WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/6/2019 4:33 PM  #1

Lee Fowler / Ian Deakin

Lee Fowler recently spoke to Ilkeston Advertiser about his MFL Manager of the year award and his wait a playing budget for the coming season.
https://www.ilkestonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/modest-ilkeston-town-boss-lee-fowler-shares-award-glory-1-9816119

Lee Fowler met with Mr Hardy today. 

Last edited by Matchman (14/6/2019 9:12 PM)

13/6/2019 12:04 PM  #2

Re: Lee Fowler / Ian Deakin

No news is good news ???
Mmmmm not when Ilkeston football is concerned ..

13/6/2019 12:46 PM  #3

My unconfirmed information is that Lee was given a playing budget for the coming season not dissimilar from the one he had last season. If that is correct it is very good news and will enable Lee to start to assemble his squad. 

13/6/2019 3:54 PM  #4

Matchman wrote:

My unconfirmed information is that Lee was given a playing budget for the coming season not dissimilar from the one he had last season. If that is correct it is very good news and will enable Lee to start to assemble his squad. 

But the word unconfirmed still doesn't make feel any better.
So I take it Lee is stopping then ? What about Deaks , Swinny and Lenchy?
Plus apart from the few players who have re signed who else have ?

14/6/2019 6:21 PM  #5

Well Deaks has gone then followed by who next ? Or to the point how many will be going now .

14/6/2019 8:14 PM  #6

It's really disappointing that Ian Deakin has left. Deaks was responsible for bringing in most of our players so let's hope his leaving doesn't have a knock on effect. He was very popular with supporters and staff so this will send shockwaves around the Club. 

Last edited by Matchman (14/6/2019 8:14 PM)

15/6/2019 7:12 PM  #7

There are now rumours that Craig Swinscoe and Martin Lench have left. Hope it isn't true.

Last edited by Matchman (15/6/2019 7:18 PM)

15/6/2019 9:19 PM  #8

Now confirmed by the Club both Craig Swinscoe and Martin Lench have resigned.

16/6/2019 4:10 PM  #9

I really hope we know what we are doing. It is no surprise that Swinny and Lenchy have followed Deaks so I must presume the powers that be knew that would be the outcome. I also presume it is also part of the cost cutting exercise that we are in the middle of. Overall a lot of presumptions and hopes. I would have rather been talking about building on the success of the last two years rather than becoming Mr Pessimism and the Prophets of Doom! Another good name for a band I think?

Board footera