WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/2/2018 2:34 PM  #1

Hinckley AFC v Ilkeston : Live Updates

It's 30 minutes to kick off. Follow the match here:

Hinckley AFC  :
Carl ONeil, 2 James Williams, 3 Mitchell Tomlinson, 4 James Jepson, 5 Richard Munday,  6 Richard Lavere, 7 Kai Tonge, 8 Josh Burniston, 9 Luke Richards, 10 Steve Hart, 11 Josh Willis.
Subs : 12 Abdul-Aziz Muhammad, 14 Jonathan Bukasa, 15 Marcus Jackson, 16 Marley Hamilton.

Ilkeston :  1 Deakin, 2 Fairclough, 3 Walker, 4 Shaw, 5 Jemson, 6 Marshall, 7 Edwards, 8 Wheatley, 9 Hopkinson, 10 Gibson, 11 Bennett,
Subs : 12 Lench, 14 Morris, 15 White, 16 Hodgett-Young, 17 Swinscow.

Last edited by Matchman (24/2/2018 9:14 PM)

24/2/2018 2:51 PM  #2

Re: Hinckley AFC v Ilkeston : Live Updates

It's 10 minutes to kickoff and it's bright sunshine here at St Johns Park. Deakin is back in goal for Ilkeston and there's quite a nice little crowd building up.  

24/2/2018 2:57 PM  #3

The teams are out .  Hinckley are wearing red shirts and blue shorts.   Ilkeston are wearing all white as they did against Leicester Road.  It's nearly kickoff time. We're off.

24/2/2018 3:04 PM  #4

Hinckley have the slope with them.  First corner to Hinckley. Hinckley forward handles.  Hinckley have some big players. No serious threat at goal so far.  Corner to Ilkeston.  Terrific run forward by Tonge but he's stopped in the end.

Last edited by Matchman (24/2/2018 3:08 PM)

24/2/2018 3:13 PM  #5

Good run by Walker and it wins a corner. Corner is cleared. Good interception by Shaw.  Ilkeston are on top so far.     0-0    15 minutes

24/2/2018 3:19 PM  #6

Richards gets a shot in but its no trouble for Deakin. Ilkeston look more dangerous going forward.  Micah has taken a knock and gone off. Great tackle by Shaw ends Hinckley attack.     0-0   20 minutes

24/2/2018 3:23 PM  #7

Best chance of the game to Hinckley but first time volley goes over. Good effort by Steve Hart.  Micah is back on .    GOAL !  That man Hopkinson.  

24/2/2018 3:29 PM  #8

I have the impression that Hinckley rely on high balls into the box.  Hinckley defender has to give away a corner. Hopkinson gets his head on it but it loops over.   1-0      32 minutes

24/2/2018 3:37 PM  #9

Ilkeston are piling up the corners and running the game. Gibson fouled when going through. 

GOAL  from the free kick taken by Marshall  Keeper got his hands to it . Not sure whether another player put it in but it's  2-0 to Ilkeston and a fair reflection of the game

24/2/2018 3:47 PM  #10

Shaw has not put a foot wrong.   Great run by Bennett and the outcome is yet another corner.    
It's half time  and its been all Ilkeston :  Hinckley 0  Ilkeston 2

24/2/2018 3:50 PM  #11

Hinckley have got to be better in the second half. They have only created one chance and Ilkeston must have had 75% of the possession.  

24/2/2018 3:54 PM  #12

Leicester Road are leading 3-1 against Atherstone.

24/2/2018 3:56 PM  #13

R C Warwick  beating Littleton 1-0.

24/2/2018 3:58 PM  #14

Here the players are back out.  Second half is underway. 

24/2/2018 3:59 PM  #15

Goal   Hinckley have got one back  1-2  47 minutes

24/2/2018 4:04 PM  #16

Good play by Gibson creates a chance. Shot seemed to be deflected but ref gives goal kick. 
Goal  Hinckley equaliser. 2-2   50 minutes. Can't believe this.

24/2/2018 4:11 PM  #17

Should really have been an Ilkeston free kick but Hinckley have broken away and scored.   Walker nearly had his head kicked off. How could that not be penalised. Walker is then fouled again. It's a yellow for Richard Munday. Walker takes the free kick and it's too high.   Hinckley are now much better breaking out of defence. Walker is fouled yet again. Game is getting beyond lively.   2-2     57 minutes

Last edited by Matchman (25/2/2018 8:46 AM)

24/2/2018 4:21 PM  #18

Hinckley are a different team.   Walker fouled again when going forward at pace.  Another yellow.   Now Richards gets yellow. Thats 3 yellows in quick succession for Hinckley players.  Ilkeston are now piling forward but Hinckley are defending well.    2-2    68 minutes

24/2/2018 4:22 PM  #19

Goal   Hinckley have turned it round.    2-3    69 minutes

24/2/2018 4:29 PM  #20

Hopkinson brought down on edge of area.  Shaw takes free kick but keeper saves then stays down as if injured.  Misplaced pass by Fairclough nearly costs a goal.  Willis deliberately kicks Fairclough when he's on the floor. Surely that is a definite red card offence but the ref gives another yellow .  Very lenient decision,  Willis is so lucky to stay on the field.

Last edited by Matchman (24/2/2018 9:23 PM)

24/2/2018 4:31 PM  #21

Hinckley keeper is saving everything.  Nothing is going Ilkeston's way this half.   2-3  78 minutes. 

24/2/2018 4:34 PM  #22

Fairclough replaced by Lavell White. 81 minutes

24/2/2018 4:38 PM  #23

Marshall cross misses every one. Ilkeston can't create anything now. Keeper O'Neil is now inspired. 

24/2/2018 4:42 PM  #24

Hinckley are breaking well as Ilkeston push up. Ilkeston can't find a way through.  Only a few minutes left. 

Goal  Its 4-2  Ilkeston caught on the break. 

24/2/2018 4:46 PM  #25

That's full time :   Hinckley  4  Ilkeston 2   Definitely a game of two halves.

24/2/2018 7:40 PM  #26

Let's give some credit to Hinckley for turning the game round after being totally outplayed in the first half. No one could have foreseen the transformation. Despite the fact that Hinckley scored four goals in the second half, Ilkeston had the majority of possession but whereas Ilkeston couldn't break through the uncompromising Hinckley defence, the home side were clinical on the break. It was a superb day for Steve Hart who scored all four of Hinckley's goals. From Ilkeston's point of view it was similar to the defeat at Studley in that supporters were left thinking that we should have won.  

Last edited by Matchman (24/2/2018 7:44 PM)

25/2/2018 9:26 AM  #27

I watched the game away from the media area and among supporters of both sides but mainly surrounded by Hinckley supporters. When reading back my posts I thought maybe I had been too biased regarding some of the Hinckley physicallity in the second half. However after listening to Steve Chelltle's after match interview it appears that my comments were quite justified. Like Steve, my thoughts during the game were what do you have to do to get a red card. Steve mentioned the high challenge on Jamie Walker who appeared to be singled out for particularly harsh treatment. The incident that incensed me most was the deliberate kick at Ben Fairclough when he was on the ground with the ball underneath him. It was definitely a vicious kick aimed at Fairclough rather than going for the ball. I had a perfect view of it and so did the linesman in front of me. Unfortunately the referee seemed reluctant to show a red card which surely would have calmed things down and given protection to the more creative players.

25/2/2018 9:42 AM  #28

Ilkeston's away fans certainly experienced the highs and lows of being a football supporter in the last two matches. After the euphoria of the win against Leicester Road came the disappointment of defeat yesterday in difficult to take circumstances. You have to be disappointed when you lose a two goal lead but from what I saw our supporters were a credit in defeat. 

Last edited by Matchman (25/2/2018 2:04 PM)

25/2/2018 9:45 PM  #29

I was gutted by the defeat but our fans were amazing yet again! I was talking to some Hinckley officials and I asked them about the demise of Hinckley United and it splitting into two clubs. It makes our recent troubles seem straughtforward as I got the idea that Hinckley AFC still one some of the site at Leicester Road but crucially not the pitch. I asked then about the chances of the two clubs merging and I got the impression it was virtually nil. Then I saw and heard the former Ilkeston Fc fans cheering our defeated Ilkeston Town FC players at the end of the game and I realised how lucky we are to have these fans!

Board footera