WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/7/2017 9:43 PM  #1

Midland Football League?

The Midland Football League have published a new version of its constitution for the 17-18 season and it includes Ilkeston Town in Division One. There has still been no official announcement that Alan Hardy has the lease to the New Manor Ground but this announcement from the Midland Football League seems to suggest he has. Some of the teams in the league will be familiar to older Robins fans but teams like Littleton and Cadbury Athletic will be new territory! If Ilkeston Town get promotion from Division One they would be promoted to the Premier Division where they would have local derbies with the likes of Long Eaton United and Heanor Town!

10/7/2017 10:20 AM  #2

Re: Midland Football League?

Paget Rangers ! Been there a few times,looking forward to Cadbury Athletic and a trip round Cadbury World

10/7/2017 12:14 PM  #3

I took a group of kids there once and they had run out of curly wurlies! We thought the afternoon visit was to Tamworth Castle would calm the kids but that did not go down well either! Anyway on the way back I pointed out every non league ground I could spot to the other teacher! Later she told me it was the worst ninety minutes she had ever spent in her life! I told her she should go and watch Heanor and make it the second worst 90 minutes! Oddly we were never put on the same bus again!
I went on google maps to have a look at Pershores ground! Whilst browsing the town of Pershore i noticed somebody had used a mower to write a message in a field next to their house saying for sale with a phone number! It couls have been on I maps! I might post it on Twitter!
I had many happy away days in the West Midlands in the 80s and early 90s on the team bus with Kenny Burns,Bill Fossey and the Harbottle brothers! I think we have played many of the teams in the Midland Football League during that time but I will have to check through the Hembury to Harbottle book to confirm.

10/7/2017 4:31 PM  #4

Personally I was very disappointed that we were ejected from the Evo-Stik Northern Premier after the selfless efforts of several supporters who enabled us to complete our fixtures to the end of last season despite all of our problems. Having said that we are where we are and at least we appear to be up and running again without missing a season. If, as it seems we will be playing in the Midland Football League, Division One, then we can look forward to visiting some new grounds. It's a long way back to where we where but lets enjoy the journey. The ride may be bumpy. At this moment we don't know what sort of team we will have, so nothing can be taken for granted. Promotion has to be earned and there will be some decent teams in this league. It will be a bit like when Ilkeston FC started up in their first season. With our great support we can restore Ilkeston's reputation and climb back through the leagues.

Board footera