WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/6/2023 7:58 AM  #1

Brandy for Long Eaton

L’VARN BRANDY SIGNS FOR THE BLUES
BY BRADLEY WHITE
Long Eaton United is pleased to announce the signing of attacking midfielder L’varn Brandy.The former Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday youth player joins The Blues after spells at Chesterfield, Allenton United and Stapleford Town. During his time with Stapleford Town, Brandy scored a crucial equaliser as The Saxons came from a goal down to beat Keyworth United in the Nottinghamshire FA Saturday Senior Trophy final. After completing the move to Grange Park, Brandy said: “I’m feeling positive and excited about meeting the lads and getting started. I have heard that they are a good bunch, and also the staff, so I can’t wait to hopefully become a part of that!”

Describing the inspiration behind the move, Brandy added: “Long Eaton are a very good footballing side with a good background. [Ian Deakin] made me look at the positives about football again - Long Eaton is the perfect place [for me] to express and enjoy my football.” Brandy played in the same U18s squad at Hillsborough as Luke Cox and cited it as a reason behind the move. “I also know Luke Cox, who I spent my youth academy days with [at Sheffield Wednesday], which gives me all the more reason to play my football here.”Looking ahead to the new season, Brandy concluded: “The club progressing up the leagues and doing very well is an achievement alone. But I have set myself personal targets. The biggest one for me is enjoying my football again at a good level with good people around me.“Of course you have your individual targets — goals, assists — but most of all I want to express, play with freedom and hopefully get another promotion!”

Last edited by Matchman (03/6/2023 8:04 AM)

Board footera