WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/1/2017 5:39 PM  #1

Ilkeston v Matlock Town UPDATE

No representation at the NMG again today but despite losing 1-0 it sounds like it was a much improved Robins today! However no goals and another defeat does not look good when the tables are calculated!g

02/1/2017 8:35 PM  #2

Re: Ilkeston v Matlock Town UPDATE

I wasn't at the Mickleover game due to illness but it must be fair to say that the performance against Matlock was a big improvement. Matlock deserved to win but Ilkeston stayed in the game right to the end. In a scoreless fist half there were three disallowed goals, two by Matlock and one by Ilkeston. Matlock got the crucial goal in the second half and after Thornberry got a second yellow Ilkeston's task became too difficult. Ilkeston players picked up five bookings in total whereas Matlock received none which seemed a strange statistic after watching the game. Ilkeston failed to create many scoring chances and there lies the problem. One positive in my opinion was the performance of Reece Horne who came on in the second half and looked very promising. A Bank Holiday crowd of 474 watched the game.

02/1/2017 9:37 PM  #3

Re: Ilkeston v Matlock Town UPDATE

For me the young lads who are out there performing under far from appropriate conditions are all heroes! If anything positive comes out of this season it must be the effort and work rate of this Ilkeston team. We all know it's not their fault they are where they are. I would suggest and hope they will be stronger as men and footballers by the end of this season!

Board footera