WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/6/2024 8:18 AM  #1

Kieran Fenton - treated poorly by Basford

Kieran Jay Fenton @KieranJayFenton 
Caught in no man’s land for the first time, as nothing has been agreed with no real signs of a serious offer, I assume that means I’m a free agent.

Last edited by Matchman (07/6/2024 8:16 AM)

06/6/2024 9:07 AM  #2

Re: Kieran Fenton - treated poorly by Basford

Can't command higher wages now ...

06/6/2024 1:26 PM  #3

Kieran Fenton was a high quality player and still is but not the sort of player that Ian Deakin wants as he tries to create a successful young side. He has been a great servant at Ilkeston but alas no longer fits into our plans.  He should have no trouble finding another club. 
Sounds like he wasn't appreciated at Basford.

Last edited by Matchman (06/6/2024 1:28 PM)

06/6/2024 6:34 PM  #4

Yeh, great servant and one of my favourites. His lack of pace always did bother me though. Hard to believe he's only 29; one of our current crop of centre-backs is 38 (James Perch)!  Surely we're ok for defenders now - with 5 who can play centre-back (Minkley, Marshall, Cox, Robinson, and Perch) and Brown and Parker as full-backs.

06/6/2024 9:12 PM  #5

Remaye Campbell also released

06/6/2024 9:17 PM  #6

I don't want to sound wrong but this lad has been pinching a wage at football for the last 6/7 years.

When he played for us we where letting in 2 goals a game. He played 2 many games for us.

I said this when he played for us but nobody else cotton on to it.

Interesting to see where he ends up.

Carlton,long Eaton,shepshed or maybe Eastwood they are throwing a little money about.

07/6/2024 8:12 AM  #7

Kieran Jay Fenton @KieranJayFenton 
Not funny mate, joined and they had 5 points after 7 games, we managed to stay up and offered me less than half of my option on contract and underpaid me for fun once safety was secured, also conveniently forgot about the survival bonus he promised!  

6 Jun 2024

Board footera