1-2      69 minutes

Last edited by Matchman (01/4/2023 7:14 PM)

01/4/2023 3:35 PM  #33

Great cross by Bennett as Ilkeston hit back but it’s headed away. I
Another good Bennett cross but Campbell header is wide .    1-2.  75 minutes

01/4/2023 3:40 PM  #34

Fine save by Foulkes from Alvechurch no 8.
Bennett replaced by Patterson.    1-2.   80 minutes

01/4/2023 3:48 PM  #35

Kosluk replaces Delap Who is injured

01/4/2023 3:54 PM  #36

Alv are holding out.  We just can't create a real opportunity and time is running out.. 

Last edited by Matchman (01/4/2023 7:17 PM)

01/4/2023 3:57 PM  #37

Full time.
Alvechurch 2. Ilkeston. 1

Last edited by Matchman (01/4/2023 7:18 PM)

01/4/2023 7:53 PM  #38

APOLOGY
I should retire in shame after those awful updates, definitely my worst ever. I've now gone through them and I think i've corrected all the mistakes and errors, some made worse by predictive text.  A combination of arthritis in my finger joints and Parkinsons makes it really difficult for me to do updates on my phone, especially when my fingers are cold. I'm okay on my laptop with the bigger keyboard but today the signal was too weak and I could only use my phone thanks to Mark Duffy letting me use his hotspot.  Please accept my apologies for the embarrassingly poor reporting.

Last edited by Matchman (02/4/2023 7:57 AM)

01/4/2023 8:48 PM  #39

Dont worry about it mate. You do a fantastic job helping us non traveling fans today keeping upto date with the scores

01/4/2023 8:50 PM  #40

Dont worry about it mate. You do a fantastic job helping us non traveling fans today keeping upto date with the scores

01/4/2023 10:02 PM  #41

Don't beat yourself up John, not even for one second. People are very grateful and thankful for your efforts.

02/4/2023 7:12 AM  #42

Please please John don't worry about it mate . I have done miles worse especially on Facebook I have looked a right t-at a many a time . Like others have said you di a fantastic job . The information you put on here is brilliant . I have told many fans to come on here because of the info you do.
   Again please don't worry about it ..

02/4/2023 7:19 AM  #43

Just testing that you can speak on the phone and it comes out on the text. And by the looks of it it has. Just wondering if it can work on your phone John.

02/4/2023 8:36 AM  #44

On arrival at Lye Meadow and a look at the pitch, it was easy to see why Alvechurch have a good home record. But no excuses, after a decent first half performance when we had plenty of chances, we just didn’t turn up for the second half. What was most disappointing was our capitulation after going behind when we failed to create a meaningful chance. The pitch was difficult with its two way slope and the heavy surface was tiring but the fresh-legged subs we introduced failed to get into the game. In the period before half time we looked really good and if we had have got another goal the result may have been different. I thought Ollie Brown-Hill did better than expected on his return but MOTM has to be Harrison Foulkes who kept us in the game with several important saves.

Last edited by Matchman (02/4/2023 8:37 AM)

02/4/2023 11:19 AM  #45

Mark Duffy's Match Report

Unbeaten run ends as Alvechurch take the points
Apr 2, 2023

SPL Premier Central
Alvechurch 2 (Waldron 66, Concannon 69)  Ilkeston Town 1 (Campbell 16)

Our ten-game unbeaten run was brought to an end on Saturday as hosts Alvechurch ran out 2-1 winners at Lye Meadow. On a tricky pitch that only just survived a pre-match inspection, with covers having successfully protected it from the midweek rain, both teams created numerous chances throughout the game but ultimately it was ‘Church who would be more clinical. The two goalkeepers were busy in the early stages, Alvechurch’s Jamie Soule and Ilkeston’s Olly Brown-Hill both seeing shots saved. After Tom Edge had also seen Robins keeper Harrison Foulkes push away his effort, we then took the lead on 16 minutes, as Dec Eratt-Thompson’s corner from the left found Finn Delap whose effort crashed back off the crossbar, the ball falling to Remaye Campbell who was able to guide it into the net.
How the game then remained 1-0 until half-time was anyone’s guess, as first Soule was denied by Foulkes twice in 30 seconds in one-on-one situations, then Henri Wilder saw ‘Church keeper Dan Jezeph save well from point-blank range. Leroy Lita then headed wide, Campbell’s drive was parried away by Jezeph, then Wilder went close again but his strike was cleared off the line. There was still time before the break for Lita to shoot wide, then Kieran Fenton produced a superb last-ditch tackle to deny Soule as he was again through on goal.
The second-half saw fewer clear chances but Alvechurch took two of the ones they created. After Soule saw a good chance go begging early on, they equalised on 66 minutes when a cross from the right from Jack Concannon was met by Danny Waldron’s diving header that left Foulkes with no chance.
Three minutes later the hosts led as Concannon was sent in on goal and his low finish completed the turnaround. Brad Burton’s strike from range was well saved by Foulkes as Alvechurch sought a third goal, while we struggled to respond with too many threats at the other end and ultimately ran out of time.

Alvechurch: Jezeph, Cassidy, Burton, Teixeira, Dugmore, Carter, Abbey, Edge, Waldron (Skeel-Hamilton 73), Concannon (Walker 79), Soule (Soule 85)  Not used: Finnegan
Ilkeston: Foulkes, Eratt-Thompson, Wilder, Hilton (Woakes 72), Delap (Kozluk 86), Fenton, Campbell, Thomas, Lita, Brown-Hill, Bennett (Patterson 80)  Not used: Ward, Woodward
Att: 366
Ref: Thomas Staten 

03/4/2023 8:52 AM  #46

Alvechurch match highlights:

Take a look at the disallowed Lita goal which would have given us a 2-0 lead.

https://youtu.be/SlQJqvVInq0

Last edited by Matchman (03/4/2023 8:57 AM)

03/4/2023 1:11 PM  #47

Matchman wrote:

Alvechurch match highlights:

Take a look at the disallowed Lita goal which would have given us a 2-0 lead.

https://youtu.be/SlQJqvVInq0

OMG that Lita goal looked very dubious .......

03/4/2023 9:38 PM  #48

Sat 1st Apr 2023
Southern League Premier Central
Alvechurch  2  Ilkeston Town  1
Alvechurch’s efforts to get their pitch playable after so much rain were rewarded as Ilkeston’s ten match unbeaten run came to an end. 
The hosts started the stronger and Ilkeston goalkeeper Harrison Foulkes made two important saves early in the game from Jamie Soule and Tom Edge but it was Ilkeston who went ahead against the run of play. Following a corner, Finn Delap’s shot came back off the bar and the rebound was smacked in first time by Remaye Campbell on 16 minutes. A few minutes later Ilkeston appealed unsuccessfully for a penalty when Ollie Brown-Hill went down in the Alvechurch box. As the game swung from end to end Foulkes made two more saves from Soule. At the other end Ilkeston twice went close to increasing their lead. First, Declan Errat-Thompson was denied then Daniel Jezeph saved brilliantly when Henri Wilder looked sure to score. The final 15 minutes of the first half was Ilkeston’s best period but they couldn’t add to their lead. Jack Thomas fired wide, Campbell’s shot was pushed round the post and Wilder’s effort was kicked off the line. Just before half time, Brown-Hill made a chance for Leroy Lita but his effort flew the wrong side of the post while at the other end a timely tackle by Kieran Fenton prevented Soule from equalising.
Alvechurch were the better side after half time but Ilkeston thought they should have had a second goal when Lita latched on to Brown-Hill’s pass and fired home but was flagged offside. Alvechuch countered immediately and scored a superb equaliser through Danny Waldron’s diving header from a right wing cross on 65 minutes. Four minutes later they scored what proved to be the winner though Jack Concannon. Brad Burton nearly made it 3-1 but was denied by Foulkes. Alvechurch’s defence stood firm and Ilkeston were denied a real equalising opportunity.  A disappointing day was made worse in added time when assistant manager James Jepson was red carded.

06/4/2023 2:51 AM  #49

𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗜𝗘𝗪
Jamie Ward speaks after the 2-1 defeat at Alvechurch on Saturday.

https://youtu.be/a2-58z060Us 

4:21 pm · 5 Apr 2023 

07/4/2023 8:15 AM  #50

Despite their.fixture pileup and having to play twice per week Alvechurch have won their last four (all at home).

Tue 21 Mar   Barwell       won 2-1
Sat  25 Mar  Bedford       won 2-0
Sat  01 Aor   Ilkeston       won 2-1
Tue 04 Apr   Mickleover   won 2-1

Today (Good Friday) they play a 5th consecutive home match against Needham Market.

Re James Jepson red card against Alvechurch 
Apparently he was sent off for swearing at the ref. Jeppo disputes that saying that all he did was question a decision.

Last edited by Matchman (07/4/2023 8:40 AM)

Board footera