WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/9/2023 8:07 PM  #1

Gary Hayward

Well that didn't take long ...

https://ilkestontownfc.co.uk/news/

Last edited by Trowell Nicky (02/9/2023 8:07 PM)

02/9/2023 8:21 PM  #2

Re: Gary Hayward

Like I have said not once, not twice jump aboard the Ilkeston rollcoster and make sure you have your seat belt on.

You just never know what's going to happen next

02/9/2023 8:39 PM  #3

33 days that’s all it took! What are we doing?

02/9/2023 9:42 PM  #4

Lots of rumours flying about regarding happenings behind the scenes which I don’t know about but results wise it’s four consecutive defeats and deteriorating performances.
After watching training several times I had the feeling that the players and Gary Hayward were not on the same wave length and working in unison. I'm not saying whose fault that was but something wasn't right. Hayward's reign started brilliantly with three straight wins but then performances fell away badly game by game until something had to be done. 

03/9/2023 6:41 AM  #5

I think we all know this was inevitable

GH was appointed a day before Deakin got the bullet at LE. Had that happened a day earlier he wouldn’t have for the job would he

So he was on borrowed time from day one. Deakin will be much sought after so the last thing Ilkeston need is for him to get another job elsewhere and there are a couple more likely to be up soon

Hence GH’s sacking. There may well be other factors too. But one major one for me

03/9/2023 8:15 PM  #6

According to Scott Fletcher's "Unofficial Ilkeston Town" Facebook page:  Gary Hayward's successor will be announced tomorrow evening

Last edited by Matchman (03/9/2023 8:19 PM)

04/9/2023 8:51 AM  #7

So tonight we will know what everyone else appears or pretends to know anyway? Hopefully a period of stability will follow! ........   Oh I forgot this is Ilkeston Town!! Never a dull moment!

Board footera