WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/5/2023 6:27 PM  #1

Robins announce Retained List

Robins announce retained list
     May 15, 2023

We can now confirm our retained list following the conclusion of the 2022/23 season.

Players under contract for next season: Declan Eratt-Thompson, Henri Wilder.

Players offered contracts for next season: Jack Thomas, Remaye Campbell, Olly Brown-Hill, Mitchell Woakes, Harvey Woodward, Kieran Fenton, Leroy Lita.

Players released: Tom Hilton, Harley Kozluk, Latrell Patterson, Tyree Wilson.

We’d like to extend our thanks and best wishes to those leaving the club and wish them well in their future careers.
Meanwhile, the club can also confirm we have been placed in the Northern Premier League Premier Division for the 2023/24 campaign.The allocation represents a return to the NPL following promotion from Division One Midlands in the 2021/22 season, which was subsequently followed by a season in the Southern Premier League.
Our pre-season schedule is currently being finalised by player-manager Jamie Ward and his staff and details will be forthcoming in due course.

So we have nine players from last season's squad. This leaves room for a similar number of new signings chosen by Jamie Ward.

Last edited by Matchman (15/5/2023 6:35 PM)

15/5/2023 6:35 PM  #2

Re: Robins announce Retained List

I liked the look of LP would have given him the option to train with us and earn a deal for next season.

The others thanks for you efforts last season

16/5/2023 3:58 PM  #3

Our Erewash sister club, Long Eaton United have climbed to the same Step 3 level as us, a fantastic achievement . As they are in the Southern League, it is quite possible that they could finish higher than we do in the Northern Premier League next season.  I thought Long Eaton would struggle in the NPL East Division last season but they proved me wrong. So what's to stop them doing it again in the Southern League. It's pretty obvious that they have a fantastic manager in Ian Deakin but Step 3 is going to test them. 

Meanwhile back at Ilkeston, Jamie Ward and James Jepson will be hoping to recruit players capable of making a playoff challenge which won't be easy. It's a big chance for the two of them to prove themslves and I think that they will. Most people agree that the NPL will be tougher than it was in the Southern League. I understand that Ward and Jepson know the players that they would like to bring in so it's a matter of who they can persuade to come to the NMG. Many players change clubs at the end of each season so every new season gives different clubs the chance to do well but the bigger clubs always attract the best players. What every club  needs is to get off to a good start. Last season we started poorly and it made it really difficult to break into the playoff positions. 
​I'm really pleased that Ollie Brown-Hill has been offered a contract after being loaned to Stamford for most of last season and then showing great professionalism when he was re-called in our hour of need. 

Last edited by Matchman (16/5/2023 4:00 PM)

18/5/2023 2:43 PM  #4

after last seasons start to the season i wont get to excited . I thought we had on paper a very strong side but what with the big earners i am sorry to say i was very frustrated and disappointed . 

18/5/2023 4:43 PM  #5

It could be that we used too many players last year. It must be difficult to build the kind of team spirit and ethic that you need to get promoted when you are constantly chopping and changing. Perhaps we need not so many big names but younger hungrier players who are on the way up. I am confident Ward and Jepson will have players in mind for next season. I do not expect Ilkeston to win the Northern Premier League next season but I would be dead chuffed if we made the play offs.

29/5/2023 3:59 PM  #6

In terms of players, is this what we've got so far then?

Matt Yates, Goalkeeper, 24.
Henri Wilder, Leftback, 23.
Kieran Fenton, Centre-back, 28.
James Hurst, Centre-back, 31.

Declan Eratt-Thompson, Midfielder, 21.
Jordan Hallam, Midfielder, 24.

Leroy Lita, Forward, 38.
Basile Zottos, Winger, 20.

29/5/2023 6:33 PM  #7

Yes, only eight players we know about so far.  It’s not been said whether Campbell, Brown-Hill , Woakes or Woodward have agreed to stay

Another club watched and made enquiries about Remaye towards the end of last season but Jamie told me that he didn't expect him to leave. It's possible that club have approached him again.
I would guess that after getting loaned out last season Ollie will naturally need assurances that he's going to get game time.
Mitchell Woakes seemed happy at the end of last season so I expect him to sign. 
After his heroics at Hitchin, if Woodward is happy to be cover for new signing Yates, then I hope he signs.

There has to be at least another six players to come. Maybe we'll take a few loan players again.

Last edited by Matchman (30/5/2023 6:14 AM)

07/6/2023 10:08 AM  #8

So Wardy’s happy with what we’ve got and any other additions will be loanees/trialists. As far as I can see, we’ve got 9 players …

Jack Tolley, Midfielder, 19.

Leroy Lita, Forward, 38.

Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by Trowell Nicky (07/6/2023 10:08 AM)

07/6/2023 10:39 AM  #9

I must admit i am a little concerned ........
taking on loans are good BUT they can soon come and go unless there are long term ones , but even so you always get call backs .
Trialists .......Again they come and go and rarely taken on long term. But you never know there are some good uns out there . 

07/6/2023 11:48 AM  #10

Maybe the last game of the season when we only had the bare eleven is a sign of how things are going to work now. I share your concern about relying on too many short term loans but that might be the economic situation we are now in.

07/6/2023 1:40 PM  #11

Jack Tolley, Midfielder, 19.

Leroy Lita, Forward, 38.

We could probably add Mitchell Woakes.  That makes 10. 
Jamie Ward  will probably sign as a player and Harvey Woodward as back up keeper.

And there's a rumour that one of our loanees from last season may be back.

07/6/2023 1:53 PM  #12

Plus we where told that we would get 2 season long loans from scunthorpe.

The squad is looking a little bare but with Leroy in your side we always have chance if scoring a goal or two.

07/6/2023 3:10 PM  #13

I would put Dec as a utility player because I we have seen last season he can play in a number of different positions. I also think this could be his down fall.

09/6/2023 2:18 PM  #14

https://ilkestontownfc.co.uk/team/       (not quite up to date but close)

Last edited by Matchman (09/6/2023 2:21 PM)

Board footera