WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/7/2017 9:26 AM  #1

Alan Hardy

Alan Hardy was appointed a Director of Ilkeston Town Football Club on June 30th 2017. According to the Companies House website.Founding director Michael Duke has resigned. Apparantly this is normal practice for founding directorship. One of his colleagues Barbara Kahan has been a director of over 39,000 companies!

Last edited by WhiteBallProject (06/7/2017 9:32 AM)

06/7/2017 6:35 PM  #2

Re: Alan Hardy

These are exciting times for Ilkeston football supporters. It appears that Alan Hardy is favourite to take over at the New Manor Ground but it's not definite yet. Apparently there is another serious bidder who Erewash Borough Council have been asked to consider by the Liquidators and their identity appears to be a closely guarded secret. All should be revealed very soon.

07/7/2017 8:39 AM  #3

No matter who gets to take on football in Ilkeston there will be many questions which will be troubling fans at the NMG!
Many supporters were very unhappy with the way there club was run over the last two seasons and they will be looking for a new approach! It will be important that lines of communication are improved as previously when reliable information is missing guesswork was the only way fans could work out what was going on.
If Mr Hardy gets the challenge he will be fully aware of how to engage with a "broken" club having taken over Notts County after years of in fighting and dashed hopes and dreams. Having read the excellent "One Flew Over the Magpies Nest" it is obvious that there are many parallels between the situation he inherited at Notts and what he will be taking on at Ilkeston! Years ago when I was introduced to David Holdsworth who had just been appointed Manager of Ilkeston Town I asked him what he thought of the club? He replied that it was a club tearing itself apart and it desperately needed some TLC (tender loving care). I had never looked at it this way because I had become so used to it being this way at Ilkeston. The club are in a similar if not worse position now where there is a lack of trust and suspicion is the emotion of the day!
Hopefully the new regime will bring a bit of TLC to the footballing community of Ilkeston!

Last edited by WhiteBallProject (07/7/2017 8:41 AM)

16/7/2017 12:35 PM  #4

Have been told by the people that matter that it may be a week or so yet before any announcement is made. Apparently there are still a few outstanding issues to be resolved. 

Board footera