WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/8/2019 8:52 PM  #1

New Signing

Fernando Bell-Toxtle joins the Robins from Grantham Town. Fernando describes himself as a pacy box to box midfielder! He was also part of the title winning Basford United side!  Fernando trained with the squad tonight.

Quote from Nonleague Today  (@NLeagueToday)
Bell-Toxtle Makes Robins Switch
Midfielder Fernando Bell-Toxtle has joined BetVictor Northern Premier League Division One South East new boys Ilkeston Town after a short spell with NPL Premier Division side Grantham Town.  Bell-Toxtle, 20, had only signed for Grantham on a permanent basis at the end of May from league rivals Basford United following a successful spell on loan with the Gingerbreads in 2018/19.

He had joined Basford in November 2018 from AFC Rushden & Diamonds, where he had been since the summer of 2018, and helped the Nottinghamshire side to promotion. 

Meanwhile : 
Lee Hughes  :   Sorry my previous post was old news which I have now deleted.

Apparently Lee Hughes has now signed for Mickleover Sports

Last edited by Matchman (30/8/2019 6:40 PM)

30/8/2019 5:52 PM  #2

Re: New Signing

"who will be in the Southern League" Thats presuming he gets them promoted!!

30/8/2019 9:53 PM  #3

Matchman wrote:

Fernando Bell-Toxtle joins the Robins from Grantham Town. Fernando describes himself as a pacy box to box midfielder! He was also part of the title winning Basford United side!  Fernando trained with the squad tonight.

Quote from Nonleague Today  (@NLeagueToday)
Bell-Toxtle Makes Robins Switch
Midfielder Fernando Bell-Toxtle has joined BetVictor Northern Premier League Division One South East new boys Ilkeston Town after a short spell with NPL Premier Division side Grantham Town.  Bell-Toxtle, 20, had only signed for Grantham on a permanent basis at the end of May from league rivals Basford United following a successful spell on loan with the Gingerbreads in 2018/19.

He had joined Basford in November 2018 from AFC Rushden & Diamonds, where he had been since the summer of 2018, and helped the Nottinghamshire side to promotion. 

Meanwhile : 
Lee Hughes  :   Sorry my previous post was old news which I have now deleted.

Apparently Lee Hughes has now signed for Mickleover Sports

actually thought that about Hughes going to Mickleover because it was on twitter 

31/8/2019 8:08 AM  #4

I d heard he's signed for Worcester City as well! Im confused!!

04/9/2019 3:52 AM  #5

Apparently, we have another new signing and he was at the NMG last night.  Apparently, he made 18 appearances for a League 2 side last season. 
Why would he step down to Ilkeston's level?  Apparently, He's local and there is a genuine reason for his willingness to play for Ilkeston.

For some reason the Club have not made the announcement yet.

04/9/2019 12:25 PM  #6

The new signing is now revealed as Chris Robertson who played for Swindon Town last season.
I'm guessing he will replace Tyreece Robinson whose month loan from Mickleover Sports is nearly up. 

04/9/2019 3:43 PM  #7

But we aren't blowing the budget so it will be ok . I love theses cost cutting measure that were stated at the start of the season . Why did we think of cost cutting before ........
Would loved to know what the budget is now . Over 200k owed to Hardy before what we will owe now ?
Sorry to bang on about this but ...........

Last edited by kevilsonlad (04/9/2019 6:29 PM)

Board footera