WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/1/2017 12:00 PM  #1

Ilkeston v Hednesford UPDATES

There is a pitch inspection at the NMG at 1pm. Two days of rain so I presuming the pitch will be a tad damp!

17/1/2017 1:53 PM  #2

Re: Ilkeston v Hednesford UPDATES

Game off after pitch inspection by local referee at 1pm

17/1/2017 3:43 PM  #3

The pitch was very wet with surface water in certain places.

17/1/2017 9:47 PM  #4

Despite water on the pitch some of our less informed fans believe that it is Ilkeston that called the game off because they can't get a full team! Most intelligent people realise the inspection is carried out by a referee!

18/1/2017 9:58 AM  #5

I was at the ground and saw the state of the pitch at the time of the inspection. A game is not likely to get the go ahead when there is surface water. The pitch was really wet and would have soon churned up if the game had gone ahead. The local referee's decision was correct as the pitch was waterlogged. The match referee had requested a pitch inspection at 3pm which would have been better but Hednesford wanted a decision by 1pm because a couple of their players were travelling down from the North East, The match referee agreed to Hednesford's request for an earlier inspection and decision. 

Last edited by Matchman (18/1/2017 12:02 PM)

18/1/2017 10:58 AM  #6

It's been bought to my attention that some posters on the other forum might have thought that my comments earlier were directed at posters on their forum. It was directed at a number of people I encountered in Ilkeston who gave their opinions to me about IFC calling the game off! Sorry if I offended anyone!

Board footera