WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/8/2023 8:37 PM  #31

Re: Tue 22 August 23 : FC United v Ilkeston Town : ko 7 45pm

Barrows tries a long shot with keeper off his line but it's too high. 

5 additional minutes 
Att1485

Last edited by Matchman (23/8/2023 12:04 AM)

22/8/2023 8:39 PM  #32

Ilkeston counter ends with Wilders cross going out.  time is running out

22/8/2023 8:43 PM  #33

It's finished and we taste defeat
FCU. 1. Ilkeston  0

23/8/2023 7:53 AM  #34

I get fed up of moaning about the ref but come on last was terrible . The worst one was when we had a  big shout fur a penno then he gives a free kick to them straight afterwards what looked a good tackle. JOKE . He was hell bent in them winning giving stupid free kicks what seemed like nothing .

23/8/2023 11:09 AM  #35

Tue 22 August 2023
Northern Premier League
FC United of Manchester  1  Ilkeston Town  0
Ilkeston’s first ever visit to the superb Broadhurst Park stadium ended in defeat after Nic Bollado’s strike just before half time gave FC United all three points. 
Ilkeston started well and edged the opening exchanges. They could have gone ahead when a powerful shot by Nathan Tyson brought an excellent save from Pat Boyes. FC United immediately replied with a vicious shot by Charlie Ennis which just cleared the crossbar. Another FC United effort by Elliot Morris was also just too high and an effort by the outstanding Chiekh Thiam went into the side netting as the hosts started to create the better opportunities. Just before half time Ilkeston pressed for an opener with two chances falling to Jordan Hallam. His first attempt was blocked and the second was just too high. But it was FC United who went ahead after a counter attack saw Bollado get the ball past Yates. 
On 51 minutes a stinging Jamie Waker free kick was parried by Boyes and Ilkeston’s early pressure saw Jack Tolley find the net but the whistle had gone for an earlier infringement. A good FC United attack was halted by Luke Cox who then had a header saved at the other end. On 70 minutes Ilkeston had a genuine shout for a penalty turned down when Henri Wilder was barged over inside the area. This was followed by a Boyes super save from Hallam after Walker’s pull back. FC United nearly made the game safe with an attack that saw Kieran Fenton manage to deflect a shot onto the crossbar and out for a corner. On 90 minutes Ross Barrows saw Boyes out of position but his long range effort dropped over the bar. FC United saw out the added time to claim a hard fought win. 

23/8/2023 1:31 PM  #36

My MOM was Declan . He always gives 100%.  Okay we lost and I'm not saying we should have won but we were denied what looked like a clear penalty. If we'd been given the pen and scored from it, then I think we might have gone on to win. We gave a good account of ourselves against another good team and you can't win every game. FCU were a very youthful side and their number 2, Chiekh Thiam was outstanding. Defensively we look sound having conceded only three goals in four games. Attack wise we drew a blank last night but not for lack trying. I thought Hanson did well but he's more defensive than Connor Dixon would have been. 
Great to see Gary Hayward and the players thank the fans after the game. The supporters bus got back to the NMG at 15 minutes after midnight. There was no despondency on the bus coming back because we'd seen a good game.
Finally what a super ground FC United have, far and away the best I've been to in non-league.

Last edited by Matchman (23/8/2023 2:05 PM)

23/8/2023 3:34 PM  #37

Post-match Reaction: Ilkeston Town
Following that great win Neil Reynolds paid tribute to everyone at Broadhurst Park last night, and we spoke to
@JosephHolt1849 MotM @CharlieEnnis31 Click/like/subscribe 

https://youtu.be/KEMh6XjyGDE

Last edited by Matchman (23/8/2023 3:35 PM)

Board footera