WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/3/2017 3:19 PM  #1

State of Ilkeston FC

After reading articles by Mark Duffy today it would appear that the club are now able to be more open about the problems they face. It would also appear that CEO Nigel Harrop wants somebody else to take on the job of keeping non league alive in Ilkeston. Maybe soon the fans will not be relying on rumours and whispers for their club information. I think despite the situation the club is in being grave the greater transparency feels like breath of fresh air and one of the few positive things to happen in a long time. We may be getting close to the time when fans may have to bury the proverbial hatchet and join together to save football in Ilkeston. I don't doubt this could be difficult because it feels like we have been here before. We must hope that people have the appetite and patience to do it all again! The next few days and weeks could be very interesting and could quite easily determine the long term future for football in Ilkeston.

08/3/2017 5:02 PM  #2

Re: State of Ilkeston FC

So it looks like we are approaching the end of a problematic period for Ilkeston Football Club which has caused much distress and bitterness. The main problem has always been that of supporters wanting information and not getting it. Lets hope that any new regime are more willing to impart news. Let's also hope that the Club and Supporters Group can become friends again and work together. Together we can  take Ilkeston Football Club forward, reverse the decline and bring back the good days.

09/3/2017 9:01 PM  #3

Another day and another day closer to the ultimate day when Ilkeston no longer as a football team or the club has a new start with fresh ownership and fresh ideas. I'm not sure mud slinging and looking for scapegoats is going to help keep football in Ilkeston. Bridges will have to be built because if the fans cannot do this we will have nothing to moan about. I hope it's not all over just yet and I hope the people who seem to be relishing the problems the club have realise they will have to find something else to do on a Saturday! I would love to think we may have new owners in place in the next few days but I have a bad feeling it may be too late! Let's hope!!

11/3/2017 11:00 PM  #4

Today result against Grantham has made me feel much more optimistic about the future of Ilkeston Football Club. On Friday I was thinking that the club could be finished by the end of Saturday. A postponement due to a players rumoured no show may have stretched the Leagues patience a bit too far. It was obvious that the League don't love Ilkeston FC as at the start of the season when suspended the club and then fined the club for not turning up for games when it was the League who had cancelled the games.
The fact that we have appeared to have survived the weekend and the rumours of a takeover still hold out hope that the club may still have a future. On the other hand it may be I'm getting carried away with the euphoria of gaining an away point for the first time since possibly Coalville which seems like years ago!

Board footera