WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/1/2024 6:15 PM  #1

Lindon Meikle joins Ilkeston

𝗠𝗘𝗜𝗞𝗟𝗘 𝗜𝗦 𝗔 𝗥𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗡
Experienced forward Lindon Meikle joins the Robins from Tamworth who currently sit top of the National League North
The former Mansfield, Barrow, Macclesfield, York and Buxton forward is available for tomorrow’s trip to Worksop 

https://www.tamworthfc.co.uk/1st-team-squad/04-lindon-meikle

04 : Lindon MEIKLE
Position : Midfielder
Date of Birth : 21 March 1988
Place of Birth :  Nottingham

Lindon started his career with Eastwood Town and made his debut as a 16 year old in the 2004-05 season and moved with manager Paul Cox to Mansfield Town in 2011-12. He moved to York City in 2014-15, signed for Macclesfield Town in November 2015 and joined Alfreton Town in December of the same year.
At the end of the 2015-16 season Lindon joined Barrow, reuniting with Cox again, and then headed to Aggborough spending three seasons with Kidderminster Harriers. He helped Harriers secure promotion in the 2018-19 season and made the move to The Lamb in the summer of 2020. From Tamworth he moved to Buxton and helped them win the Promotion from the Northern Premier League, linking up on loan until the end of the 2022-23 season in February 2023 and re-signed for 2023-24 after helping The Lambs to promotion.

Last edited by Matchman (12/1/2024 6:27 PM)

12/1/2024 10:18 PM  #2

Re: Lindon Meikle joins Ilkeston

I can remember a young Lindon Meikle playing on the wing for Eastwood Town when Ilkeston and Eastwood were big rivals. He was brilliant then and when Eastwood manager Paul Cox was appointed manager of Mansfield  he quickly signed Lindon Meikle. Could be a great signing for us.
He was a regular for Buxton in their 2021-22 promotion winning season making 45 appearances

Last edited by Matchman (13/1/2024 8:11 AM)

13/1/2024 8:51 AM  #3

I think he is the brother of Ex Robin Dion Meikle. I am presuming that he must have played for Eastwood when Ian Deakin was starring in goal for them. At 35 he is quite young compared with his predecessors up front at Ilkeston Town and should be a useful signing giving the club more options upfront.

13/1/2024 11:36 AM  #4

Like have said on Facebook i will reserve my judgement when hes played around five or so. Toooooooo many times have i said "wow that`s a great signing " but they have either been no good , get injured quickly or sod off somewhere else . Very rarely have they gone on to be good , so yeah i will reserve my judgement . But then again i am out this afternoon so watch this space.....lol lol

Board footera