WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/11/2023 4:46 PM  #31

Re: Tuesday 21st November 2023 Ilkeston Town v Ashton United

It was a much better performance last night. We were at it right from the off. We went toe-to-toe with a good side, and had the better chances to score in the second half, even with 10 men.

Deaks’ thoughts …

https://youtu.be/soDJRaquMo0?si=x4Uf_oP0V__GANvr

22/11/2023 7:27 PM  #32

Wasnt there last night but sounds the guys gave their all and thats all you can ask for . Omg that jamie walker free kick in the last minutes deserved a goal, how the hell did he bend the ball round . 

22/11/2023 7:33 PM  #33

Having not seen Ilson in the flesh for nearly a year I could not see what all the doom and gloom was about as in the first half I thought Ilkeston were impressive and were only at level pegging due to two top draw goals from Ashton. In the second half I thought they lacked direction which was made worse by the sending off. However they could have knicked all three points when Jamie hit the bar. I was a bit disappointed at Tyrel and Zak’s performance but impressed with Connor and Declan in midfield. James Pearce looked class like he should and Yates in goal is solid. Overall I got the impression from talking to old freinds that the club are probably trying to work within their means which could explain why there has been a number of departures of late. It is however a bit irritating that Basford a club who appeared to be on the slide are poaching our better players. It was great to be back at the NMG but odd at the same time as there quite a few faces missing especially from the age group just a bit older than me! I should be back on Boxing Day all being well but thanks to John Tony Keith Danny Andy Mark Donald Nigel and Zane for making it a nostalgic night. 

Last edited by WhiteBallProject (22/11/2023 7:34 PM)

23/11/2023 10:27 AM  #34

Poor attendance for this match.  359

Admittedly nobody from Ashton.

Last edited by Matchman (23/11/2023 10:29 AM)

23/11/2023 11:21 AM  #35

Matchman wrote:

Poor attendance for this match.  359

Admittedly nobody from Ashton.

Did that happen about 6 or 7 times last season. No away fans

23/11/2023 12:05 PM  #36

And no Alex and Kev! The trouble people go to to avoid talking to me! The lovely lady in the club shop was a big improvement on the old guy who is apparently now known as Judith who used to run it. Kev even changed his shifts to avoid me. So if you take into account all the people who did not go to avoid me that was not a bad crowd!

23/11/2023 2:09 PM  #37

WhiteBallProject wrote:

And no Alex and Kev! The trouble people go to to avoid talking to me! The lovely lady in the club shop was a big improvement on the old guy who is apparently now known as Judith who used to run it. Kev even changed his shifts to avoid me. So if you take into account all the people who did not go to avoid me that was not a bad crowd!

Having not look what so ever with home games mid week. At least I can get to the Gresly game .

23/11/2023 6:56 PM  #38

I’m probably back for Boxing Day. Just saying so people can arrange shifts and holidays in good time!

23/11/2023 9:40 PM  #39

Brief highlights. Some very good goals.

https://youtu.be/sM_dcxfsluE?si=w2g7lPPFwlmQYVJI

25/11/2023 8:58 AM  #40

25/11/2023 11:03 AM  #41

You can see why he got a red. Being last man and if he didn't pull him down the other defender wouldn't have got round to stop the forward.

25/11/2023 11:21 AM  #42

You can see why he got a red. Being last man and if he didn't pull him down the other defender wouldn't have got round to stop the forward.

Board footera