WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/8/2023 3:06 PM  #1

Deakin fired by Long Eaton

Long Eaton United FC   @LongEatonUnited 
Long Eaton United has today confirmed they have parted company with Ian Deakin and his management team after Saturday’s home friendly against Belper Town.  
Long Eaton United part company with management team

Last edited by Matchman (01/8/2023 3:33 PM)

01/8/2023 3:15 PM  #2

Re: Deakin fired by Long Eaton

Ian Deakin and his management team had the chance to come to Ilkeston but after taking too long to accept the position, Andy Nally lost patience and gave the job to Gary Hayward. Deakin was involved in a serious incident with an opposing club chairman which caused Long Eaton to take action. 

01/8/2023 3:21 PM  #3

STATEMENT BY LONG EATON UNITED FC

LONG EATON UNITED PART COMPANY WITH MANAGEMENT TEAM
BY BRADLEY WHITE1 HOUR AGO     

Long Eaton United has today confirmed they have parted company with Ian Deakin and his management team after Saturday’s home friendly against Belper Town.
Chairman Nick Dargan said: “we would like to thank Ian and his management team for their significant effort and commitment over the last 4 years and we wish them every success in the future. 
"In footballing terms, their achievements have been second to none at this level.”
He confirmed that Head of Football Paul Holland will take control in the short term and will lead the team in their first game in the Southern League Premier Central away against Leamington FC on Saturday.
A further announcement will be made in due course.

Last edited by Matchman (01/8/2023 3:38 PM)

01/8/2023 4:05 PM  #4

Long Eaton  0  Belper Town  1
Belper manager Lee Attenborough speaks of an incident in his after match interview;  “Obviously it didn’t finish the way we wanted it to with the ruckus at the end……" 

https://twitter.com/BelperTownFC/status/1685325148574961664

Last edited by Matchman (01/8/2023 4:12 PM)

02/8/2023 5:02 AM  #5

02/8/2023 8:51 AM  #6

Looks like Alex Marshall and Tom Marshall have left Long Eaton as well. 

Last edited by Trowell Nicky (02/8/2023 9:33 AM)

02/8/2023 10:10 AM  #7

Trowell Nicky wrote:

Looks like Alex Marshall and Tom Marshall have left Long Eaton as well. 

====================================================

Thomas Marshall @tfmarshy4 
After 2 Full season and back to back promotions my time at the Community Club have came to an end. @LongEatonUnited A huge thank you to all the management team and players been a pleasure! Most importantly thank you to all the fans that have been loyal supports home and away!  
  9:57 am · 2 Aug 2023  

06/8/2023 4:48 PM  #8

I’ve read about Deaks and the fact he has left Long Eaton United but nobody has said officially why he has left. Long Eaton did say they would make a statement in a couple of days but I may have missed it but I have not seen anything yet. I am like most other people presume it has something to do with the incident at the end of the pre season game against Belper Town. If it has not it is a very strange decision and if it is you would have thought there would have been an official announcement from either Long Eaton United or even Belper Town. Some day I hope Deaks will come back to the NMG to finish the job he started with Steve Chettle all those years ago but for the time being we need to all get behind Gary Hayward and his team. I have researched his history and he’s certainly been around the block but saying that he has often been very successful!

06/8/2023 7:38 PM  #9

No info mate. Its like they are not saying anything. Keeping it all in doors

07/8/2023 4:47 PM  #10

And why have players left after Deaks, Marshall bros and others, 

08/8/2023 9:30 AM  #11

Maybe loyalty to Deaks?

Board footera