WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/3/2018 3:49 PM  #1

Next match : Heath Hayes (away) Sat 3rd March '18

Ilkeston's next scheduled opponents are Heath Hayes although the chance of the game going ahead appears to be minimal due to the snow.  Heath Hayes were Town's first visitors to the NMG back in August and they beat us 2-0. They are currently 13th in the table with a record of P27, W7, D9, L11, F66, A67, Points  30. Ilkeston will be keen to get back to winning ways following two defeats. 
With the weather as it is there appears to be a real problem for many teams in this league getting all of their fixtures played by the close of the season. Racing Club Warwick could actually overhaul Walsall Wood and finish as champions if they win their games but their backlog of matches will make it really difficult for them. This Saturday looks very much like a whiteout so that will be another match to pull in for each team. If the snow stays or there is a thaw then next weeks midweek fixture will probably also be postponed.

02/3/2018 10:46 AM  #2

Re: Next match : Heath Hayes (away) Sat 3rd March '18

Your right about RC Warwick. They've been under the radar somewhat owing to all the games they are behind but they do have a lengthy unbeaten run and that momentum will give them confidence. Personally I think playing what will be three games a week may catch up with them physically and I still can't see anybody catching Walsalll Wood. As for tomorrow I'll be gobsmacked if it's on but then again I did not believe Tuesday's game would go ahead. I doubt however that Heath Hayes have covers and even if if they did the average crowd would probably not yield enough bodies to clear the snow and remove the covers. The next action is likely to be at the NMG against Pershore Town a team we are yet to encounter.

02/3/2018 3:44 PM  #3

The game is OFF! Thats put paid to the nerve racking Saturday morning wondering whether you will be trailing down the M69, M42 or A38 or taking Lady WhiteBall out for some retail therapy!

03/3/2018 9:32 PM  #4

The game has not yet been re-arranged but looking at the scheduled fixtures, Tuesday 13th March is a possible date . Both ourselves and Heath Hayes have no fixture on that date.  However 13th March allows only a weeks notice to both clubs and I'm not sure if that amount of notice is acceptable under league rules. 
Also, Heath Hayes have a cup game on Thursday 15th March so may not be happy about playing on the Tueday before.
However, apart from Tues 13th March, there are no other Saturdays or Tuesdays when either Ilkeston or Heath Hayes don't have a match, which means that the game would have to be played as a second midweek fixture on a Thursday.

Last edited by Matchman (03/3/2018 10:08 PM)

06/3/2018 11:55 PM  #5

Heath Hayes away is now arranged for Thursday 12th April. They keep cramming the rearranged games into the final month of the season,  We now have  7 games in 15 days.

Sat  31 March  Cadbury Athletic          home
Mon 02 April    Paget Rangers             away
Thu  05 April    Coventry Copsewood   away 
Sat   07 April    Studley                       home
Tue  10 April     Cadbury Athletic         away
Thu  12 April     Heath Hayes              away
Sat  14 April     Littleton                      home

Last edited by Matchman (06/3/2018 11:57 PM)

Board footera